Game of Thrones Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOIn Season

Season 3+

ionee24

[21]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 32
    I'm sure it's going to be a season 4.

All I'm worried about is that the Show reaches the end game faster than the source material
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nickylucas

[22]May 28, 2012
    • level: 23

ionee24 wrote:
    RitariKnight wrote:

ionee24 wrote:
    I think the first three books are a complete chapter in itself, if it doesn't get a 4th season we still have closure anyway.

Season 3 will not encompass the third novel in its entirety, so ending the show after that season would leave the story hanging.

I don't see how that would leave the story hanging, all they need to do is to continue with the characters we already know and avoid the introduction of any game changer (there are many on book 3). If they show is renewed, then all they need is to continue the third novel with the bits they left out on season 3.

The thing about book 3 (which I have just finished) is that it's kind of broken into two halves. There is a gamechanger or a climax for almost every character in the middle of book 3, making it so that season 3 and 4 will feel very different from each other despite being a part of the same book. A gigantic game changer with the initials of RW (seriously don't look this up or you will be very spoiled) takes place at the midpoint. Book readers know what RW is. It's a HUGE game changer. And it's where Season 3 will probably end. All the other characters reach a climax in the mid-point too, specifically a certain few characters in the Riverlands and on the wall.

Season 4 will cover less material, but in terms of important events and pacinglot more happens in the second half than the first. So it's going to be a pretty packedtwo seasons. I think it will work out perfectly.

Shane747

[23]May 28, 2012
    • level: 6

I just recently read books 3 and 4. Parts of them at least.

3 should be divided into two seasons. Season 3 ending with the you-know-what scene in episode 9. Season 4 ending will be the ending(s) of Storm of Swords (which would be epic to watch.)

Book 4 is not really adaptable to the TV show. I guess they will alter the story by book 4 so no point in making any assumptions.

ChipsTheButler

[24]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 9
    Book 3 will be two seasons, this is known.

For books 4 and 5... I'd say they will blend them and make the stories chronological rather than location based, which is how those are broken up. A silly move IMO.

ionee24

[25]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 32
    I'd say: lets wait until there is a 4th season to worry about then.