Game of Thrones Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOBetween Seasons

How are you liking Game of Thrones so far?

ionee24

[101]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 32

I'd say the show adavnces at great pace! The shadow man was Awesome, Renly's men already joined Stannis, Tyrion already found the wildfire, Brianne already pledge herself to Catlyn and, unless I'm mistaken, puberty has already hit Arya!

Edited on 04/30/2012 7:34am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nickylucas

[102]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 23

nahga1 wrote:

If there's only 10 eps they better pick up the pace. Even though they left some stuff out, it still seems to be dragging. There should be more fighting at least small scale skirmishes and confrontations, considering all thats supposed to be taking place. Robb's war, the brotherhood's hunt for 'The Mountain' and The Gold Cloaks "bastard quest". It seems they want to show Hot Pie and Arya's service under Tywin. Renly's banners will probably rejoin Stannis this eve.

I know it may seem that they are holding back on the action now, but I promise you that the end of the season will see some epic fight scenes. Particularly a huge battle that will go down in episode 9. If I hear correctly, episode 9 is pretty much one huge episode about a battle. It's gonna rock.

ionee24

[103]May 2, 2012
    Nickylucas wrote:

I know it may seem that they are holding back on the action now,

I don't see it: there has been enough battles, shadow men attacks and Harrenhal to make for a pretty intense season even before the Lannister vs Stark showdown.

Shane747

[104]May 3, 2012
    • level: 6

i've heard of the big battle at the end (and saw it in the trailers.) It seems like Stannis vs Lannisters but is there another battle with Rob and his army vs Lannisters? I'd like to see that instead of just skipping through the battle and seeing the aftermath (which has happened 3 times.)

I'd say season 2 is going slowly so far. I like the new characters though (though i expected Stannis to be more badass) , and it is better than the first half of the first season.

Nickylucas

[105]May 3, 2012

Shane747 wrote:

i've heard of the big battle at the end (and saw it in the trailers.) It seems like Stannis vs Lannisters but is there another battle with Rob and his army vs Lannisters? I'd like to see that instead of just skipping through the battle and seeing the aftermath (which has happened 3 times.)

I'd say season 2 is going slowly so far. I like the new characters though (though i expected Stannis to be more badass) , and it is better than the first half of the first season.

Battle spoiler ahead...

***SPOILER***

And yeah, season 2 has been pretty slow in the first half. The second book itself is very slow in the first half as well. I will say though that episode 4 and 5 had quite a few nice plot advances. The second half of the season should be very fast paced based on what they have yet to tell from the book.

Edited on 05/03/2012 6:18pm

ionee24

[106]May 3, 2012
    I would say the show has been a lot faster than the books. I mean, Gendry figured out Arya is a girl on the second episode when he spent more than half of a book thinking she was a boy.

Theon Gravejoy has already hit Winterfell when he should still be convincing his father he's trust worthy

And Maergery has some serious edge for what used to be a glorified pawn of her brother.

Even Dany has speed things up in Qarth

ellie-mae

[107]May 13, 2012
    • level: 2

I absolutely love this series, I hunger for more. Come Sunday night, nobody and I mean nobody can get my attention when Game of thrones is on.

This show is the only reason I have HBO.

MoRestrepo

[109]May 13, 2012
    • level: 4

Loved Season 1. Can't help but wonder if the twists I've seen from book 2 of A Song Of Ice and Fire so far deserve criticism or a good laugh. Although the good action so far has been replaced by drama and some gratuituous sex scenes, I guess all the blood thirsty people that have followed the script of season 2 so far will get their fix soon enough. Unless, that is, whoever are writting the scripts decide to turn the carnage into a drama filled soap instead.

ionee24

[110]May 14, 2012
    Seriously, there was a lot more sex in the books, a whole lot more than HBO's version so far.

Chaos-Melly

[111]May 20, 2012
    • level: 8

I am enjoying it definitely, I just can't help wishing quite regularly that I hadn't read all the books, my brain keeps prodding me going 'oh...so they're going to miss that whole part out then' which is quite distracting.

I don't want to be one of those 'but it's not identical to the books people' I completely understand that changes to the narrative are going to be necessary to make the series work in the new medium but I think we were spoiled by how close season 1 came to the book that it's taking some adjusting! Still loving the show!

Nickylucas

[112]May 20, 2012

If memory serves correctly, the last sex scene in this season was episode 2. Tonight airs episode 8. There has also been no (or very little) nudity for a few episodes as well. Sorry haters, you're gonna have to find something else to complain about.

qtwanderer

[113]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 27
    Glad, without the sex scenes (not saying they were unneeded) it seemed to have sped up. This season felt slow but now its seems to have been so short. Sunday is going to be a bittersweet day.

ionee24

[114]Jun 3, 2012
    Awesome season finale: The White Walker's horses were the scariest thing I've seen aside the White Walkers themselves.

Now Witer IS Coming!

qtwanderer

[115]Jun 4, 2012
    The scene with the white walkers was a real, oh-sh** moment. The next season opener is not going to fare well for the men of the watch but I am excited to see the carnage.

CjTl2005

[116]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 11

This episode had some "HOLY F*****!!!" moments for sure. There was one after another. I can't believe Winterfell is sacked -- utterly. The entire thing (outside of the prologue) started there. Now it's nothing but a burning waste -- with all of it's inhabitants slaughtered? That doesn't seem quite right -- but I'm also understanding that this story is bigger than Winterfell. It's bigger than Khal Drogo, Daenerys, Tywin, Tyrion, Robb, Ned, Joffrey, Cersei, or any of the characters individually. There is something much more fearsome at work. It looks like (and I realize there's a looooooong way to go) that Daenerys is going to be the best option to repel the Others, but her path may take her in a different direction. The scene in the House of the Undying, however far from the book, was still a compelling scene I'm sure there are more amazing visions expressed in the pages of the book, but the few we got to see here were breathtaking. Dany locking Daxos in his own vault was out cold. The others marching in force (with a touch of Nazgul) -- that was freaking unreal. The bar has been raised and I hope the show gets the budget to pull some of this stuff off.

** After I posted this, I realized that I forgot how awesome Jaqen H'ghar is (was?) and howintriguedI am by Arya's story. I also failed to mention how Peter Dinklage is still knocking the Tyrion Lannister role out of the freaking park.

Lastly, is it wrong to be head over heels for Ygritte?

Edited on 06/04/2012 4:46pm

qtwanderer

[117]Jun 4, 2012
    ^No, you just have to fight of Jon Snow for her

Tom Wlaschiha was an excellent Jaqen, point blank. I think they did kill everyone in Winterfell, I mean why burn down everything? And why was no one else on the road getting out of dodge? Only conclusion (and some presumptions from the book] is the people were put to the knife :\

ionee24

[118]Jun 4, 2012

CjTl2005 wrote:
    ** After I posted this, I realized that I forgot how awesome Jaqen H'ghar is (was?) and howintrigued I am by Arya's story. I also failed to mention how Peter Dinklage is still knocking the Tyrion Lannister role out of the freaking park.

Lastly, is it wrong to be head over heels for Ygritte?

Question is: Is it wrong to think Jaime is head over heels for Brienne.

And I totally agree Jaqen is simply The Best, A Man, The Man. I only hope he and Arya could see each other again.

qtwanderer

[119]Jun 4, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:
    Question is: Is it wrong to think Jaime is head over heels for Brienne.
    I thought so until I saw her, but I guess he likes the way she dances with a sword more than her looks

Milli

[120]Jun 5, 2012
    • level: 7

Game of Thrones may not be overly flashy but at least it keeps you entertained. With a very entertaining and thought compelling Harry's Law being cancelled for a mind numbingly stupid reason (because of the people/idiots/companies who have ads during its air time not liking the older audience of the show), it is nice to see that at least one of the shows I like isn't being cancelled.