Gameshow Marathon Forums

CBS (ended 2006)

It's supposed to be "Hole in One. . . . OR TWO"!!

San7799

[1]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 5

I was totally expecting a second chance on TPIR putting game.  Bob always gives a 2nd chance!! When the contestant misses the putt, as they often do, Bob walks over to the "Hole in One" sign and --as he hits the hidden sign-altering button with much theatricality- he reveals that the game is actually Hole in One....OR TWO!!! Even though anyone who's ever watched TPIR knows this already, they make a big fat deal of their merciful benevolence every time.

So is Rikki Lake some kind of hardarse or what?? WHY oh why did they nix the do-over putt??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

furiousfunk

[2]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 13
    The price match game that the Playboy/Baywatch girl did is a 2 parter as well. I think they cut them in half to save time. And what was up with clueless Kathy Najimi, 81K? Now there is someone out of touch.

actorboy89119

[3]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 9
    San7799 wrote:

I was totally expecting a second chance on TPIR putting game.  Bob always gives a 2nd chance!! When the contestant misses the putt, as they often do, Bob walks over to the "Hole in One" sign and --as he hits the hidden sign-altering button with much theatricality- he reveals that the game is actually Hole in One....OR TWO!!! Even though anyone who's ever watched TPIR knows this already, they make a big fat deal of their merciful benevolence every time.

So is Rikki Lake some kind of hardarse or what?? WHY oh why did they nix the do-over putt??

My freind Megan and I were thinking the exact same thing!!

darkknightdetec

[4]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 3
    I noticed this too.  What's up with that?!?!  They had more than enough time!

TVfan111

[5]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 7
    I know!!  I was waiting for the signed to be flipped and it didn't!! I don't know why they wouldn't give her a second chance but I guess they were just saving time and she probably wouldn't have made it in the second time anyway.  I was a little disappointed how the whole show was not the same as it is on the regular Price is Right, but it was mostly OK even with the changes.

bill_murdock

[6]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 9
    Let's blame it of RL! Ity is her fault anyway! She's no Bob Barker!

San7799

[7]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 5
    Other than giving only 1 chance on the putting game, I really dug the show.  It was amusing watching celebs play TPIR  because ---as I suspected--- they have no clue what anything costs (the grocery items in particular).  I found Riki Lake to be surprisingly tolerable...it was Paige Davis that was a smidge too perky for me to bear.  Ok, actually, WAAAY too perky.

lazerace

[8]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 12

Way back when Hole in One premiered it was just that...Hole in One. It wasn't until several years later they first surprised us with Hole in Two, which is was a surprise at first.

Anybody else notice that Adam Corolla looked POed when the camera panned him, then when they called Leslie Neilsen he got up and left the audience?

mstrgmr

[9]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 41
    I did, that was funny

TriviaDude

[10]Jun 3, 2006
    • level: 25
    actorboy89119 wrote:
    San7799 wrote:

My freind Megan and I were thinking the exact same thing!!

Ditto!

crazy8_2001

[11]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 1

San7799 wrote:

I was totally expecting a second chance on TPIR putting game. Bob always gives a 2nd chance!! When the contestant misses the putt, as they often do, Bob walks over to the "Hole in One" sign and --as he hits the hidden sign-altering button with much theatricality- he reveals that the game is actually Hole in One....OR TWO!!! Even though anyone who's ever watched TPIR knows this already, they make a big fat deal of their merciful benevolence every time.

I read somewhere that they did infact have both putts and both were missed so to save time, they just aired the first.

staridol822

[12]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 6
    crazy8_2001 wrote:
    San7799 wrote:

I was totally expecting a second chance on TPIR putting game. Bob always gives a 2nd chance!! When the contestant misses the putt, as they often do, Bob walks over to the "Hole in One" sign and --as he hits the hidden sign-altering button with much theatricality- he reveals that the game is actually Hole in One....OR TWO!!! Even though anyone who's ever watched TPIR knows this already, they make a big fat deal of their merciful benevolence every time.

I read somewhere that they did infact have both putts and both were missed so to save time, they just aired the first.

That's right. From what I know, they did have both putts but only showed the one. However, Kathy missed on the second putt as well

agent_0042

[13]Jun 30, 2006
    • level: 66
    Ah, so that's the deal with it. I figured maybe they had just decided to go with the old-style rules, as mentioned in an earlier post.

markdoublea84

[14]Jan 18, 2013
    • level: 57
    agent_0042 wrote:
    Ah, so that's the deal with it. I figured maybe they had just decided to go with the old-style rules, as mentioned in an earlier post.

Yeah, I guess the staff of GSM wanted to focus more on the original years of all those game shows. Quite a heartbreaker to miss out on a $77,000+ automobile.