Killing off Dr. Russell Ford....any thoughts

Adam_Dicy

[1]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 89
    I've been waiting for this day for a long time, ever since he became so agressive in the Chief of Staff position which should've been Monica's in the first place, and I'm waiting for General Hospital (in the daytime show) to mention Dr. Ford's death, if you ask me I hated when Dr. Ford would have patients moved to county cause they didn't have health insurance and that made me sick.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MrsDonEppes

[2]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 7

The death of Dr Ford seemed to me somewhat gratuitous. Oops now they are copying ER!

Dr Ford was just doing his job. What I hate is the whole health system we have.

radrobd

[3]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 54
    Adam_Dicy wrote:
    I've been waiting for this day for a long time, ever since he became so agressive in the Chief of Staff position which should've been Monica's in the first place, and I'm waiting for General Hospital (in the daytime show) to mention Dr. Ford's death, if you ask me I hated when Dr. Ford would have patients moved to county cause they didn't have health insurance and that made me sick.

GH won't mention Ford's death for awhile. They're all mob, no hospital. To be fair, Monica was not in her right mind when Alan died so she wasn't ready then to be COS. 7 months after Alan died, then Em died. Right now, Patrick is acting, but I think when NS2 ends, Monica will be permanent.

Adam_Dicy

[4]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 89
    radrobd wrote:
    Adam_Dicy wrote:

GH won't mention Ford's death for awhile. They're all mob, no hospital. To be fair, Monica was not in her right mind when Alan died so she wasn't ready then to be COS. 7 months after Alan died, then Em died. Right now, Patrick is acting, but I think when NS2 ends, Monica will be permanent.

Good, that Monica will be appointed, I wonder if they'll mention Patrick being the temporary COS on GH, it would be refreshing that GH and Night Shift will be synched.

10nayr

[5]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 11
    Adam_Dicy wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    Adam_Dicy wrote:

Good, that Monica will be appointed, I wonder if they'll mention Patrick being the temporary COS on GH, it would be refreshing that GH and Night Shift will be synched.

Well Patrick is doing a good job as COS but if he is made permanent he may quit because of how hard it is. He says he has barely enough time to eat, sleep, or use the bathroom. It'd be a cliche ending for NS since last season Jason was offered Toussaint's job at the end and he turned it down.

I think the perfect person for the job would be Noah Drake. He is a longtime doctor like Alan and Monica and very good brain surgeon and he is missing most of the time when Springfield is on tour. To give a reason for him being not shown they can say he is in his office doing paperwork and not use some dumb excuse when he pops up like he got back on booze and went to rehab then a program called "Doctors Without Borders".

radrobd

[6]Aug 9, 2008
    10nayr wrote:
    Well Patrick is doing a good job as COS but if he is made permanent he may quit because of how hard it is. He says he has barely enough time to eat, sleep, or use the bathroom. It'd be a cliche ending for NS since last season Jason was offered Toussaint's job at the end and he turned it down.

Actually that's incorrect. Jason wasn't offered Toussaint's job. It was the other way around. When Toussaint was recovering from brain surgery, Jason offered to fill in for Toussaint, even though Jason had fulfilled his community service and had no obligation to do so. However, Dr. Ford turned Jason down, because of the shoot out in the E.R.

clos_vf

[7]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 12
    Ford was a jerk on both shows.... they should have offed that one lady Tweed i think is her name... she was mean to sam during the main show.

I only saw the first episode of season 2 nite shift so i have no clue whats going on... get soapnet at the grandparents house not our house!

radrobd

[8]Sep 15, 2008
    clos_vf wrote:
    Ford was a jerk on both shows.... they should have offed that one lady Tweed i think is her name...
    By the end of season 1, both Dr. Ford and Ms. Sneed (not Tweed), the hospital administrator, had softened up a bit. Ford in particular was revealed to have a nice side. He was hard-ass because MedCam was breathing down his neck trying to take over the hospital, so he had to be a stickler for the rules and make sure everything was copacetic. But he did show some vulnerable moments, like standing up to Sneed and allowing Robin to have a stand-by team waiting for Stacy Sloan when she was trapped in the elevator and his comments to Lainey regarding her father.
    Edited on 09/15/2008 3:32pm

clos_vf

[9]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 12
    HA yeah Sneed! I dont know where tweed came from? Thanks for giving me the right name for her. i think i am going to wait for the DVD version of season 2!