A Gang Related Community
FOX (ended 2014)

Gang Related has officially joined the ranks of one-and-done TV shows.

Fox has canceled the freshman drama about a Los Angeles Police Department task force taking—and in some cases, helping—the city's gangs, Deadline reports.

The series, which starred Ramon Rodriquez, Jay Hernandez, Terry O'Quinn, and the RZA, debuted in May to tepid numbers, drawing only 2.9 million viewers and a 0.9 rating in the 18-to-49 demographic. Over the course of its 13 episodes, the show averaged 2.5 million viewers.

According to Deadline, Fox considered bringing Gang Related back for a second season, but ultimately decided it was too heavily serialized for a summer run.

Will you miss Gang Related?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/14/2014

Season 1 : Episode 13

52 Comments
Comments (52)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
what I don't understand is how the networks can make a decision on whether a show lives or dies after only 4 eps, surely they must realise that a story doesn't start getting good till at least 6. just once I would like to see the networks give some thinking to what they are doing, may be if they read the comments of the fans just once a week, they actually find out we like and don't like then may be they won't time, money and resources producing shows they have to can after 4 eps, surely what we think and watch keep them in business specially given what is currently airing. if it doesn't work fix it, change things around don't can it because its easier
Flag
I would absolutely watch the 2 season, 3 mil viewer is not enough??? How many do they need , a 100 mil. Awesome show!!!! Yes, what's wrong with FOX????
Flag
I will miss this show! Would be nice if Nextflix would pick it up and bring it back for season 2. What is with you FOX?! You just keep canceling great shows.
Flag
This was Freakng dumb on Fox! Yet his was an incrediBle series! I think the writers get a brain fart,and that's why it gets cancelled.. Ridiculous.
Flag
fox is dumb this was a good show
Flag
fox keeps cancelling great shows we should all have a voting choice here as a viewer or at least fox show sell this shows to Amazon or netflix im sure this shows would have better rating and more viewers just because of the flexibility of watching a show at your own time. well farewell GANG RELATED ANOTHER GOOD SHOW DOWN THE DRAIN.
Flag
Well, that just sucks. I loved that show!
Flag
NOOOOO.....Not Gang Related! I love that show...
Flag
GANG RELATED/////ARE YOU FOR REAL?????????????????????????????????
Flag
Why start a series when you going to cancel it
Flag
Why The hell they canceled my favorite show, I want Los Anhelicos dead.
Flag
What a shame... Far better show that Under the Dome, and that one in in its second season...
Flag
Dang this was a good show! I didn't expect much, but it surprised me. Stupid Fox.
Flag
Anything with RZA in it should have never made it to TV in the first place.
Flag
:) thats a damn shame, but its 100% accurate.
Flag
Didn't even watch it, saw the promo and cast and just thought this aint going to last!! Glad I didn't waste my time.
Flag

then Adedayoadelakun............ why did you bother to waste your time to post anything in the first place. You're an idiot.
Flag
Wow really an 'idiot'. You do know my comment had nothing to do with you? I don't know you i gave an opinion on a post and I didn't insult anyone and yet you felt the urge to post a comment like that on my opinion. Clearly out of the 2 of us, the idiot is quite obvious for everyone to see. I reckon you IQ has got to be less than 70 for you to type that on a post of someone you don't know!!! What a muppet.
Flag
it got really really good during the last 7 episodes. If you have time, I would highly recommend it.
Flag
Really, fair enough mate thanks for the advice, might check it out then.
Flag
seven really good episodes couldnt save it?
Flag
well I guess not. A lot of people may have just tuned out before it got truly epic. I'm not exaggerating. This show got truly compelling towards the end.
Flag
Its seems like The Event suffered a similar phenom.
Flag
FOX is becoming as bad as NBC about cancelling shows. Beware of NBC and Fox when watching new shows.

Gang Related got so much better towards the end and deserved a second season. I enjoyed it.
Flag
And what, ABC and CBS aren't swift to cancel something if it underperforms or is slow to gain momentum?

All four big networks are equally quick to cancel a series if it doesn't perform up to expectations. I don't get why anyone thinks any one or two networks are worse than the others.
Flag
I do not have the stats but I am quite sure if you total the number of new shows and the cancellation after that, NBC would have the most. That is also why NBC have the most new shows this fall. I am not very sure about Fox but it is certainly following the trend. I think HBO and AMC might have the least number of cancelled shows.
Flag
It's all about the bottom line. If the show is too expensive to produce, the actors are paid too much.....and they cant squeeze the sponsors for more $$$........they go back to the one room sitcoms with nobody as actors and stupid, moronic scripting.
Flag
It sucked from episode one! Those Mexican accents killed me. Tag line should have been "When your up against LA's worst gangs you need a secret weapon. Cops who are even worse!" But it got so ridiculous that it almost got good ridiculous, like '24'. I'd have ironically watched season 2.
Flag
Was an OK show, the 2nd half really picked up.
Thought it should have been on FX so it can be grittier, which was lacking.
If they can give "The Killing" more airtime after that first season, "Gang Related" deserved at least a second season.

Flag
Shows about narcs and special task forces have to be gritty or they'll suck. The Shield and Southland were really gritty. Most cop shows arent. I think thats why the good ones really stand out.
Flag
TRUE...which is why I LOVE LOVE LOOOVE The Shield and Southland.
Flag
Shame. the show did improved a lot and deserved a second season. This show might do wonders in a premium channel, attention HBO, etc.
Flag
I actually enjoyed it. Didn't expect much after the pilot, but it got better and had me entertained! (My standards for summer shows are always a little lower though)
Flag
Yet another Wu-tang failure. Thats what I expected, which is why I didnt watch a single episode of Gang related. Rza is a terrible actor. No respect for the art.
Flag
Damn shame. It built up slowly with an Infernal Affairs/The Departed back story, but really picked up pace in the second half of the season and consequently got better. There were a few loose threads suspended along with the cliffhanger, and I was wondering how they were going to continue the storyline in the second season, but I guess we'll never know now.
Flag
SHOCKER, Didn't see that coming halfway through the 1st episode. Wait, yes I did. The curse of Terry O'Quinn strikes again.
Flag
damn ….
Flag
The annoying girl got killed tho... It could have only gotten better.
Flag
The second half of the season was some really good network television. And Honestly I'm ok with it ending after one season, it ended really strong and I enjoyed it's run.
Flag
Not a huge loss, was distinctly average, RZA is a terrible actor and should never work again, Terry O'Quinn is an excellent actor and deserves to be on something much better.
Flag
took the words right outta my mouth.
Flag
didnt care for it anyways
Flag
Damnit!!! Once again! Why do I bother getting into a show! It would be nice if someone picked this up and spiced it up to make it more "Shield"-like though. The main thing I didn't like about this show was that it was too tame for the subject matter. It should have been on FX or a cable network, not somewhere that was susceptible to censors, so alot less sex and violence than shows like Sons Of Anarchy, Ray Donovan etc...
Flag
When does it premiere?
Flag
I watched the pilot and then decided to see if it would get canceled before I finished watching the season. Good thing I stopped.
Flag
And the butchering of new television shows continue.

Flag
I liked it. But I am sick of one season cancels :(
Flag
If only Fox realized that the biggest reason I never even gave it a chance and started watching was because it was on FOX, They have such a horrible reputation for cancelling shows after one season or less. Seemed like a decent enough cast and on a different network I might have given it a chance; but I figured it wouldn't last more than one season on Fox.

Then again, maybe it wasn't a very good show. *shrugs* Guess I'll never know...
Flag
Meh. Bunch of pretty people trying to play tough cops. Tried to be the Shield by putting in some of its cast members but no Chiklis or Goggins types and to me that made it not believable.
Flag
that sucks
Flag
Well, 'can't say I didn't see it coming.

Great cast playing in a just OK story... too bad.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members