New Season Thoughts

How did you like the first ep of NS Season 2?

radrobd

[1]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 54

Just some random thoughts on the first ep.

#1) Why did they do away with the opening? I liked it before when it featured the cast. Now it's just an abbreviated title.

#2) New Leo Julian. Don't like him. Not only is he shorter, but he's turned into a d*ck. The old Leo was easy-going, the new one is an emotional hard-ass.

#3) New cast. So far, not too impressed. They new interns seem really green and inexperienced in terms of acting. I guess compared to last year's cast of new nurses, they're prolly rate the same. It's just I got used to them and now we have to watch more newbies learn to act.

#4) Jagger. Glad he's back, but he should've kept his shirt off the whole time, LOL

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DramaNerd

[2]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 11
    radrobd wrote:

Just some random thoughts on the first ep.

#1) Why did they do away with the opening? I liked it before when it featured the cast. Now it's just an abbreviated title.

#2) New Leo Julian. Don't like him. Not only is he shorter, but he's turned into a d*ck. The old Leo was easy-going, the new one is an emotional hard-ass.

#3) New cast. So far, not too impressed. They new interns seem really green and inexperienced in terms of acting. I guess compared to last year's cast of new nurses, they're prolly rate the same. It's just I got used to them and now we have to watch more newbies learn to act.

#4) Jagger. Glad he's back, but he should've kept his shirt off the whole time, LOL

I Agree and want to add #5)NS Scrubs > Daytime Scrubs

Sherasbear

[3]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 61
    Some parts were okay... I agree about Leo, definitely don't like the new way they are portraying him. I miss the other one LOVE Jagger, he is so hot

assassidon

[4]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 5
    1st episode of NS2 was ok but it doesnt beat 1st from NS1 in my opinion. i also agree about the new dr. julian even though both the actors are brothers the 1st one is better. its not really the same without jason and spinelli though however i'm glad billy dee williams was able to return.

MrsDonEppes

[5]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    I thought I was watching a bad remake of Grey's Anatomy!

radrobd

[6]Jul 28, 2008
    MrsDonEppes wrote:

As opposed to a good one?

Adam_Dicy

[7]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 89
    Sherasbear wrote:
    Some parts were okay... I agree about Leo, definitely don't like the new way they are portraying him. I miss the other one LOVE Jagger, he is so hot

I agree with Antonio Sabato Jr. returning to Port Charles, wasn't he and Jason as well as Sonny enemies. Ethan Rains is a total hard ass, if he plans to win the viewers over he has to change his attitude towards his brother Kyle, and maybe next Dominic Rains will return to the role and maybe it'll be big in the ratings.

radrobd

[8]Jul 30, 2008
    Adam_Dicy wrote:
    I agree with Antonio Sabato Jr. returning to Port Charles, wasn't he and Jason as well as Sonny enemies.

Jagger and Sonny were definitely enemeies, but I wouldn't say he was enemies with Jason. When Jagger was on GH, Jason was still Jason Q., not Jason Morgan. They had a rivalry over Karen and Jason Q. lost, but he seemed to forget it in time and their didn't appear to be any hard feelings. Now, Jagger has never met Jason Morgan and vice versa.

DramaNerd

[9]Jul 30, 2008
    I think that MOST of the NooBs I warmed up to in episode 2 (pretty much all but NuLeo)

radrobd

[10]Jul 31, 2008
    DramaNerd wrote:
    I think that MOST of the NooBs I warmed up to in episode 2 (pretty much all but NuLeo)

NuLeo sucks.

DramaNerd

[11]Jul 31, 2008
    radrobd wrote:
    DramaNerd wrote:

NuLeo sucks.

NuLeo REALY Sucks

clos_vf

[12]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 12
    so how did Ford die? All i saw was when everyone looked @ him and the blood started gushing out!

Was it the glass from the car accident? Watching it on youtube cause we dont get soapnet here where i live! First episode is really good but gonna see episode 2 later.

radrobd

[13]Jul 31, 2008
    clos_vf wrote:
    so how did Ford die? All i saw was when everyone looked @ him and the blood started gushing out!

Was it the glass from the car accident? Watching it on youtube cause we dont get soapnet here where i live! First episode is really good but gonna see episode 2 later.

A piece of glass from the accident lodged into his neck. He didn't realize it and then when people saw it, he pulled it out against Patrick's advice and blood started gushing profusely and he collapsed. After the commercial break, they said he didn't make it.

MrsDonEppes

[14]Aug 3, 2008

radrobd wrote:
    MrsDonEppes wrote:

Well not only it seems they cannot be original that they need to copy Grey's Anatomy but they do it badly. And on top of that they do acknowledge Grey's Anatomy in the dialogue! Right now I am not sure if I like this second season og GHNS.

The second episode was more interesting since we got to see another side of Leo. However it is difficult to adjust to NuLeo, not look-wise or actor-wise, but personality-wise: he is quite different from the Leo we saw on GH so far.

I also have a problem with the fact that is Robin and Patrick's show both on GH and GHNS. I cannot stand Robin but I do like Patrick, but to have to watch them all the time? I understand that since GHNS is called GHNS, the show has to center around doctors. However Robin and Patrick are not the only doctors: hello Lainey, Kelly, Andy... Oh and some of these aforementionned characters had unfinished stories on last year GHNS!

I suppose the first episode was lacking for me because the writers had to introduces us to new characters. Although to me the death of Dr Ford seemed to me somewhat gratuitous. Oops now they are copying ER!

I am going to continue to watch to see if I warm up to this new season.

Edited on 08/03/2008 12:12pm
    Edited 2 total times.

soldierzwife143

[15]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 10
    MrsDonEppes wrote:

radrobd wrote:
    MrsDonEppes wrote:

Well not only it seems they cannot be original that they need to copy Grey's Anatomy but they do it badly. And on top of that they do acknowledge Grey's Anatomy in the dialogue! Right now I am not sure if I like this second season og GHNS.

The second episode was more interesting since we got to see another side of Leo. However it is difficult to adjust to NuLeo, not look-wise or actor-wise, but personality-wise: he is quite different from the Leo we saw on GH so far.

I also have a problem with the fact that is Robin and Patrick's show both on GH and GHNS. I cannot stand Robin but I do like Patrick, but to have to watch them all the time? I understand that since GHNS is called GHNS, the show has to center around doctors. However Robin and Patrick are not the only doctors: hello Lainey, Kelly, Andy... Oh and some of these aforementionned characters had unfinished stories on last year GHNS!

I suppose the first episode was lacking for me because the writers had to introduces us to new characters. Although to me the death of Dr Ford seemed to me somewhat gratuitous. Oops now they are copying ER!

I am going to continue to watch to see if I warm up to this new season.

I completely agree! I will keep watching, but Robin and Patrick are getting on my nerves. It's always all about Robin and she sucks! They need to have more characters from GH like they did last season.

radrobd

[16]Aug 7, 2008
    soldierzwife143 wrote:
    I completely agree! I will keep watching, but Robin and Patrick are getting on my nerves. It's always all about Robin and she sucks! They need to have more characters from GH like they did last season.

WEll they did bring in Jagger and Rober specifically for NS. But yeah, there's no correlation between GH except for Robin and Patrick and Epiphany. Well, Anna's supposed to be in at least one ep. But what happened to Leyla? I guess she doesn't work the night shift anymore.

10nayr

[17]Aug 9, 2008
    radrobd wrote:
    soldierzwife143 wrote:

WEll they did bring in Jagger and Rober specifically for NS. But yeah, there's no correlation between GH except for Robin and Patrick and Epiphany. Well, Anna's supposed to be in at least one ep. But what happened to Leyla? I guess she doesn't work the night shift anymore.

Maybe a lot of the actors didn't want to have to act on both shows. And I think that by syncing the shows they meant they wouldn't do something to a daytime GH actor on either show that would make them unavailable on the other like Jason's incarceration and him walking around the hospital cleaning at night. And like last year they'll do an aftermath of the NS finale episode on daytime GH and have a few cameos by NS actors and doctors.

MrsDonEppes

[18]Aug 13, 2008

10nayr wrote:
    radrobd wrote:
    soldierzwife143 wrote:
    Maybe a lot of the actors didn't want to have to act on both shows. And I think that by syncing the shows they meant they wouldn't do something to a daytime GH actor on either show that would make them unavailable on the other like Jason's incarceration and him walking around the hospital cleaning at night. And like last year they'll do an aftermath of the NS finale episode on daytime GH and have a few cameos by NS actors and doctors.

Indeed, now after 3 episodes I also think that synching is simply having no conflicting stories (re: Jason as mentionned). To get no conflicting stories, it is much easier to not have the same characters on both shows.

Although there are discrepancies with Patrick and Robin:

- still no mention of patrick being acting chief of staff on GH

-Robert is having some serious health problems on GHNS, and no Anna on GHNS to support Robin

-on GH Robin and Patrick just found about having a girl yesterday, whereas last week on GHNS they were thinking about girl's name, no boy's name.

Edited on 08/13/2008 10:03am

trfhroigfi

[19]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    Call me crazy, but I'm enjoying this season a lot more than last season. I think the new characters are more interesting than the nurses were in the beginning, and I like how instead of nurses, they're interns. GH is a teaching hospital, and this is really the first time we've really seen interns besides Emily walking around.

10nayr

[20]Aug 20, 2008
    MrsDonEppes wrote:
    Indeed, now after 3 episodes I also think that synching is simply having no conflicting stories (re: Jason as mentionned). To get no conflicting stories, it is much easier to not have the same characters on both shows.

Although there are discrepancies with Patrick and Robin:

- still no mention of patrick being acting chief of staff on GH -Robert is having some serious health problems on GHNS, and no Anna on GHNS to support Robin

-on GH Robin and Patrick just found about having a girl yesterday, whereas last week on GHNS they were thinking about girl's name, no boy's name.

Well Patrick did threaten to have Matt bumped down to the check-in desk, something only Chief of Staff can do. Maybe Anna likes to sleep at night?

And like I said on the original GH forum, they could have been talking hypothetically and already decided on a name if it was a boy.