GCB Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

"Love is Patient" episode discussion

djboy77

[1]Mar 19, 2012
    • level: 7

I'm not sure if this is going to be the formula for this series: plot a dastardly plan against Amanda, plan backfires on them, learn a lesson that applies to themselves and their marriages, they wind up helping Amanda in spite of their efforts. It's certainly been the formula for the episodes so far.

Still not sure about the series. I'm not familiar with the book(s?), so I don't know what they do in terms of a wider story arc. It's funny how Cricket and Sharon aren't the appalling, horrible people they are to the world when they're at home with their families. Not always anyway. If only they weren't GCBs. But then there wouldn't be a show.

Blake is much prettier than Cricket, though.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jubillantjub

[2]Mar 19, 2012
    • level: 10
    To be fair to Carlene, Sharon and Cricket, Amanda was fairly cruel to them. I mean she had Carlene covered in mud, Sharon she had disqualified from a beauty pageant for not being a virgin and she spread a rumor about Cricket having herpes. Those three events certainly had a great impact on them and they're worried about a repeat performance, Amanda being reformed doesn't do much in terms of hurt self-esteem, and I think it's pretty obvious that they have issues with it. On the other hand, it is nice to see a "softer" side to Sharon and Cricket, Carlene flat out annoys me!

I do wonder how they'll develop the show further because honestly at some point, they'll have to come to the conclusion that Amanda isn't a threat and then what? I think the show will at some point unveil the truth about Blake and Cricket but I think it would be more interesting if they didn't. ABC is apparently aiming to have GCB replace Desperate Housewives so I'm guessing similar plot lines?

I like the show it has funny moments and this episode had quite a few funny parts to it, like Sharon's Texas Chili Council call, or Cricket getting in Carlene's face about minding her own business but I think it also had a few interesting emotional scenes particularly for Cricket and Sharon in their discussions about their marriages. Unlike the first two, this episode shows more of Cricket and Sharon allowing them to be fleshed out a little more. Which I rather like because it would be interesting to have all the characters developed, and Sharon in particular had had the short stick in that regard.

SassySugar

[3]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 1
    I think this was the best episode of the three so far. I like the character development and seeing other sides of the "bitches"...that they are people, too, with lives. Especially Cricket - I would never have thought of her as a woman carrying a burden to protect her gay husband and she does it with style. I wasn't sure up until now if she knew her husband was gay, but kinda suspected. What she said to him at the end, about being the only man who ever loved her for who she was, really made me feel for her.

I think they can carry the grudge against Amanda for a long time, but it will get tired as a central theme. Just think about people we all know (maybe even ourselves) and the pettiness we can carry on towards people we don't like for one reason or another. My only complaint about the show so far is that everything is wrapped up and resolved at the end of every episode. I like loose ends that make you look forward to next week.

BTW, does anyone else think that photo that Bill sent Amanda has a big wad of money inside the frame?

Question: How did y'all get photos on your profiles? I just signed up recently and can't figure it out. Thanks!

SassySugar

jubillantjub

[4]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 10
    SassySugar wrote:

BTW, does anyone else think that photo that Bill sent Amanda has a big wad of money inside the frame?

Question: How did y'all get photos on your profiles? I just signed up recently and can't figure it out. Thanks!

SassySugar

I thought of the wad of money or at least bank account numbers... but then again he was fleeing the country and packing up cash for himself but maybe he considered his children before running off. Doubt it though.

As for the profile pictures : http://www.tv.com/users/jubillantjub/preferences.php?ptype=2&bd=nh go there and scroll down a little its the URL for current icon thing Hope it helps