Game of Thrones

Winter Is Coming

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 17, 2011 on HBO

• Everything about this is perfect!

This first episode is already an indication that this is going to be one of the best, if not the best TV series ever made. Everything about this introduction is perfect, you know that you are watching awesome TV from the second it starts. Virtually the only issue you could have with it would be that you didn't get along with all the characters very well. I felt that a bit too, but director Timothy Van Patten (Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, The Wire, Rome) and episode writers David Benioff and . Weiss made it as understandable as possible without explaining too much.

The visuals are one of the best I've seen ever, not just in TV shows, but really ever. This fantasy world is even better than the one Peter Jackson created in The Lord of the Rings trilogy and is just magnificient to watch. The cinematography, the editing, the score, the sound, the costumes, the production design - everything is absolutely perfect, I can't find any flaws at all!

The plot is mostly not that big as you may have expected from a TV show with a budget like this, but you really get to know the characters and the current situation. Not one scene is unimportant, I was utterly entertained all the time and after I finished it, I instantly wanted to see it again!

I love this episode and I'm so excited to see what's next because it's also told so interestingly and leaves with a sort of cliffhanger that was really unexpected, but totally great. This is a consummate show!