A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO
It's that time of year, more than half a season has gone by and its time to check on how far we've come. In this poll, the Best Dynamic Duos:

Tyrion and Jaime
The Lannister brothers, better than the Winchester brothers in each and every episode. They have offered some of their finest performances during Tyrion's trial proving the Starks are not the only brothers who fiercely love one another.

Brienne and Podrick
The virgin and the sex God, a woman and a child, the hero and her sidekick. There's a unique bond between knight and squire, and that bond is only enhanced when the knight is a honorable Lady and the squire a sweet yet effective warrior. They may not eat many rabbits, but they are already comedy gold.

Arya and The Hound
They say there's a unique bond between a child and his dog, and these two characters have proven it time and again. The panic in which he wakes up whenever he can't find her, the reluctant admiration she has for his skills, and an underlying father & child vibe sustains their very unique dynamic.

Daenerys and Missandei
To prove smart women do stick together, Princess and Former Slave girl have seemed to evolve together, even when it comes to the men they have a very complicated relationship with (Daario and Grey Worm respectively).

Ramsay and Reek
There's something so fundamentally damaged and so fundamentally sick about them it could only work in Westeros. Ramsay would give up anything to keep him, Reek would give up his sister to be with him. They no longer recognize their roles as torturer and victim, they are so broken themselves each is the only person the other would seek for affection.

Bran and Hodor
Not so sure how different they are to the former two, but the affection between them supercedes whatever pain is inflicted upon Hodor whenever Bran wargs into his body. So long as Bran is the brains and Hodor the muscle they remain true to their nature, and true to themsleves.
poll

Comments (33)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Tyrion and Jaimie all the way. I've loved Tyrion from the start and we've only recently delved into Jaimie as a person and what motivates him. there's no denying that these two brothers have the only genuine and sane relationship in their entire family.
not really sure about the Arya / Hound choice or the Bran / Hodor relationship. Arya and the Hound tolerate each other with eerily similar personalities and and a common outlook on life whereas Bran only uses the simple and loyal Hodor to carry him or whenever he fancies a break from his broken body.
Why not add in Jon Snow and Ghost? I felt as happy as Jon did when Ghost reappeared outside Crastor's and I snarled in a very dog-like way when I saw how Ser Alister (master-at-arms) treated them on their return to Castle Black.
Flag
Because Jon & Ghost are not a team in the sense Arya & The Hound, Brienne & Podrick or Jaime & Tyrion are one, so they can't be a dunamic due on the sense Bronn & Tyrion used to be one.
Flag
not dog-like btw, more direwolf-like. #TeamGhostandJonSnow
Flag
Tyrion Lannister and Prince Oberyn will be my top pick for this season for reasons I cannot discuss yet :-(
Flag
The way I see it, Oberyn & Ellaria were the team.

Tyrion was just Oberyn's cause.
Flag
the perfect ending to got: arya on the throne and the hound as hand of the king!
Flag
Any ending with them together is fine by me.

Their episodes are my favorites!
Flag
My favorite is Jon and Sam. And their friendship pays off for both of them.
Flag
To be completely fair, they have been a dynamic duo since season 1
Flag
How is Baelish and Sansa not an option? What?! Too Soon?
Flag
I'd say how is Margaery and Sansa not an option, how come Sansa and Shae weren't back in the day or even Sansa and her Septa in season 1.

Baelish isn't exactly a team player, and he is clearly using Sansa more than anything: a dynamic duo they are not.
Flag
I was torn between Arya/Hound and Tyrion/Jaime. In the end I went for Arya, mainly because they make me laugh.
But, Tyrion/Jaime's link is probably deeper.
Flag
Speaking of fun moments:

Flag
Is it wrong to say Margaery and Tommen?
Flag
I'd say its too early, but give them a season and they'd probably do more damage than Jaqen & Arya at Harrenhal!
Flag
As long as they don't traumatise Ser Pounce.
Flag
If Hot Pie survived Jaqen so can Ser Pounce survive Margaery.

After all, she doesn't switch faces...
Flag
Tyrion and Jaime for the win, with Arya and The Hound barely behind them. Reek and Ramsay is just awkward and disgusting IMO.
Flag
I dare TV to find a most damaged dynamic duo on TV!
Flag
"Ramsay and Reek make the Bates look normal IMO"
I get your opinion, it's other people's that I'm interested in.
Flag
Oh, that one is easy: any Kardashian with anyone. else. LOL.
Flag
Norma and Norman Bates.
Flag
Ramsay and Reek make the Bates look normal IMO.
Flag
Well, a scripted most damaged dynamic duo then
Flag
I don't know if Ramreek can actually be termed a couple, since Reek is not in it voluntarily; but Sam Winchester and Demon Ruby was a sick relationship from Supernatural. The Damon/Elena/Stefan relationship in Vampire Diaries is not very sane either. Then there is the "obvious", Hannibal and Graham in Hannibal.
Flag
"Arya and The Hound" because of everything you've pointed out, plus the aspect that their moral code is so different that I'm just wondering when there will come the time that a) they cannnot be a duo anymore because of something happening that will drive them apart or b) Arya does something Houndlike or c) The Hound does something Aryalike.
Flag
...or they might just end up killing each other. Shame Westeros its not an 80s sitcom.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members