Game of Thrones Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOBetween Seasons

Official Discussion S2E08 "The Prince of Winterfell"

No1Slayerette

[1]May 22, 2012
    • level: 9

Noticed thatno one had been posting these for a while, so I thought I'd start putting them up, if that's okay with everyone. Feel free to discuss the episode here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

No1Slayerette

[2]May 22, 2012

I know Theon's always been a bastard, but I can't help but feel sorry for him. The way Yara and his father treat him is horrible, and everything he does is for their respect. Will be interesting to see what happens when they discover he didn't really kill Bran and Rickon (did anyone actually think he had?), whether they'll be happy to have their leverage back, or fell betrayed.

Jon Snow pays dearly for being stupid, as he should. It will be interesting to see him meet Mance Rayder, but I can't help but feel that if this happens before the end of the season that it will take away from the amazing scenes back at King's Landing. But then again, Jon's storyline has been doing that all season...

Not that I have a problem with romance per se, but I'm just not at all interested in Robb and Talisa's growing relationship, I think a show like Game of Thrones as more important things to dwell on. And Catelyn's an idiot.

I know we're all supposed to hate the Lannisters, but their so sarcastic and malevolent that I can't help but enjoy them. Loved Jamie's talk with Brienne, and Cersei was as awesome as ever threatening Tyrion.

Arya so shouldn't of wasted those two names in the previous episodes, but what can you do? It got her free however, although now we don't get to see Jaqen hunt down someone cool like Tywin.

Poor Tyrion, the most awesome character of the show stuck with a ignorant and self-obsessed family in Cersei and Joffrey, who are going a get him killed. A dwarf cannot fight a war by himself people! Loved all the Varys in this episode.

ionee24

[3]May 23, 2012
    • level: 32

No1Slayerette wrote:

Noticed thatno one had been posting these for a while, so I thought I'd start putting them up, if that's okay with everyone. Feel free to discuss the episode here.

I guess its because most of us would rather comment the episodes on the photo recaps

http://www.tv.com/news/game-of-thrones-pre-war-jitters-28734/

Even despite the "spoilers"that have nothing to do with the show)

Edited on 05/23/2012 9:27am
    Edited 2 total times.

ionee24

[4]May 23, 2012

No1Slayerette wrote:
    Arya so shouldn't of wasted those two names in the previous episodes...

I wouldn't call them waste cosidering she killed the guy who finished Yoren and the torturer who almost finished Gendry. Plus, it's been a terrific dynamic with A Man so far, not to mention a great insight on Tywin Lannister.

I do like the third name better than most, but that's only because it put Jaqen between a rock and a hard place, which is exactly where Arya wanted him to be.

And I still believe Gendry is a bit jealous of the assassin: up until Arya confessed he was helping her, he had no idea they have been in contact behind his back and I don't think he likes it one bit.

Edited on 05/23/2012 9:29am

No1Slayerette

[5]May 25, 2012

ionee24 wrote:

No1Slayerette wrote:

I guess its because most of us would rather comment the episodes on the photo recaps

Yeah, I did figure that, I just prefer discussing the show on the forums more so than there because here a bit more of a discussion can develop, whereas on the photo recaps people just say their bit and leave it at that. Oh well.

ionee24

[6]May 26, 2012

No1Slayerette wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

Yeah, I did figure that, I just prefer discussing the show on the forums more so than there because here a bit more of a discussion can develop, whereas on the photo recaps people just say their bit and leave it at that. Oh well.

I'm just saying, the board can't hold 160 to 183 comments at a time the way the http://www.tv.com/news/game-of-thrones-pre-war-jitters-28734/photo recaps seem todo.

No1Slayerette

[7]May 27, 2012

Fair enough, I'll have to give it a go there then this week Laughing