Gargoyles Forums

ABC Family (ended 1996)

Who's better for Goliath?

Who's better for Goliath?

Loralee_jk

[1]May 19, 2007
    • level: 38
    Who do u think is better for Goliath? and why?
    Edited on 05/19/2007 2:29pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TiniTinyTony

[2]May 20, 2007
    • level: 8
    Maybe Deliliah?

Charisma82

[3]May 23, 2007
    • level: 4
    It's kinda hard for me to see Goliath with anyone but Elisa since for the past 12 years or so it's been announced that they will end up together eventually. Even if I didn't already know that, I'd still have to say Elisa when compared with the choises given. Demona hates Goliath now (she loved the Goliath she used to know) so I don't see why Goliath would want to be in a relationship with someone who hates him. Even if Demona didn't hate him, they'd be at odds all the time with their different opinions on everything (especially the whole destroy/don't destroy humans thing). It would be a very hard relationship to stick with. I believe that Demona and Goliath were meant to be together when they were younger back at Wyvern, but not meant to stay together forever. And Goliath shouldn't have to stay single when he's got Elisa around. Elisa is defintely for Goliath.

Antiyonder

[4]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 39
    Having a relationship with Demona would be easy considering they're the same species. Easy, however, doesn't always mean better.

So Elisa. And for all of their differences, they share a common goal. Protecting others around them whether friend or foe. Demona, however, is selective of whom she protects.

googleplex2010

[5]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 10
    I would definitly say Elisa. This is because Demona and Goliath practically hated each other (I know this was already said but whatever.) Goliath said something along the lines of Elisa was the only human he could trust...trust is needed in a relationship. He obviously didn't trust Demona considering she stabbed him in the back a couple of times...So even though Goliath and Elisa are not from the same species they would definitly work better than Demona and GOliath.

Blue_Demon62

[6]Nov 25, 2007
    I would also say Elisa and Goliath. Back at Wyvern castle he and Demona would have been suited to each other; you can tell that they did care about each other; however in the modern world and with Demona having seen the world change around her so many times, she's become less like the gargoyle Goliath knew and loved; not to mention she wouldn't own up that the clan died because of her.

Kingcool7789

[7]Feb 23, 2008
    Elisa Demona and Goliath seemed to not for eachother like they did in the beganing.

Charisma82

[8]Feb 24, 2008
    I dont' think that Demona & Elisa ever liked each other at all.

MajLorne

[9]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 21
    Of course not especially since Goliath chose to save her from falling to her death over Demona in the series premier [part 5].

Charisma82

[10]Feb 25, 2008
    And that Goliath chose to go see Elisa instead of staying with Demona, right before she turned on the clan and tried to shoot them all down. Demona kinda saw that as Goliath choosing humans over her, when all Goliath wanted to do was see his new friend. She gets so upset over simple things like that.

sylent_asassin

[11]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 26
    Easily Elisa. Although they're a totally different species, they have great chemistry together. At some point, I was expecting the writers to transform Elisa into a Gargoyle so they could be together. Additionally, Demona and Elisa going heads-up would be an interesting rivarly.

Charisma82

[12]Mar 14, 2008
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Easily Elisa. Although they're a totally different species, they have great chemistry together. At some point, I was expecting the writers to transform Elisa into a Gargoyle so they could be together. Additionally, Demona and Elisa going heads-up would be an interesting rivarly.
    Have you ever seen the episode called "The Mirror"?

sylent_asassin

[13]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 26
    Charisma82 wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:

It's not ringing a bell. I thought I had seen all the Gargoyles episodes. If I remember correctly, there was one episode where Demona was transformed into a Human in the daytime by some kind of spell. Not sure if that's what you're referring to.

Blue_Demon62

[14]Mar 15, 2008
    The Mirrow is the one where Demona is made human by Puck. Also during this ep she has Puck turn the human's to gargoyles, and the clan into humans (rather funny when you see how she reacts to it).

Charisma82

[15]Mar 17, 2008

sylent_asassin wrote:
    Charisma82 wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    It's not ringing a bell. I thought I had seen all the Gargoyles episodes. If I remember correctly, there was one episode where Demona was transformed into a Human in the daytime by some kind of spell. Not sure if that's what you're referring to.

The reason I mentioned this episode, besides the point that Demona turns into a human, was because Elisa is turned into a gargoyle for a while. It's nice to see Goliath & Elisa together for the time they have as the same species. Also, Elisa & Demona do go "heads-up". I can only recall the two of them fighting each other in hand to hand combat happening 2 times in the series, and this is one of them. I think it's better than the other time (when they are both human) because in this episode, they are both gargoyles. It's a cool episode.

maya14belle

[16]Apr 26, 2008
    Charisma82 wrote:
    I dont' think that Demona & Elisa ever liked each other at all.

Hope this is not yet a dead topic, but they they are enemies. Demona hated Elisa very much.

Anyway, I feel that Elisa is meant for Goliath. She would never betray him like Demona did.

Blue_Demon62

[17]May 8, 2008
    Funny how no one has mentioned Delihla (sp?)

MajLorne

[18]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 21

Lol, nah she's programed to love Thailog. Plus she's a clone [assuming Goliath Chronicles is cannon] then she's already a statue.

And maya yes they hated each other, Demona shot a poison dart at Elisa, but Elisa's badge prevented the dart from reaching her heart.

Personally, Elisa as a Gargoyle was the best moment in the show as you can tell how happy Goliath was seeing her as a gargoyle.

Edited on 06/09/2008 12:00am

Antiyonder

[19]Jun 11, 2008
    MajLorne wrote:

Lol, nah she's programed to love Thailog. Plus she's a clone [assuming Goliath Chronicles is cannon] then she's already a statue.

Goliath Chronicles isn't canon and as for Delilah's recent activity in Gargoyles #3-5:

***SPOILER***
    As for the other clones:

***SPOILER***

PintheDog

[20]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 29
    I'll say Elisa, despite the interspecies thing. I think Demona did want to get back with Goliath after he and the clan woke up in Manhattan, but each had changed too much for the other's taste. Elisa, on the other hand, likes Goliath for who he is, and, as someone else said, she'd never betray him like Demona did.

In short, Demona's Goliath's past. Elisa's his future.