Game of Thrones

Valar Morghulis

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 03, 2012 on HBO

• 10 episodes simply isn't enough.

Heh, do you remember when baby Dragons were our biggest WTF moment on this show? Or that one time when a red-head gave birth to a shadow demon thingy? I really shouldn't be shocked at this stage in the game, however, having not read the books, when a weird-ass snow creature that looks like Gandalf on his worst day, pretty much ever, leads a horde of zombies to battle, it sort of it gives moment for pause.

I mean, considering how swiftly characters move around on this show, the white walkers should be at King's Landing before you can spit. And given that this show looks absolutely stunning at any given moment, I'm all kinds of super excited for season three. I'm not sure how these undead, abominable snowmen will wager against Dany and her super cute, but totally willing to burn you alive, (sort of) offspring, but that fact that it's a likely showdown is just all kinds of geeky fun.

Outside of all of the crazy, we still had - NO, WAIT! And then there was what's-his-face! Who could change his facial form. I mean, what? And he has a magical coin! I can sort of see why season 1 was so tame, until the very last episode. Cos if they had waved magical coins, fire gods and frost giants at casual, non-genre folk, I doubt they'd have nabbed as many viewers.

But we're literally in it too deep now. So they could throw leprechauns and sock monsters our way all they want. (Actually, no leprechauns.)

As for the rest of the episode, it was packed with events that will make all of the human drama just as compelling as the supernatural stuff next year. But, then again, who am I kidding? Cos them dragons be badass.

Although, I have to admit, that there weren't as many emotional hooks for a finale. (Or maybe I'm just cold-hearted.) Tyrion's teary back and forth with his misses was touching, and I absolutely LOVED seeing Drogo again (and that stunning image of Dany walking through a decimated King's Landing), and I felt pretty terrible for Sansa's new role next season, but this finale lacked a certain emotional edge. But then maybe I'm full of shit? Maester Luwin bit the dust, taking a spear to the gut (suck it, Oblivion!) and Brienne's scene s were just all kinds of awesome. And the very hint of Arya becoming even more of a badass is just too good.

I think I'm just a little fuzzy on the details of this episode cosI just saw frosty the effin' snowman ride a zombie-horse like nobodies business.

Until next season!