Game of Thrones

Fire and Blood

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Unknown on HBO

• Although limited in action, the finale proves to be a great launching point for season two.

Nearly every tv show needs at least one filler episode. But that's what makes Game of Thrones so awesome, nothing is shown that doesn't have some purpose. Even the nudity and violence is only shown in situations that are organic and never is it excessive. With the season coming to a close, the writer's continue to artfully craft this intriguing tale. With the same pacing that has made this series great, we are shown some major events shown in a naturally progressive manner.

The most notable revelations have to be those of Jamie and Grand Master Pycelle. Jamie shows hints that he hates the character that he proudly promotes in front of others, and that maybe some good lies inside of him. While Pycelle shows that he has mastered the art of survival even during the most maddening of times, by revealing his true self when the whore leaves.

I fully support the decision to end the season after Ned's death. The season finale, although not climactic, proves to be the perfect launching pad for season two. Lastly I'll say that I can see Dany's story being the slowest to develop but it does seem to have the most magical influence over everything else going on, which can make for some compelling storylines later.

Game of Thrones is one of the few adaptations that seems to do the book justice. With great production value, acting, pacing, and intrigue throughout the story, I can see this series having a long and healthy life.