Game of Thrones Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOIn Season

Season 2 so far has been incredibly boring

HuyChau

[1]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 1

I don't think this show is gonna last at this rate.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nickylucas

[2]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 23

I'm going to assume you haven't read the books.

So here's my advice. Stick with it until the end of season 2. I know it may be hard to watch 7 more hours of a show you are (starting) to dislike, but the second book does pick up towards the second half. IMO, book 1 is better because it was faster paced and more interesting, and I thought the first half of book 2 was also boring the first time I read it.

But I promise you, next week things should start to heat up.

ButterMeUp44

[3]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 2

This show has an incredible fan base. It's also very good. Give it a chance.

DasVON

[4]Apr 22, 2012

ButterMeUp44 wrote:

This show has an incredible fan base. It's also very good. Give it a chance.

Agreed

ChipsTheButler

[5]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 9
    The story lines of the second book all build up to something magnificent. Stick with it and you'll be rewarded.

ekotan

[6]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 5

You would not be making that assumption if you had read the books. This is an epic saga that spans several thousand pages. You cannot judge whether it's boring or not by the handful of episodes we have seen so far in season two. Things will get a lot more exciting quite soon.

qtwanderer

[7]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 27
    I have read the books and I think this is boring only because of the unecessary sex scenes that are really uneeded, the introduction of a number of characters and then not focusing enough on them are all causing a bit of some fans that haven't read the books to think the show is becoming hard to keep up with. I do think it will pickup and come together again midseason but for now all I can do is wait and watch.

JolarEQ

[8]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 3

qtwanderer wrote:
    I have read the books and I think this is boring only because of the unecessary sex scenes that are really uneeded, the introduction of a number of characters and then not focusing enough on them are all causing a bit of some fans that haven't read the books to think the show is becoming hard to keep up with. I do think it will pickup and come together again midseason but for now all I can do is wait and watch.

"Unnecessary" and "sex scenes" can't exist in the same sentence, unless they are preceded with "There are no such things as".

Seriously though, I don't see anything boring about this season so far. Don't people realize that there is something called back-story, and something else called build-up? And shows like this have loads of characters, that just pop in and out of the story. Since this is based on books, it's gonna be a bit more, considering it's a lot easier to do in books than on screen, but still, there it is.

Just imagine if the Wheel of Time books were made into a show like this! People would lose their minds with the amount of characters and twisty plots!

Nakama

[9]Apr 28, 2012

qtwanderer wrote:

I agree with the unecessary added sex scenes. The sex scenes at Petyr's brothel is the most unnecessary! I think we all know what happens at a brothel so no need to show it over & over again. Thus taking focus away from more important story line. I have stated before that GoT has so many stories to tell that the extra sex scenes do not need to be included. If GoT had more than 10 episodes per season, then by all means, add all the fanfares!

nahga1

[11]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 8

Theyre just laying the foundation work relevant to the rest of the season. they map out each episode's scenes as preludes to that which is still to come. they cut anything unnecessary. so much stuff from the books wasnt shown because it wasnt relevant. There is a lot more of GOT to come, probably 4 to 7 seasons worth of shows. I already know what's gonna happen but I don't find it boring. I know it sucks that there is war being fought on a massive scale and you havent seen a single battle scene but you will. there are LOTR style battles ahead, some 20 more characters to introduce, plus the unsullied, the others, the wights, mance reader, coldhands, jaken ha'gar, there is a lot more adventure in store for jaime, brienne, a soon to arrive surprise for renly, the re-emergence of nymeria, and man , you have no idea how in deep the story goes, unless you've read the books. it unfolds and unfurls and unwinds and rewinds, and winds up with you understanding that GOT is not just a show or book series, its a whole nother existence, complete with its own unique languages, religions, and everything you'd expect from another dimension of medieval reality.

qtwanderer

[12]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 27
    Tonight's episode was excellent, no needless sex scenes, major plot development and good story-pacing. We saw most of everyone this episode as well. The episode was going so well it felt like the pacing was on par with the first season. Saw this coming but I expected it later than sooner but glad either ways.

sibowittz

[13]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 17
    Are we watching the same show? Nothing about this show, especially this season is boring.

hnemnem

[14]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 1

i agree actually, ill say only the last two episodes were good to watch .. i understand they have to build up based on the book, but they dont have to build up in a complete season for 1 or 2 good episodes .. the season was boring compared to season 1, n its not just me saying.. alot of people i know say the same ... at least if the season was 15-20 ep. it would be fine ... but this season was boring n nothing major happened except at the end.

i hope season 3 every episode something will happen, or at least some suspense ... not just talking n talking for nothing, we need more action

CjTl2005

[15]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 11
    The payoff was more than worth it. Blackwater and Valar Morghullis back to back? The stage was beautifully set and then completely re-arranged for the next season.

Yaspaa

[16]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 78
    The season has been beyond awesome. Boring? What on earth have you been watching?

Nickylucas

[17]Jun 6, 2012
    • level: 23

nahga1 wrote:

so much stuff from the books wasnt shown because it wasnt relevant

Okay, you lost all credibility when you said that. EVERYTHING they took out of the book was relevant. What was irrelevant was the missing dragon BS and the Jon Snow captured BS. And the Arya + Tywin BS. And the Arya killing The Ticker two seasons early BS.

If they had kept those storylines out and instead kept classic scenes from the book such as Weasel Soup. Arya killing guard in escape, Reek betraying Theon, season 2 may feel like a better show.

drlowdon

[18]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 8

The show has a huge fan base for a cable show so there is no worry of lasting. I also disagree that season 2 was boring in any way. Most episodes may not have had much in the way of action but the script is so well written that it doesn't really matter.

Yaspaa

[19]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 78
    Action means interesting to some people.

ChipsTheButler

[20]Jul 21, 2012
    • level: 9
    Judging by the fact you have the lamest signature in the history of the internet, when you write 'some people', you must mean 'I'.