Game of Thrones Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on HBOIn Season

So wait, how did the Hound notice where Littlefinger and Tywin didn't?

Dirk13

[1]Jun 10, 2013
    • level: 16

Littlefinger and Tywin are both pretty observant people all in all. How is it neither of them recognized Arya stark, but the Hound could do it with a sideways glance?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

qtwanderer

[2]Jun 11, 2013
    • level: 27
    Dirk13 wrote:

Littlefinger and Tywin are both pretty observant people all in all. How is it neither of them recognized Arya stark, but the Hound could do it with a sideways glance?

Not sure when Littlefinger saw her this season or in season 2 but Tywin never met her beforehand so he wouldn't know how she looked like.

ionee24

[3]Jun 11, 2013
    • level: 32

Dirk13 wrote:

Because they are high borns/aspirigng high borns: they don't pay attention to low borns girl like Arya was posing as.

The Hound, on the other hand, is the closest thing Westeros has to a cop: he'll find a person no matter where/how she's hiding. And that includes Arya.

Edited on 06/11/2013 11:06am

Dirk13

[4]Jun 11, 2013
    • level: 16
    qtwanderer wrote:
    Dirk13 wrote:

Not sure when Littlefinger saw her this season or in season 2 but Tywin never met her beforehand so he wouldn't know how she looked like.

Remember in Season 2 when Littlefinger went to pay a visit to Harren Hall when Arya was Tywinds handmaiden of sorts? There was a terse scene where she walked by Littlefinger (while trying to hide because she figured he may recognize her...and he almost did!) in much the same way she did the Hound, in fact, Littlefinger probably got a lot better of a look at her (and yes was suspicious even).

As for Tywin never meeting her, I still think he largely knows what the Stark girls look like one way or another. He's a smart guy it probably behooves him to know what certain noteable figures look like, especially considering one of them is sort of being held hostage by his family and the other they were pretending to hold hostage when in fact she was serving him dinner at his command post...

angrodpallanen

[5]Sep 5, 2013
    • level: 22

Dirk13 wrote:

In a Season 3 episode Littlefinger clearly says to Sansa that he saw Arya and that she's doing fine. Littlefinger is cunning enough to not shout out "Arya Stark!" when surrounded by Lannisters. So it's confirmed he definitely recognized her.

As for Tywin, none of my friends back me on this, but I'm 100% convinced he recognized her as well. Even if it's practically imposisble for him to recognize her by her looks, he did state he knew she was of highborn society. Her commodities revealed her as such. There are also a lot of lingering looks when Arya leaves the room after talking to Tywin. It's obvious he was fond of her in their short time together. I haven't read the books but I'm convinced he figured out who she was (how many high born girls were exactly missing in Westeros?) he also left her consciously. I'm sure in Season 6 or something they meet again and it will turn out to be Tywin's fatal mistake, but as of now I'm sure he recognized Arya Stark in front of him.

Edited on 09/05/2013 7:11am