Game of Thrones Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOBetween Seasons

Snow: I have a theory about his mother

agibaer

[22]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 6

Mod edit: Once again this is not the thread to discuss theories based on the books. Use the spoiler thread for that.

Edited on 01/30/2012 7:55am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ChipsTheButler

[23]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 9
    Are you people seriously questioning whether Jon is Ned's son?

von_scott

[24]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 3

Yes, of course they are. Do you really think a man as honourable as Ned Stark would have fathered a bastard?

(Mod: Removed the rest of the message because it included information only available in the books. Use the spoiler thread to talk about book information relevant to the show that has not been revealed in the show already.)

Edited on 04/07/2012 1:12am

ionee24

[25]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 32

arwenaessedai wrote:
    So I have a theory about Jon Snow.

Eddard seems way too honorable to have strayed and produced a son. What if Jon were the son of his sister? His sister and the king.

I have read that same theory on so many sites now the "reveal" wouldn't even be shocking anymore.

Now, killing John off right before this is over, that would be shocking IMO!

Edited on 04/06/2012 3:34pm

ChipsTheButler

[26]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 9
    OK.

Firstly, the quote you people are misquoting is actually "you still have my blood."

Secondly, the booklet for the first season has John Snow as his son in the family tree.

JeanClaudeBi

[27]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 4

Just a thought here. If Jon wasn't Ned's bastard, and if Jon was in fact Ned's sister's with another man, and if Jon was the son of Raegar (bastard or no, and please note there are 3 "ifs"), wouldn't he be a dragon like Dany, and wouldn't he not have gotten burnt by that candle-light? Just a thought

Pahana

[28]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 7
    Not necessarily. Dany's brother was full blooded Targaryen, but he could still be burnt.

However, being the son of Raegar would give him a claim to the throne and maybe even as Dany's husband.

Pahana

[29]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 7
    ChipsTheButler wrote:
    OK.

Firstly, the quote you people are misquoting is actually "you still have my blood."

Secondly, the booklet for the first season has John Snow as his son in the family tree.

That doesn't change it. Ned's sister also had Ned's blood. Any children she might have produced would likewise have Ned's blood.

And Ned always claimed Jon as his own, so naturally Jon would be included on his family tree even if Ned is lying to either protect Jon or maybe even himself.

ionee24

[30]Apr 19, 2012
    Pahana wrote:
    Not necessarily. Dany's brother was full blooded Targaryen, but he could still be burnt.

However, being the son of Raegar would give him a claim to the throne and maybe even as Dany's husband.

I don't think John needs to have the dragon's blood to marry Daenerys and, whoever her husband is, she will be Queen regardless because she has a legitimate claim to the throne.

bluefish

[34]Jul 8, 2012
    • level: 1

If Jon does turn out to be Rhaegar's son then that means he is entitled to the throne not Dany because the targaryen' s didn't consider any of their blood as badsters. Also its been mentioned that it doesn't matter that Jon took the black because aemon was still entitled to the throne even though he was a member of the citadel and black brothers.

While Jon and Dany don't have to be related to get married and it would be better because it wouldn't be incest. I can't see Martin marry the two unless they are related.

ionee24

[35]Jul 16, 2012
    I don't see Jon as King material. He's at the best an action hero, the Night's Watch natural leader, probably the rightful Queen husband/Hand. The one thing he's not is King material.

bluefish

[37]Nov 1, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:
    I don't see Jon as King material. He's at the best an action hero, the Night's Watch natural leader, probably the rightful Queen husband/Hand. The one thing he's not is King material.

I take it you haven't red the books.

bluefish

[38]Nov 1, 2012

JeanClaudeBi wrote:

Just a thought here. If Jon wasn't Ned's bastard, and if Jon was in fact Ned's sister's with another man, and if Jon was the son of Raegar (bastard or no, and please note there are 3 "ifs"), wouldn't he be a dragon like Dany, and wouldn't he not have gotten burnt by that candle-light? Just a thought

Not necessarly because Viserys was a targaryen and we never heard about him being resistant to fire and the way he dies indicates he wasn't. Also there is nothing to indicate that Dany's father and brother (Rhygar) were resistant to fire. Also Jon would theoretically only be half targaryen. Dany's ability could be because she is special or because it is a learned ability like the stark children have with the wolf and dreams.

ionee24

[39]Dec 27, 2012
    bluefish wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

I take it you haven't red the books.

Oh, I read them all just for the pleasure to tell people I can't be spoiled.

I still don't see Jon as King material though. Stannis, Daenerys, Tyrion Lannister maybe, but not Jon.