Gameshow Marathon

Match Game

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jun 22, 2006 on CBS

• It's Match Game - how can it be bad? Not as good as the original, but still an entertaining episode.

First of all I have to say that Match Game is my favorite gameshow ever. So when I heard that there was going to be a new "Match Game" episode in this series, I was really excited. I was especially glad to hear that Betty White would be one of the panelists. I guess I wasn't expecting this new episode to be as good as the originals, but I wasn't disappointed with what I saw either.

Ricki Lake didn't really fill Gene Rayburn's shoes at all, and she kept repeating every freaking question over and over, which was really annoying. Also that one panelist, Adrienne I think, was really lame and kept having stupid answers. Kathy was pretty funny for the most part, George was pretty quiet, Betty was quite awesome, and that other guy was sort of annoying and weird. But still - it was Match Game so I was content.

Lance's first two answers were really stupid, and so was Kathy's first answer. They seemed sort of clueless, but then Kathy did well at the end. But blank-Kong?? Come on, who would guess anything other than King. So easy. I was sort of surprised at some of Betty's answers, but I guess she's old so she's more fit for the old Match Game. I was really glad when Kathy chose her twice for the Super round or whatever, and I thought Betty's #1 answer of Purple Rain was excellent - Betty deserves to have a #1 answer, I loved it.

I wonder why Brett, Richard, and Charles didn't want to come back with Betty...but oh well I was glad at least someone from the original show came back. Although this new version had some weird pop culture questions and some more vulgar answers it was still nice to see the game in action once again in a somewhat altered form.
  • Not my favorite but still exciting,

Gameshow Marathon,
    In this episode Lance and Kathy face off. Head to head. Tonights gameshow is Match Game. To date not one of my favorite gameshows but still fun to watch. I found Kathy Griffin not at her best. I found Betty beyond funny. In the end Kathy defeats Lance and goes on to play Family Fued.