Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO

A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

Watchers on the Wall

Comments (11)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Dec 08, 2017
Iain Glenn and Indira Varma.

Honestly, I've no idea which of these is the better actor. They're all good. Generally in these "Best" awards, people vote for their favourite character, which isn't quite the same thing. Mine would probably have been Rory and Diana.
Flag
Dec 08, 2017
"It did explain one thing I didn't understand, which was the point of the Faction downloading all of their souls (or whatever) into the containment machine thing. I think it was an interesting idea........"

I completely missed that. What was the point and the idea?
Flag
Dec 09, 2017
It seems that the machine can discharge its stored people into other bodies if they are nearby, which is why it's being taken around raves, to replace the dancers with faction.
The idea was to murder a portion of the population with their virus, to reduce reliance on water, oil, minerals, etc. And therefore save many more lives in the future. And to be fair, that actually may have made a difference, whereas it doesn't seem as though our teams have accomplished much so far.
Flag
Dec 10, 2017
"I thought that that window Grace had wasn't to the future, but to old people in the present. I don't quite remember, but I decided that dying old people could probably be used like they use children to send a message, But I maybe completely wrong about that."

No I don't think you are. God knows why I thought it was a transmission from the future. Probably because they usually transfer into children temporarily.
Flag
Dec 09, 2017
"The idea was to murder a portion of the population with their virus, to reduce reliance on water, oil, minerals, etc. And therefore save many more lives in the future. And to be fair, that actually may have made a difference..."

Good God! I'm worried that the idea of killing millions of people seems fair to you. :P
This was definitely a plot I found confusing then. I thought the virus was a new outbreak in the present and not from the future planted by the faction people. Just goes to show how much I pay attention.
The problem with anything being accomplished in the future is that the show then becomes redundant but yes, that's a good point. Nothing much seems to have changed because the mission is still in place. Also, they might be creating a time loop which suggests that they don't succeed anyway. The team will be born eventually, taking up their roles in the future, coming back to save the past again. God knows! I'm not a time travel geek and perhaps there's a way out of this conundrum with different timelines or something.
I thought it was interesting that they opened a window into the future with Grace's sentencing and the Director. A lot of what's happened this season feels rudderless because we don't see anything of the future or their command base.
More +
Flag
Dec 10, 2017
:)
Although I do like time travel shows, they always end of exploding my poor brain at some point with time loops and paradoxes and the such like.
The fact that the future is now different (and they recognise it) is interesting. I'm wondering what possibly could have been changed to alter the outcome of races.

Yes, the virus was caused by the "vaccine" that was given to all of the travellers around the world.
I thought that that window Grace had wasn't to the future, but to old people in the present. I don't quite remember, but I decided that dying old people could probably be used like they use children to send a message, But I maybe completely wrong about that.
Flag
Dec 08, 2017
Both Ser Davos and The Hound are favourites of mine but I'll have to be content with acknowledging them during the preliminaries. What made you pick Ian Glenn?
Flag
Dec 08, 2017
I'm not quite sure. I think he portrayed Jorah well when he was expected to die with Greyscale. He also seemed to have more scenes. I couldn't remember Theon really doing that much this season. Yes, I'm also a fan of Davos.
This was probably the hardest poll yet.
Flag
Dec 08, 2017
No, Theon didn't do much this season. It was the Dragonstone scene with Jon and the Ironborn fight on the beach that clinched it for me.

I like Ser Jorah. He has a unique brand of pessimism that only he can deliver, haha!
Travelers was much better this week. I think Marcy's storyline is the only one that captures me. I'm rooting for her to find her memories and 'get the guy.' :)
Flag
Dec 08, 2017
Yes, I like David and Marcy.
It did explain one thing I didn't understand, which was the point of the Faction downloading all of their souls (or whatever) into the containment machine thing.
I think it was an interesting idea, dealing with competing methods of fixing the past. But, I don't think it really worked. Hopefully it will all be dealt with by the end of the season and if it gets renewed, season 3 will be more like season 1.
Flag
Dec 07, 2017
Alfie Allen and Indira Varma.

They didn't get much screen time but did the most with the little they had. Alfie has given an exceptional performance battling his inner demons through the redemption arc and Indira is definitely the queen of facial expressions.

I didn't really have a close second in the female category but I was torn between Alfie and Liam Cunningham. Jon Snow can be a dour character at times and he supports him very well.

Rory McCann was reliably good and whilst Aiden Gillen deserved a nod for his final scene,  I covered that in the best death scene or similar category.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members