GCB Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Another anti-Christian, anti-family, hate show from the Left

  • Avatar of archangelwho

    archangelwho

    [1]Mar 9, 2012
    • member since: 07/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,188

    New ABC show which aired the 1st episode on 3-4-12 is called GBC "Good Christian Bitches". See link to tv.com http://www.tv.com/search?q=GCB ABC is owned by Disney. My question is where is the outrage? Where Obama? Oh, I know, as with Bill Maher, Disney and ABC gives a lot of money to Obama's PAC as well as cover up the real Obama while attacking anyone who disagrees with Obama. Maher alone give the PAC a million dollars. So it Obama's eyes it is okay to use terms like bitches when referring to females as long as there is a check with those words. We don't watch ABC but because of the kids we do watch a lot of Disney. I have had problems in the past with Disney and have overlooked them because there is just not much on TV for kids and many of the Disney shows are okay and do not send we over the edge when they are on. But Disney continues to push its anti-Christian, anti-family views and I feel this is a great learning chance for my kids. They will not be happy but as the religious head of my family I have to decide what is best for my family. I'm the one who has to answer to God. I will contact ABC and Disney to let them know that their shows/movies will no longer be a part of my family viewing. It is hard because so many of these companies are own by Disney but does not carry the Disney name so it will take some work. I know, as with HBO, many Christians will not take this type of stance. I have said it many times that I'm thankful that "Fox's Book of Martyrs" has already been written because it would never have been written in the U.S.A. today. There was a time when Christians died for Christ. Today we will not turn our TV off for Christ.

    Remember the NBC show "The Book of Daniel"? With this "GCB" thing I went back to the forum page on www.TV.com and read some of the posting. The same people who complained about "The Book of Daniel" being dropped are the first ones to demand that a Christian or show from the Right be taken off the air the first time they don't like something. With the Left this "what about free speak", "If you don't like it just don't watch it." , "We have rights to and you should not force your views on us." only goes one way. What really has gotten the Left mad is that after decades of getting people fired and shows cancel while those on the Right and Christians did nothing now those on the Right and Christians are now turning the table on the Left. Like with boycotts the Left views these types of actions as their own and it is really upsetting them that others are using these tactics against them. Neither "GCB" nor "The Book of Daniel" would have even made it to the pilot. Just replace Christian and Daniel with any other group and tell which one would have been made into a TV show in the U.S.A. Not a one! It also looks as if this is another all white cast from the ABC/Disney. You don't see many non-whites on their shows.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PennyJordan1

    PennyJordan1

    [2]Mar 11, 2012
    • member since: 12/09/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    lol troll XD

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of archangelwho

    archangelwho

    [3]Mar 11, 2012
    • member since: 07/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,188

    PennyJordan1 wrote:


    lol troll XD


    ? Progranning seem to be working well.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jol21

    Jol21

    [4]Mar 11, 2012
    • member since: 03/11/12
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 2

    ...this came out even before the first episode. At least give it a chance.


    "You don't see many non-whites on their shows" That was a liberal thing to say. If a black actor is worse than a white one I don't see why the white one can't get the job. ABC would get sued already if they were being racist.

    Edited on 03/11/2012 8:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jubillantjub

    jubillantjub

    [6]Mar 13, 2012
    • member since: 07/25/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 123
    After watching the show, I don't really see what is anti-Christian about it...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of djboy77

    djboy77

    [7]Mar 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/26/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 289

    And yet, it's okay for Muslims, Mexicans, Chinese and many other categories of people to be shown as the villain. Considering how appalling many of the men behave (Bill, Zack), it's no more anti-Christian than it is anti-men.


    You didn't even watch it. Your opinion is worthless and completely pathetic. Particularly tossing "Obama" in there, complete randomly and without any cause, like a right-wing Christian extremist. Why not blame Barack Obama for how anti-male it is while you're at it.


    If you had watched it, you'd know that GCB's Christians are the good guys and the bad guys. Just like in life.


    archangelwho wrote:
    ? Progranning seem to be working well.


    Correction: illiterate troll.

    Edited on 03/14/2012 3:33am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of archangelwho

    archangelwho

    [8]Mar 16, 2012
    • member since: 07/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,188

    djboy77 wrote:


    And yet, it's okay for Muslims, Mexicans, Chinese and many other categories of people to be shown as the villain. Considering how appalling many of the men behave (Bill, Zack), it's no more anti-Christian than it is anti-men.


    You didn't even watch it. Your opinion is worthless and completely pathetic. Particularly tossing "Obama" in there, complete randomly and without any cause, like a right-wing Christian extremist. Why not blame Barack Obama for how anti-male it is while you're at it.


    If you had watched it, you'd know that GCB's Christians are the good guys and the bad guys. Just like in life.


    archangelwho wrote:
    ? Progranning seem to be working well.


    Correction: illiterate troll.


    Like any good Left Winger you can not win on facts so you go to name calling. I misspell from time to time. Sorry I have a learning disability and my spell chech does not work on this site. (Some type of computer problem)With 3 kids 4 and under many times I don't have the time to look the words up.I have learn that when someone start attacking/makeing fun of how someone talk/write that mean that they have nothing else so I view your calling me illiterate as an honor. Thanks. Do you so openly attack others who make mistakes or just the disable?As for Obama he always has a remark to say where someone on the Left feels that he/she has been attacked and there is some kind ofremark that the Left trys to make in a negative one but he is never around when it is a Christian or someone on the Right who is attacked. So it was not random nor did it have anything to do with the made up of the show cast. Try reading with an open mind and someone else's point of view. There is enough information out about the show long before it air that you nolonger have to watch it to know the make up. Why would I want to watch a show that I feel is attackiing my views and way of life? As a Left Wing extrenist (your word not mine)you defend Obama without the facts.

    Edited on 03/17/2012 5:12am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of djboy77

    djboy77

    [9]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 06/26/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 289

    archangelwho wrote:


    djboy77 wrote:


    And yet, it's okay for Muslims, Mexicans, Chinese and many other categories of people to be shown as the villain. Considering how appalling many of the men behave (Bill, Zack), it's no more anti-Christian than it is anti-men.


    You didn't even watch it. Your opinion is worthless and completely pathetic. Particularly tossing "Obama" in there, complete randomly and without any cause, like a right-wing Christian extremist. Why not blame Barack Obama for how anti-male it is while you're at it.


    If you had watched it, you'd know that GCB's Christians are the good guys and the bad guys. Just like in life.


    archangelwho wrote:
    ? Progranning seem to be working well.


    Correction: illiterate troll.


    Like any good Left Winger you can not win on facts so you go to name calling. I misspell from time to time. Sorry I have a learning disability and my spell chech does not work on this site. (Some type of computer problem)With 3 kids 4 and under many times I don't have the time to look the words up.I have learn that when someone start attacking/makeing fun of how someone talk/write that mean that they have nothing else so I view your calling me illiterate as an honor. Thanks. Do you so openly attack others who make mistakes or just the disable?As for Obama he always has a remark to say where someone on the Left feels that he/she has been attacked and there is some kind ofremark that the Left trys to make in a negative one but he is never around when it is a Christian or someone on the Right who is attacked. So it was not random nor did it have anything to do with the made up of the show cast. Try reading with an open mind and someone else's point of view. There is enough information out about the show long before it air that you nolonger have to watch it to know the make up. Why would I want to watch a show that I feel is attackiing my views and way of life? As a Left Wing extrenist (your word not mine)you defend Obama without the facts.



    If you would only provide facts, then we could stick to them. As it is, you've provided nothing. You didn't watch it when you put your illiterate conclusion-jumping little rant on the net, everything you said assumed itself instead of basing itself on any kind of facts or demonstration of anything you were saying. Provide examples. You did not. You cannot.


    I did nothing of the sort of defending Obama. And it is quite painfully pointed that you leapt that perception like a deranged slinky. All I said is you brought him in for no good reason. What on earth does he have to do with this series? It's a TV show. It operates in its own universe. You brought him in, again without any evidence or demonstration as to why - you simply blamed him (somehow) for this show. Demonstrate how he is relevant. He is not. Keep him out, instead of thinking he's some kind of free pass to being right. He doesn't make your point, one way or the other.


    The funny part that you just do not get is that this show demonstrates Christianity in a very good light. It paints the nasty, scheming, hypocritical Christians as the villains, the ones you don't want to be like, and the real Christians, the ones who live every day by the real principles of Christianity - love, kindness, compassion - as the good guys, like Heather and Amanda, who work hard, don't take hand-outs or the easy quick fix, who distance themselves from those who would do wrong to others, who put their family first, learn from their mistakes and try to do what's right. It says, this stereotype that you have in your head about Christians being bible-thumping hypocrites, well, it's not true. Particularly when, behind closed doors, they (well, some of them - Cricket and Sharon) knock off the sanctimonious plastic-faced, pious chapter-verse crap, get real and own their own flaws.


    But you. You prove the opposite point. You go looking for a problem where none exists. You judge and condemn without getting to know. Including me. You look at the surface and not beneath.


    You're not a Christian at all. Not in the slightest.


    P.S. Name this "other". You say "another" like there's a whole line of them. If there are, then you can name them.


    P.P.S. If there's such thing as a Muslim extremist, there's such thing as a Christian extremist. Ask the Pilgrims about the Sharia-like rules forbidding dancing, music, colors and such that brought them to the New World. Not to mention all that witch-burning fun. Or do I have to explain American History to you as well?

    Edited on 03/19/2012 6:09am
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of archangelwho

    archangelwho

    [10]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 07/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,188

    Again if you would read with an open mind and not be so closedyou would see that my question about Obama is that he seem to find a way to put his two cents in other places where it does not belong yet there are times, a million dollars worth, when heis no where to be found. It had nothing to do with the show itself butwho he defend and who he attack.The Left Wing press is not going to piont this out.As forI'm not being a Christian if you knewyour Bible and God's word you would know that only God can judge someone heart. Can you ever post anything without attacking the person you are posting to. If you like the show that is fine. I have no problem with you or it being on TV ifmore people like it than don't. But I have the same rights as you though you don't seem to believe so. I did not need to watch the show. As I said there was enough out about it and the book that it is based on. And the few goods ones does not make up for the negative side it put out. As faras any other group they are free to like or dislike any show that they want for any reason. I'm tired of good shows being taken off the air and good people fired because the Left does not like what is said. Many of us Christians and yes I'm a Christian, are tired of just setting down and allowing it. The Left started. We would like to live it a free market land where a few people don't control things. It is not me you should be attacking it is the Left who do all of the protesting and boycotts. WE are just doing things by their rules. Peace be with you.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AriSky

    AriSky

    [11]Mar 19, 2012
    • member since: 05/04/07
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 685

    archangelwho wrote:


    Again if you would read with an open mind and not be so closed


    I did not need to watch the show.


    ------(AriSky here --> ) These things are a bitcontradictory, hypocritical, even.


    I'm tired of good shows being taken off the air and good people fired because the Left does not like what is said. Many of us Christians and yes I'm a Christian, are tired of just setting down and allowing it. The Left started. We would like to live it a free market land where a few people don't control things. It is not me you should be attacking it is the Left who do all of the protesting and boycotts. WE are just doing things by their rules. Peace be with you.



    And I'm tired of closed-minded, hypocritical Right-minded Christians blaming the Left for everything. Everything these days seems to end up a political or religious debate (same thing, really, these days, since the church can't seem to stay out of the state) - it's a ridiculous waste of time.


    Entertainment media are going to air what attracts the viewers. Unfortunately for the Right idealists with Christian inclinations, more often than not those viewers want to see something edgy and scandalous. Bickering back and forth and clogging up message boards with flame wars isn't going to change that.


    I'd recommend both sides find a way to hold a civilized, meaningful conversation ABOUT THE SHOW before the mods start handing out warnings.


    Agree to disagree if you can't find common ground.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [13]Mar 21, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    archangelwho wrote:
    I'm tired of good shows being taken off the air and good people fired because the Left does not like what is said. Many of us Christians and yes I'm a Christian, are tired of just setting down and allowing it. The Left started. We would like to live it a free market land where a few people don't control things. It is not me you should be attacking it is the Left who do all of the protesting and boycotts.


    And that show "All-American Muslim" was taken off because who? what? Oh thats right, the RIGHT didnt like it because it "portrayed Muslims in a positive light" even though they have as much a right to be on a tv show as a Christian does. I can name other examples too but too tired to. It goes both ways, ya know.
    archangelwho wrote:
    WE are just doing things by their rules.


    Hunny if you dont think the right controls this country, you are sadly mistaken. There are many laws that need to be changed but arent/are moving slow because the right wants it that way because its good business (meaning lots of $$$$, even if it means no compassion). Did the left want 2 wars and a possible war in Iran? No. Lots of other examples too. Thats why the left protests- to GET THINGS CHANGED. Get your head out of the sand!!

    Preach, Arisky and DJboy77!! Theres no use arguing. Their post makes no sense to me so I can only conlcude/hope they are just a troll.

    Edited on 03/21/2012 1:48am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of archangelwho

    archangelwho

    [14]Mar 23, 2012
    • member since: 07/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,188

    AriSky wrote:


    archangelwho wrote:


    Again if you would read with an open mind and not be so closed


    I did not need to watch the show.


    ------(AriSky here --> ) These things are a bitcontradictory, hypocritical, even.


    I'm tired of good shows being taken off the air and good people fired because the Left does not like what is said. Many of us Christians and yes I'm a Christian, are tired of just setting down and allowing it. The Left started. We would like to live it a free market land where a few people don't control things. It is not me you should be attacking it is the Left who do all of the protesting and boycotts. WE are just doing things by their rules. Peace be with you.



    And I'm tired of closed-minded, hypocritical Right-minded Christians blaming the Left for everything. Everything these days seems to end up a political or religious debate (same thing, really, these days, since the church can't seem to stay out of the state) - it's a ridiculous waste of time.


    Entertainment media are going to air what attracts the viewers. Unfortunately for the Right idealists with Christian inclinations, more often than not those viewers want to see something edgy and scandalous. Bickering back and forth and clogging up message boards with flame wars isn't going to change that.


    I'd recommend both sides find a way to hold a civilized, meaningful conversation ABOUT THE SHOW before the mods start handing out warnings.


    Agree to disagree if you can't find common ground.


    You start off with "I'm tired of closed- minded, hypocritical Right-minded Christians' Then you "recommend both sides to find a way to hold a civiilzed, meaningful conversation" I guess civilized and meaningful is your view and closed-minded, hypocritical is the other side?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TravisPenner

    TravisPenner

    [15]Mar 27, 2012
    • member since: 03/20/11
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 2

    LOL Seriously, you religious twits are are crazy. This show isn't anti-christ, it's just showing the truth about Christians in most churches. They can be the most hypocritical, backstabbing two faced, gossip mongering twits out there, all the while calling their deeds "spiritual" and saying they go to Church to get to heaven.


    Even Jesus would get a kick out of it, it's mocking the very people he himself once mocked when he came around... you know... pharisees.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of archangelwho

    archangelwho

    [16]Apr 2, 2012
    • member since: 07/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,188

    TravisPenner wrote:


    LOL Seriously, you religious twits are are crazy.


    Can anyone who support this anti-Christian, anti-family and as so many of it supporters have pointed out to me anti-male defend this show without name calling. Such open minds on the Left. It great thing about forums like this it does show the true side of the Left.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jubillantjub

    jubillantjub

    [17]Apr 3, 2012
    • member since: 07/25/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 123
    archangelwho wrote:

    TravisPenner wrote:


    LOL Seriously, you religious twits are are crazy.


    Can anyone who support this anti-Christian, anti-family and as so many of it supporters have pointed out to me anti-male defend this show without name calling. Such open minds on the Left. It great thing about forums like this it does show the true side of the Left.



    Don't see how its anti-family, Gigi lets her daughter and grand kids live with her and is willing to foot the bill only Amanda is stubborn and doesn't let Gigi do so. It's not anti-Christian, there hasn't been a word out of line about Christians, are the characters Christian? Yes they are, do they behave like good Christians should? No they don't but I highly doubt all Christians behave as the Bible dictates they should, that's why there is a Pastor who seems very nice, to guide them on the correct Christian way.

    Is it anti-male? No I don't think it is, all the men in the show are portrayed as strong successful. Were they all dependent on their wives that would be anti-male. The focus is predominantly on the women as such the men are minor characters. If you'd actually you know, watch the show, maybe you'd see it's not as bad as you think it is.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of archangelwho

    archangelwho

    [18]Apr 4, 2012
    • member since: 07/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,188

    [/QUOTE] Don't see how its anti-family, Gigi lets her daughter and grand kids live with her and is willing to foot the bill only Amanda is stubborn and doesn't let Gigi do so. It's not anti-Christian, there hasn't been a word out of line about Christians, are the characters Christian? Yes they are, do they behave like good Christians should? No they don't but I highly doubt all Christians behave as the Bible dictates they should, that's why there is a Pastor who seems very nice, to guide them on the correct Christian way. Is it anti-male? No I don't think it is, all the men in the show are portrayed as strong successful. Were they all dependent on their wives that would be anti-male. The focus is predominantly on the women as such the men are minor characters. If you'd actually you know, watch the show, maybe you'd see it's not as bad as you think it is. [/QUOTE]


    You are a rare intelligent when it comes to the defenders of this show. So far you are the only one who seem to be open minded and can put forth your view with the hateful name calling. We all have our views of things. Some times they are nothing but views. We can agree to disagree. Why does everyone here believe that those of us who do not like this has not watched it or read the books that it is based on? In my view it is anti-Christian, anti-family. In your view it is not. That is okay. I don't think less of you now than I did before. In fact I'm impressed that you have not shown the hate of the other posters. As far as being anti-male that was not me. As I pointed out in the post you quoted other posters has called in anti-male. We all have our views and forums like this are where we go to express and debate them. It is sad that some cannot respect other people views and has to fill their post with hate. But that is 90% of the Left in the U.S.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zeofan1

    zeofan1

    [19]May 1, 2012
    • member since: 04/05/06
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 414

    UM, you continued to call the show anti-family without responding to the family aspect of Gigi, Amanda, and her kids that the other poster mentioned. Do you mind telling me how that still makes the show anti-family, even when there's a strong, loving family relationship at the forefront?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StephCurran

    StephCurran

    [20]May 11, 2012
    • member since: 11/13/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 2

    archangelwho wrote:
    So far you are the only one who seem to be open minded and can put forth your view with the hateful name calling. We all have our views of things. Some times they are nothing but views. We can agree to disagree. Why does everyone here believe that those of us who do not like this has not watched it or read the books that it is based on? In my view it is anti-Christian, anti-family. In your view it is not. That is okay. I don't think less of you now than I did before. In fact I'm impressed that you have not shown the hate of the other posters.



    You are another one of those "Do as I say, not as I do" people because your posts contain a large amount of "hateful name calling". People who actually have personal responsibility will actually take personal responsibility for the things that they do and say. They won't hurl vitriol and then act like the victim afterwards, when they get criticized for their vitriol.



    And some right-wingers have tried to eradicate entertainment that they didn't like. I know of a case where some right-wingers tried to get a comic book writer fired because he introduced a gay character into the comic. They also went up to him at a comic convention and started yelling and screaming at him.



    Regardless, I was really sorry that the show got cancelled. The characters had a good amount of depth and humor to them (regardless of what this person who never even watched the show thinks). It was a fantastic show.

    Edited on 05/11/2012 10:32pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.