Gargoyles

Monsters

Aired Saturday 11:00 AM Nov 28, 1995 on ABC Family

7.4
  • Goliath & company end up in the Loch Ness. The skiff is hit by something in the water and Angela is lost in the water. She ends up a prisoner to Dr. Sevarius. It turns out she's not his only prisoner. Will Goliath find her in time to save her?

6.7
    An okay episode. It is interesting to find out that Angela is in fact Goliath's daughter, for those who didn't figure out the connection earlier. And who better to figure this out than Dr. Anton Sevarius? Another great performance by Tim Curry playing the voice of Sevarius. This is also the last episode to see the Xanatos Goon Squad, because they all drown (except for Bruno) at the end of the episode. One thing that's interesting to know is that there is indeed a clan of gargoyles that live in the Loch Ness to keep the sea monsters safe; we just don't get to see them. No wonder Nessy was so attached to Angela. Everything turns out okay in the end. Angela is saved and the Loch Ness monsters are set free again. And most important of all, Sevarius escapes the sinking submarine to live and cause havoc another day.
  • Avalon's boat takes Goliath, Elisa, Angela and Bronx to Loch Ness where our heroes have a run-in with Dr. Sevarius, and the Gargoyles get to meet another legendary creature.

Ugh. Can you say 'epic fail'? I joined this site JUST so I could express how much this episode reeks.

There was absolutely no effort in 'Monster's construction--not in the art, the dialoge, or the storyline. Sevarius was a cutout villain who could preform a DNA test. By this time, who DIDN'T know Angela was Goliath's daughter?

And did I mention the atrocity of the artwork? Did Goliath's bug eyes bother anyone else?

This episode was mostly filler; all that was really storyline-oriented was Elisa's call home, and the fact that Matt's message machine was full (who the bloody hell calls him that often, anyway?), which would account for whatever reaction they get when they return.