A Game of Thrones Community
Sunday 9:00 PM on HBO
Discussion
Jun 23, 2014
This vs. That: The Red Wedding or The Purple Wedding?
There used to be a This vs That feature on the site that is missing lately. So decided to make one about Game of Thrones. You can choose in whatever context you want and you can vote only once.
poll

staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: Game of Thrones

Join in on the Game of Thrones general show discussion.

Discussion
Jun 21, 2014
My Top 7 From Season 4 of Game of Thrones
This season had a lot of good things going on: for some it may be Tyrion's trial, for some the epic battle between Brienne & The Hound, for some the other epic battle to take over The Wall. I decided to choose my own top 7, whether they are intimate, epic, bittersweet, etc., they are all favorite moments, the most unforgettable for me, moments that I wanted to pay an homage to.

1) The Baby Walkers

I knew what they were doing to the babies was wrong, but not even in my wildest dreams I thought it would be that wrong. After all, feeding an army filled with zombies must have been tough, so I've always assumed Craster's sons were given to fed the dead. Nothing could've prepared me for the tender way which a White Walker held the last of Craster's children, the connection the ...Read more
Discussion
Jun 14, 2014
Best Jon & Ygritte Fanvid
It's been a week and Jon Snow still knows nothing, I don't think he ever will. However, there was one character that told him so, better than his father Ned Stark, better than Lady Stark his stepmother, or even the sister he gave her first sword to.

So here's to honor what are, basically, the last fanvids that will ever be made about Jon & Ygritte. Also, I'd wish to break my tradition of 5 vids because I'm already sobbing with these as it is...

3) We move lightly, by AwesomeOYE2
An earnest chronicle from the ...Read more
Discussion
Jun 14, 2014
Best and Worst Dads from Game of Thrones in Season 4

BEST FATHERS:

3) Oberyn Martell: Bisexual father of 8, takes time from his busy agenda seeking revenge to write poetry to his daughters, watch over them as they play with Princess Myrcella and stand up to anyone that call them bastards. Remember: the Mountain has not just doomed Tyrion, it orphaned 8 girls that were waiting for Oberyn to return home.

2) Stannis Baratheon: Grim leader of few, he doesn't have much going for him except his fatherly devotion to his infidel daughter; you know this is a real father when he defends Shireen from her mother's punishments, his lover's "cleansing" bonfire and anything that may harm her this and every season.

1) Lord Bolton: No father in Game of Thrones has ever acknowledged a bastard. Keep them around? Yes (Ned Stark, Lord Frey, Jaime Lannister, etc.). Acknowledge their existance? Maybe (King Robert, Craster, the next Lord ...Read more
Discussion
Jun 09, 2014
Grieving for Both Sides of the Conflict in Game of Thrones
It's tempting to see the enemy as evil, but what happens when you've laughed with the enemy, feared for the enemy or root for the enemy to end up with the very guy whose friends is killing. And it wasn't just Ygritte I was worried about, it was Tormund too, the cannibal Thenn that I came to like, despite of what he did to the youngestr brother's parents, even Ser Allister and the deep in denial Janos Slynth.

It's exhausting to root for Jon, all the while knowing it was Tormund he may as well kill down the Wall; to yell for Tormund to make it, all the while knowing it was Sam he may have to kill to do so. To be glad Ygritte got through only to resent her for killing Pyp, or to know that little boy had every reason to kill ...Read more
Discussion
May 29, 2014
Anybody else worried that GRRM won't be able to finish the GoT story?
Seems like there's a lot of story to tell and very little time.
Discussion
May 25, 2014
Greatest Game of Thrones-Disney Song Mash-ups!
Since there's no new episode this week, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to check the Game of Thrones-Disney mashup songs out there

5) Let it Go - The Frozen/Game of Thrones Mashup
Funny, poignant and epic, just like the movie - and the show - featured in it.

4 ...Read more
Discussion
May 17, 2014
Vote For The Best Dynamic Duo of Season 4 (POLL)!
It's that time of year, more than half a season has gone by and its time to check on how far we've come. In this poll, the Best Dynamic Duos:

Tyrion and Jaime
The Lannister brothers, better than the Winchester brothers in each and every episode. They have offered some of their finest performances during Tyrion's trial proving the Starks are not the only brothers who fiercely love one another.

Brienne and Podrick
The virgin and the sex God, a woman and a child, the hero and her sidekick. There's a unique bond between knight and squire, and that bond is only enhanced when the knight is a honorable Lady and the squire a sweet yet effective warrior. They may not eat many rabbits, but they are already comedy gold.

Arya and The Hound
They say there's a unique bond between a child and his ...Read more
Discussion
May 05, 2014
Game of Thrones S04E05 "First of His Name" in Bullet Points
In which new alliances are forged, and bad people get stuck with a pointy end.

• Another great episode with all the undercurrents of manipulation, monstrosity and unexpected honesty I have been savouring since last week like a fine Dornish wine.
  • Is it just me or did the Sept crowd seem much more cheerful and jolly than usual? It's as if all of Kings' Landing is exhaling a deep breath of relief: "our new king is not a sadistic psychopath! Yay!"
  • Hi Jaime. Bye Jaime. *Waves*

• Beautifully crafted conversation between Margeary and Cersei. Cersei admitting to someone outside the Lannister clan that she knew her son was a monster was huge gift to Margeary. Therefore I was a bit disappointed Margeary played the “I haven't given any thought to it” card, when Cersei asked her if she still wanted to be queen. I thought not only the line spoiled ...
Read more
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 10 Season 4
The Children
Aired
Episode 9 Season 4
The Watchers on the Wall
Aired
Episode 8 Season 4
The Mountain and the Viper
Aired
Episode 7 Season 4
Mockingbird
Aired
Episode 6 Season 4
The Laws of Gods and Men
Aired
Tyrion Lannister
Jon Snow
Cersei Lannister
Arya Stark
Daenerys Targaryen

Game of Thrones is an HBO adaptation of American author George R.R. Martin's epic fantasy novel series published by HarperCollins, A Song of Ice and Fire. The show explores a medieval-like fantasy world with its plethora of characters all struggling in the only game that matters--the game of thrones. And in this game you either win or you die, there is no middle ground.

moreless