Gary and Mike

UPN (ended 2001)

Gary and Mike Fan Reviews (2)

7.6
  • Smart and Funny

Gary and Mike was a great show. Too bad it was a UPN show.

It was a great dynamic. Gary, the cautionary dweeb paired with Mike, the carefree hipster. The show was well written, the animation was top notch, and there was no shortage of guest stars. I really liked Kurtwood Smith's cop character hunting down Mike.

Gary and Mike would have done much better on Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, or even Fox. Too bad it died on UPN which later died itself. Since Futurama has been renewed on Comedy Central, maybe some cable outlet will give Gary and Mike a second chance. But don't hold your breath.
  • One of the great claymated shows of the new millennium, I've ever watched! The critically acclaimed animated series is about two twenty-something slackers, who go on a cross-country road trip the Lewis & Clark way.

I was a fan of the show, since it began on UPN. I did watched all 13 episodes as the show's midseason replacement in 2001. I was twenty, when the show started in January 2001 and it was cancelled in April 2001. They were going to pick up where it left off in the season 1 finale. UPN decided not to pick up animated show and then cancelled it after 13 episodes. I was going to start a petition to keep the show on. One of my favorite characters on the show is Gary Newton and Mike Bonner. They were the best twenty-something slackers since "Beavis & Butt-Head" ever. Gary was the smart one. Mike was the idiot of all.