Why Tuesday nights?

radrobd

[1]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 54
    SOAPnet has moved GH: NS to Tuesday nights for its second season. Season 1 aired on Thursday nights. Thursday nights is traditionally the most watched night of the week, which I'm sure attributed to NS's ratings. Will the move to Tuesdays help it or hurt it? MVP now airs in NS's old timeslot, but SOAPnet could have done some better planning on that. Tuesday is at the beginning of the week when people have work or school. I don't know how many would stay up for NS. Ok, they might DVR, like I do, but don't know how that will affect the whole Nielsen thing.
    Edited on 07/16/2008 6:43pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Adam_Dicy

[2]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 89
    radrobd wrote:
    SOAPnet has moved GH: NS to Tuesday nights for its second season. Season 1 aired on Thursday nights. Thursday nights is traditionally the most watched night of the week, which I'm sure attributed to NS's ratings. Will the move to Tuesdays help it or hurt it? MVP now airs in NS's old timeslot, but SOAPnet could have done some better planning on that. Tuesday is at the beginning of the week when people have work or school. I don't know how many would stay up for NS. Ok, they might DVR, like I do, but don't know how that will affect the whole Nielsen thing.

I agree about General Hospital: Night Shift being on Thursdays cause it being the most watched night on that day, yeah why Tuesdays and also why 11:00pm to Midnight that's just plain crazy, and the cast doesn't include Spinelli and Jason as a series regular, that completely ticks me off, I mean there's a bonus of there being Billy Dee Williams returning as the janitor Toussaint Dubois and Sonya Eddy as Epiphany Johnson also Tristan Rogers as Robert Scorpio and Antonio Sabato Jr. as Jagger Cates in the cast, I mean I hope they show some of GH regulars like the Zacchara's, Nadine, Leyla, Dr. Noah Drake, Anna, Lucky, Maxie, Lulu, among others, cause showing them would be a plus and get viewers to stay up every week.

clos_vf

[3]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 12
    i saw the first episode of MVP and its terrible... They should have put Nite Shift back on thursdays and moved MVP to friday nites.

radrobd

[4]Sep 15, 2008
    clos_vf wrote:
    i saw the first episode of MVP and its terrible... They should have put Nite Shift back on thursdays and moved MVP to friday nites.

I liked MVP at first, but the last few episodes were really bad. I think it had good promise but then took a wrong turn. They knew in advance that the show was already cancelled in Canada before they even aired them. They should have realized this and put it on Tuesdays, freeing up Thursdays for NS 2. But, I think SOAPnet, just thought they'd promote the hell out of it with the guys without their shirts off and people would tune in anyway.

10nayr

[5]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 11
    I don't think what night NS comes on matters. SoapNet reruns the episode plenty of times.

radrobd

[6]Sep 22, 2008
    10nayr wrote:
    I don't think what night NS comes on matters. SoapNet reruns the episode plenty of times.

Actually, they don't rerun it as much as they used to. For the past 2 weeks, my DVR failed to record NS on Tuesdays nights, so I had to wait until they reran it on Saturday mornings four days later. Before, they used to rerun it a lot, but not any more thanks to the endless 90210 reruns and the crappy Sunday Night movies.