Game of Thrones

The Kingsroad

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 24, 2011 on HBO

• Tested, the characters reveal themselves.

This episode was mainly about finding out what characters would do when tested. Daenerys tried to make the best of her situation--I was literally cheering her on, and happy that she wasn't assigning herself to sulking and slavery. Arya showed herself a wild child and a good friend. Joffrey showed himself as a despicable, cruel, smirking, powerful coward.

Also, the dire wolves were quite important in this episode. It was hard to see Miria run and Lady die after seeing Bronn's defend him so. That part was great.

I was upset at Lady Stark for her harshness and her weakness, but I think she's regaining her strength. I have a feeling she is going to die, though, and there's about a 50% chance (or more) for any character to die, so I'm feeling pretty confident.

I love Arya, and I like Daenerys. When she smiled, I was very happy. Her husband has become her lover (I'm hoping for more "lessons" too, but I don't think that's going to happen), maybe they can establish some sort of respect, some sort of friendship?... One must hope.

Eddard Stark once again proves himself the realistic, honorable man of the kingdom, too good to live, I'm sure.