Game of Thrones Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOBetween Seasons

How are you liking Game of Thrones so far?

Kartana

[61]Jun 5, 2011
    • level: 9
    Game Of ZzzZzrones
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

G3ckOz

[62]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 13

Kartana wrote:
    Game Of ZzzZzrones

Not really, it's quite exiting (and i'm an action/adrenaline junkie)

Benowar4ever

[63]Jun 7, 2011
    • level: 2

The show is a (nearly) perfect adaption. David Benioff, Dan Weiss and the actors etc. did a great job. The first half of the season (like the first half of the book) is only the prologue, so that you know the history, the main characters, their relationship etc. I canĀ“t await season 2...

G3ckOz

[64]Jun 7, 2011

I hope HBO decides to adapt all books on screen, it would be a shame not to finish something as great as this. Time will tell, if season 2 will be at least as good as this one, or better, more should come

hkayyemofo

[65]Jun 7, 2011
    • level: 1

'till new Breaking Bad season, Game of Thrones is the best show that TV actually offers.

Yaspaa

[66]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 79
    Best show on TV, the only boring thing about it is the opening credits.

G3ckOz

[67]Jun 8, 2011

Yaspaa wrote:

ye i thought that as well at first, gave it a chance though and it take me back some, back when i was playing Lego. Also it can give you a wide view of the realm and who is where to better understand.

Shane747

[68]Jun 10, 2011
    • level: 6

I love the opening credits! The music is amazing.

The show just keeps getting better. The first few episodes are quite slow, but it later gets very good (starting around 5th episode I'd say.) Anyways, for now my predictions are that Robb will capture Jaime so that they can't kill Ned. The person who will die in the next two episodes will be Khal Drogo and perhaps Tywin (at least I hope so.)

G3ckOz

[69]Jun 10, 2011

Shane747 wrote:

The show just keeps getting better. The first few episodes are quite slow, but it later gets very good (starting around 5th episode I'd say.) Anyways, for now my predictions are that Robb will capture Jaime so that they can't kill Ned. The person who will die in the next two episodes will be Khal Drogo and perhaps Tywin (at least I hope so.)

Or if you really want major spoilers wikipedia's the answer, but perhaps this show will not be exactly like the books.

Benowar4ever

[70]Jun 10, 2011
    G3ckOz wrote:

Shane747 wrote:

Or if you really want major spoilers wikipedia's the answer, but perhaps this show will not be exactly like the books.

I like the opening and the music too. For the main storyline: that will be the same as in the books (see the interviews of the producers and the shown episodes). "Baelor" will then be a shocking episode for some viewers.

kotik112

[71]Jun 10, 2011
    I started reading the book after the 7th episode. I was amazed at how true to the book this series is. Out of the books that have been made into movies/series this has got to be the best one that captures the true essence of the characters and the story line. This does make me wonder if making books into movies might be the wrong move when they should be made into TV series instead. Harry Potter would have been a good one as a series since the movies skips and changes so much compared to the book. But overall Im loving the series.

Yaspaa

[73]Jun 13, 2011
    • level: 79
    G3ckOz wrote:

Yaspaa wrote:

ye i thought that as well at first, gave it a chance though and it take me back some, back when i was playing Lego. Also it can give you a wide view of the realm and who is where to better understand.

It's great once or twice, but by episode 5 I was spinning the credits on, It's not like I hate them or anything, I was just nit picking at a great show.

D-BorG

[74]Jun 13, 2011
    • level: 14
    Yaspaa wrote:
    G3ckOz wrote:

Yaspaa wrote:

It's great once or twice, but by episode 5 I was spinning the credits on, It's not like I hate them or anything, I was just nit picking at a great show.

Then u missed that the credits are changing from episode to episode.

Poppylulu

[75]Jun 13, 2011

I love it and will be very sorry when the season ends next week. I'm so glad that they have decided to do a second season

G3ckOz

[76]Jun 13, 2011

D-BorG wrote:
    Yaspaa wrote:
    G3ckOz wrote:

Yaspaa wrote:

Yap, watch episode 1 intro and episode 9, by the end notice the castle that raises in episode 1 intro, and just stays buried in episode 9 intro, i wonder what does that mean...

valenerramouspe

[77]Jun 13, 2011
    • level: 9
    Yeah the names also change. I think that characters that don't appear in the episode just don't show up in the credits

Natani

[78]Jun 14, 2011
    • level: 6

*spoilers*

Need to check that out, I admit I haven't paid much attention to the intro. I too am amazed how true the series is to the books. I'm reading and watching at the same time and some of the dialogues come straight from the book. (f.e. khaleesi trying to save drogo, though she seems weaker in the books) and the part where snow receives the sword from the night lord, also the first episode comes straight from the book (with minor adaptations) I think it's amazing that they remained so close to it and yet managed to pump it into the ten episodes. Though at the end where Ned dies and arya comes from the alley, right after she tries to trade the pigeon for bread, is quite different. though they pop to the teh story quickly after.

shirese75

[79]Jun 15, 2011

I think the show has only gotten better with the episodes and feel that it started pretty strong. I read the first book and the show still managed to keep me on the edge of my seat, even though I knew what was coming.

rayshell789

[80]Jun 15, 2011

G3ckOz wrote:

D-BorG wrote:
    Yaspaa wrote:
    G3ckOz wrote:

Yaspaa wrote:

Yap, watch episode 1 intro and episode 9, by the end notice the castle that raises in episode 1 intro, and just stays buried in episode 9 intro, i wonder what does that mean...

The castle that rises in Ep. 1 Intro is the castle from Pentos. The Intro changes from episode to episode depending on the houses and lands that are represented in that particular episode. The first episode is the only one that showed Pentos; after that they depict the Dothraki Sea and Vaes Dothrak in place of that. Another example isepisodes that have people from the House of Arryn will show the Eyrie rise in the Intro. If you notice in the last episode which introduced the Freys, they had the towers in the opening sequence (for the first time).