Gargoyles

Hunter's Moon, Part Three

Aired Saturday 11:00 AM May 15, 1996 on ABC Family

• With the clocktower destroyed, the Gargoyles go to Elisa's home. They find a way to track the hunters, and Goliath goes after them. Broadway & Elisa go too, and while Goliath battles a hunter, Elisa is thrown off a waterfall. What will Goliath do now?

I think this episode is the best of the Hunter's Moon episodes. It is a must see. First the clocktower is destroyed, and then Elisa is thought to be dead. Goliath goes through a cycle of vengence, and doesn't realize that his vengence is affecting his clan. This last episode turned the gargoyles' lives around. We also find out what happened in the Canmore's past and why they hunt gargoyles. One big moment is Goliath and Elisa's last scene together. Even though this was the season finale, the show continues on in comic book form from this point on.
  • The best series finale on television!

It all started out with at least one of the best series openers and now, 64 enchanting episodes later, we've come to the finale. Now this, I'd say, is the best series finale ever of a show--not counting the spin-off Goliath Chronicles even though "Angels in the Night" was good too!
    Quite a few loose ends are tied up such as the gargoyles winning back their home, the quarrel with Xanatos over, Demona's centuries old plan ruined, and mainly the feud with the Hunters and Gargoyles is at least mostly over. Elisa was even presumed dead in this one and the emotions of every single character were brought out so perfectly in this episode, I'm in awe! Some loose ends remained of course but hey, you're not exactly supposed to nail 'em all. It was certainly an end to an emotional and exciting three part finale I will (and mainly everyone should) always remember!
    Thank you Greg Weisman, the VA's, and everyone that was involved in bringing out the best cartoon/show ever made!