Game of Thrones

Fire and Blood

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Unknown on HBO

• Mourning Khal Drogo

I'm not even going to comment on the tragic death of Ned Stark because I kinda saw it coming (plus a friend already ruined it for me weeks before I saw the final episode). But the Daenerys/Khal Drogo storyline... what can I say. Didn't turn out at all as I expected. I was looking forward to seeing Daenerys march into Kings Landing with her badass hubbie and his band of barbarians, but so much for that. I know Drogo didn't really have many lines in this show, but Jason Momoa is a celebrity crush of mine and I think it would have been cool to see their relationship develop, considering how it started out.

Ah well, the show must go on. The really unique thing about this show is that it's totally unpredictable (if you haven't read the book, which I haven't). I have no idea what Daenerys is going to do with three dragons (it was three right?) and a little ragtag band of barbarians/sheep herding peasants, but I expect that even without Khal Drogo she will become a pretty badass character herself and a powerful player in the drama over in Westeros.

And I was glad to see Sansa finally grow a backbone and stand up to Joffrey, even if it did take her father's death to show her just how spoilt and nasty her fiance is. I hope to see great things from her in future. The Jon Snow storyline is getting boring. When are we going to see some character development? When is he going to fight more zombies?! Only time will tell I guess....