GCB

ABC (ended 2012)

neomichel

GCB Fan Reviews (31)

• Hate that this show was cancelled! BRING IT BACK!!!!

I loved this show, it showed what people choose to ignore in society and was still soo funny! I wish it would come back! Come on, it is what it is! Why cancel a show for saying the truth lol. (meaning this light hearted and funny but truthful. I really loved the honesty of it and it made me laugh so hard. I even signed the petition that went around for a while to bring it back. At least I can watch the dvd, the story just never goes any further and I would love to see it play out!

• Bring GCB back!

So bummed GCB got canned after only one(?!) season! Is there nothing that could be done to bring it back? It's the best show I've watched in ages! And with such a stellar cast, damn what a pity! Actor(esse)s were so well chosen and such amazing acting! Please bring it back!
  • Why why why

Why would ABC end this series, it madness. For once A really funny realistisk series, all of my girlfriends loved this show. I really hope that some other channels Will pick it up again. Shame on you, ABC!!!!
  • Are You Kidding Me??

This was truly one of the smartest shows to grace the small screen in a very long time. Clearly I'm behind here but I'm shocked to have just learned that it was cancelled. I find it hard to believe that it "never took off" with the amazing cast and hilarious story lines. I'm a Good Christian Bitch and was never offended by the show, the again I'm not inclined to hide my faults, shortcomings or sin behind prayer hands and pretend to be perfect or something that I'm not. I would lean more toward believing those are the types that were offended by the show and that the network caved to pressure from groups such as the AFA. It's a shame too, because this show could have offered some viewers the closest thing to spiritual healing they may ever get!
  • Awsome show

I don't watch tv much so I never saw promos for the show. I stumbled upon it on Hulu and watched the whole season in one day. The only other show I've watched like that was Downton Abby. It's that good. I assume ABC canned the show because of GCB bloggers. I hope it gets picked up by someone soon because the last episode has me hanging on a cliff.
  • I love Texas

How is it possible to measure a show which has aired only ten times in the after season??? It just begun and then it suddenly stopped...why tell me why!!!!!
  • Bring it back please!!

I love this show! cant believe it got canned! there are so many loose ends!
  • Please Bring Back

I really liked this show.. I wish they would bring it back! There are so many bad shows on T.V and they cancelled a show that was funny and finally did not have killing in it. GCB was a good family show. I am a Christian and I loved this show tremendously. I think I will start a petition on CHANGE.ORG to petition ABC to brink back this show.
  • a fan from holland

it is such a shame that ABC cancelled this show. It was certainly the best comedy show i have seen in years. It was refreshing in comparising with all the csi-stuff, make-overs and reality-crap. Reading the comments here from other fans suggest that some are offended by this show. That proves again how hypocritical some americans can be and they take themselfs to seriously..... grow up or take and IQ-test
  • Mrs.Platinum 1

I'm so upset that they cancel this show. I loved the GBC I had got my whole family even my granny a GODLY Women & we didn't find this show offensive at all. What I find offensive is how ppl is acting all silly about a t.v. Show it's alot worst on t.v. & happening in real life. Grow up ppl seriously, & please please bring this show back on air. A huge fan with my family to back me 2 as huge fans Platinum
  • GCB - I LOVE IT!!! DON"T LET IT GO!

I love the show, I'm from Australia and our last episode from season 1 is coming on Monday i just found out it is cancelled as i was looking to know when the next season is due back on TV.

Please don't give up on the show. It so funny and ironically does delve into real lives in a humorous way which makes this such an uplifting show to watch. i can not usually get to watch every episode of a show but i made sure i saw everyone of the GCB episodes i even bought it on iTunes my first TV purchase and i have had my iPhone for two years.

Season two has so many options it could go. We don't need any more shows that have law, cops, investigators or hospitals. We need FUN and with GCB you have it. if you get it through i promise i will continue to watch every episode on TV or download if i miss it.

I am not a Christian, i do not see how it is offensive??

How ever i am a woman and i like that they are out to show us we can do anything!!!
  • PLEASE DONT CANCEL

This was hilarious, I loved the show. please bring it back
  • Please don't cancel!

This was a fantastic show! The concept was fresh and the characters were superb. Why cancel it after only 10 episodes? I was so excited about this show, finally something I could watch without enduring a murder, crime scene, vampires, zombies, or court cases. Today's TV is so sombre and predictable .... bring back GCB!
  • GCB Is the best show

This is the best show out there i was so excited about season 2 please don't cancel
  • I just thought it was gone for the season

This show was great!!!!! I am a christian all the way. I am not a prude judgmental jerk. He who has no sin... people who are against this show need to sell the TV and devote themselves to church. Stick to shark week and Animal Planet. EVERY TV SHOW will have something in it we don't agree on. GO BACK and get a moment of silence, the pledge of allegiance, or one freekin Christmas song back into schools before you attack a silly laughable TV show . This show actually makes people w/ christian values look in the mirror and evaluate there own morality. At the very least laugh their ass off at todays moral trials. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE YOU PAMPAS ASS. Fight a better fight than a stupid TV show. Go serve your community and your neighbor that you have no idea about! At the same time Don't throw stones!!! If you don't like the show WATCH PBS!!!!
  • WHY ):

i loved this show so much! it was so silly and funny and i loved it! why is it gone ): please please please make more ): PLEASE!!!!

• Bring it back...one of the best new shows

Who is your market anyways...all the shows out there are becoming the same. This was different and hilarious! Offending, no way, where do they come up with this stuff, this was nothing compared to over half the show out there! It was a comedy and in no way did it mock Christianity and God, I am a strong Christian who lives in Texas and I was far from offended. I am more offended by a show such as Bachelor Pad or what about Don't Trust the B____ in Apartment 23 but we are offended with GCB....are you kidding me ABC. Pan Am was another good show cancelled, all the good shows are cancelled!
  • Can't believe it's been cancelled!

This was the first fictional show on ABC that I decided to give a chance, other than last season's Pan Am and Last Man Standing, both of which I thoroughly enjoyed and was happy to see LMS get a second season while the network decided to forego on PA. I loved the characters..and the actors/actresses who portrayed them, especially Kristin Chenoweth! Yes it was tawdry and controversial, but what doesn't make for great television these days? I think ABC made a huge mistake letting this show go..big time. Execs should at least hand over the rights to another network..they gave the go ahead on Cougar Town for another season on another network, and I personally think it's not as great as GCB. I'm spending my Sunday nights on some other station. Sorry, ABC.
  • GCB cancelled

Noooo! A comedy that I enjoyed! I am a conservative christian and I enjoyed it! Get past the title and watch it before you judge it!
  • ABC's rejection could be CBS's gain!

This show does for Christians, the wealthy (and the not-so-wealthy), and Texans what The Big Bang Theory does for SciFi geeks (and their respective female counterparts). Since CBS seems to be able to handle this level of programming, perhaps CBS should purchase it, and run with it for a number of years (like it did with JAG - one year on NBC, NBC cancelled, CBS purchased, CBS aired it for 9 more years).

If you haven't signed the online petition to save this show, do it now at http://www.savegcb.com/ . We have to protect our American right to have this type of comedic, yet seriously realistic, programming televised. So what if David James Elliott's Texas-drawl is heavier than Francis McDormand's accent in Fargo! As a Texan, I am NOT offended!!!
  • SisterLilly

I have taught Bible classes for years and I can remember many students who behave, in real life, just like the actors on GCB. This is great satire. Don't stop holding a mirror up to religion, they need to see themselves and the humor. I know that GCB is campy and over-the-top, but it is soooooo funny.
  • Good surprise

Clever and funny, this show gives me hope for ABC! Of COURSE the people depicted in here are not realistic: they're comedy characters! They're here to be funny! This show is uplifting and a real love letter to Texas. To add to its greatness, the cast of this show is great and, most of all, it does NOT deal with teen pregnancy (which is a good thing since it seemed to be ALL ABC was about lately, and I was both disappointed and fed up with this message!). A really good surprise for me. I do hope it keeps surprising me this way.
  • A cleverly written comedy satire!

I'm really enjoying the show and I think it has been hitting its stride with the right amount of comedy and "drama". Its over the top, shallow and enjoyable. Plus, it's a ridiculously funny, cleverly written portrait of some truly zany characters.

• IT SHOW YOU HOW SOME CHRISTIAN ARE.!!!

I AM A CHRISTIAN AND IT SHOW THE TRUTH HOW SOME CHRISTIAN REALLY ACT IN REAL LIFE AND THE ONES THAT OUT THERE WHO DO NOT LIKE THE SHOW BECAUSE YOU THINK IT MAKING FUN OF GOD, WELL ITS NOT MAKING FUN OF GOD ITS JUST YOU DO NOT WANT THE TRUTH TO COME OUT HOW SOME CHRISTIAN ARE OR YOU SEE YOUR SELF IN ONE OF THE CHARACTER AND DON'T SEE YOU SELF. THE SHOW IS VERY GOOD. MY DAUGHTERS AND I LOOK AT IT EVERY SUNDAY AND WE GOT MY HUSBAND AND SON IN LAW LOOKING AT IT NOW. IT BASE OF THE GCB BOOK ANY WAY. SO PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT OFF THE AIR BECAUSE OF A FEW PEOPLE THAT DONT LIKE IT .
  • Ban ABC!!!!

This is direct mockery of our most holy "Bible"!! Using God inspired scripture to justify every disgusting act under the sun!, ABC should be banned until they cut this show! I'd like to see them make a series like this about any other religion but Christianity... and see what happened? There would be outrage and uprise if they based this on the Koran !!!

Time for all God respecting believers to draw the line! This is NOT entertainment! It is Blaphemy in the true sense of the Word!! If your not a God loving Christian I'm sorry, you won't understand my outrage! ABC really? How far are you willing to go for the almighty dollar?
  • not true

I dpon't know what Christian you know, but if they act like this, then they need to repent.. My guess is that the people who think that this show "Hit it on the nose", MNore then likely dose not know any christian personalty.. You have one christian who messes up out of millions and the whole world knows about. What about the millions who help? Who do you think rushes to disaster to help? Who feeds the hungry? Who helps the poor? Who visits people in jail? Where ever there is bad things happening any where in the world, Christians are on the front line.
  • wow. This hits protestant hypocrisy right on the nose

I like it. It makes you think.

And atheists, Hindus, and et cetera don't be afriad to watch Good Christian Bitches! It's funny and true! lol

And @ HelenPostmaGn all churches are not like that. But, once saved always saved, it doesn't matter too much to them or their eternal resting place now. There are christian churches that aren't like that. Usually the ones that have certain sins you can go to hell for doing and can show repentance to get back in His good graces. They have everlasting motivation.
  • the best show on TV

My husband and I just love this show. It is hilarious. There are so many truths in this show it is unbelievable. Anyone that says churches are not like this they do not attend church or are one of the people depicted in the show.
  • So Funny

I love the show because it is entertaining and funny~ If you don't like the the idea of the show , don't watch it.

Thank you ABC and new show to talk about !!!!!!!!!!
  • I love it because its different!!!

So far so good with just one episode so far, but with a ton boring cop shows I love new and different!!! I say lighten up to those upset about this show and sometimes the truth hurts. That's exactly the way some of the good religious types behave.
< 1 2