General Hospital Forums

Weekdays 2:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Actor James Franco is coming to Port Charles

  • Avatar of brothalove1987

    brothalove1987

    [1]Oct 1, 2009
    • member since: 09/19/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 70
    I just got through reading on tvguide.com that Spider-Man star James Franco will be joining the cast of General Hospital in November. Franco will be playing a mysterious character who comes to Port Charles for some unfinished business with Jason Morgan. Franco will be reoccuring on the show there afterwards.
    Edited on 10/01/2009 5:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of assassidon

    assassidon

    [2]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 06/23/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 217
    I have a feeling that it'll probably have something to do with alcazar
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 10nayr

    10nayr

    [3]Oct 7, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,373
    assassidon wrote:
    I have a feeling that it'll probably have something to do with alcazar


    Nah, it'll probably be related to Claudia's death since Franco is Italian, not Central American like the Alcazar's were.

    he could be playing a relative of Claudia's uncle Rudy, like his son or something.

    Think, Jason kills Claudia, Rudy gets pissed, Rudy sends his best man to PC for revenge, and Franco's character becomes "Jason's worst nightmare".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ilovemyDVR

    ilovemyDVR

    [4]Oct 9, 2009
    • member since: 06/29/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 857
    I AM SO EXCITED THAT JAMES FRANCO IS COMING! I have always loved loved loved him and think he will add a great dynamic to the show.

    We all know he will be "Jason's worst nightmare," but do you think he will be around long enough to perhaps romance some of the ladies? I would love to see him in that capacity, too. Maybe with Lulu?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of brothalove1987

    brothalove1987

    [5]Oct 9, 2009
    • member since: 09/19/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 70
    10nayr wrote:
    assassidon wrote:
    I have a feeling that it'll probably have something to do with alcazar


    Nah, it'll probably be related to Claudia's death since Franco is Italian, not Central American like the Alcazar's were.

    he could be playing a relative of Claudia's uncle Rudy, like his son or something.

    Think, Jason kills Claudia, Rudy gets pissed, Rudy sends his best man to PC for revenge, and Franco's character becomes "Jason's worst nightmare".


    Wonder what that will mean for Johnny? If he lets Jason kill Claudia then would Rudy want Johnny eliminated too?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Adam_Dicy

    Adam_Dicy

    [6]Oct 20, 2009
    • member since: 06/18/05
    • level: 89
    • rank: Solid Gold Dancer
    • posts: 905
    brothalove1987 wrote:
    10nayr wrote:
    assassidon wrote:
    I have a feeling that it'll probably have something to do with alcazar


    Nah, it'll probably be related to Claudia's death since Franco is Italian, not Central American like the Alcazar's were.

    he could be playing a relative of Claudia's uncle Rudy, like his son or something.

    Think, Jason kills Claudia, Rudy gets pissed, Rudy sends his best man to PC for revenge, and Franco's character becomes "Jason's worst nightmare".


    Wonder what that will mean for Johnny? If he lets Jason kill Claudia then would Rudy want Johnny eliminated too?


    I think that it's wonderful that James Franco is coming to General Hospital, I've been a fan of his work for years with the 3 Spider-Man films, he'll do fine...with his research for an upcoming movie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 10nayr

    10nayr

    [7]Nov 8, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,373
    James Franco plays...... Franco (Last name not yet revealed, some speculate Poletti), and artist who is obsessed with Jason.

    Signs that support the poletti claim.

    1. Dante recognizes the CO77x tag but cant remember where its from. Some speculate it to be Officer Poletti's badge number or toe tag number in the coroner's office.
    2. Dante said his father figure, Vince Poletti, was his best friend's dad who was killed by Sonny, likely Jason did it on Sonny's order which would explain why Franco wants to screw with Jason while Dante favors Sonny as guilty party.
    3. There are crime scene photo's in Fanco's Mad World montage room, most likely of Vince Poletti's murder.

    Also Franco's room did show something interesting. Jason's birth date. I forget the day but the year was 1969, meaning Jason is 40.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Adam_Dicy

    Adam_Dicy

    [8]Nov 16, 2009
    • member since: 06/18/05
    • level: 89
    • rank: Solid Gold Dancer
    • posts: 905
    ilovemyDVR wrote:
    I AM SO EXCITED THAT JAMES FRANCO IS COMING! I have always loved loved loved him and think he will add a great dynamic to the show.

    We all know he will be "Jason's worst nightmare," but do you think he will be around long enough to perhaps romance some of the ladies? I would love to see him in that capacity, too. Maybe with Lulu?


    I've been a fan of James Franco's work too with Spider-Man's 1, 2 and 3, I like the story of him approaching the show with the role for reasearch for an upcoming film in which he plays a soap star, I think it's just brilliant to have such an accomplished actor such as James on the show, I know he shares scenes with Anthony Geary, Steve Burton, Maurice Benard, Dominic Zamprogna, maybe even Spinelli.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jem_snaps

    jem_snaps

    [9]Nov 19, 2009
    • member since: 08/17/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 149
    been a fan of James Franco's since "freaks & geeks". that was a great show that deserved more than nbc gave it. happy to see a new face on the show just to see what they can bring to the table. don't get me wrong i love the old faces too but i'm kinda tired of the world revolving around sonny. yeah, jason is in sonny's orbit but its still a storyline for jason.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kbelliveau

    kbelliveau

    [10]Nov 19, 2009
    • member since: 07/14/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 153

    Adam_Dicy wrote:
    ilovemyDVR wrote:
    I AM SO EXCITED THAT JAMES FRANCO IS COMING! I have always loved loved loved him and think he will add a great dynamic to the show. We all know he will be "Jason's worst nightmare," but do you think he will be around long enough to perhaps romance some of the ladies? I would love to see him in that capacity, too. Maybe with Lulu?
    I've been a fan of James Franco's work too with Spider-Man's 1, 2 and 3, I like the story of him approaching the show with the role for reasearch for an upcoming film in which he plays a soap star, I think it's just brilliant to have such an accomplished actor such as James on the show, I know he shares scenes with Anthony Geary, Steve Burton, Maurice Benard, Dominic Zamprogna, maybe even Spinelli.

    Franco will most likely have scenes with Spinelli who is connected to Jason and Maxie. Maxie and Franco will become really close.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SuperTam

    SuperTam

    [11]Nov 20, 2009
    • member since: 06/07/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 195
    When the bad guys saw Franco's character yesterday, one of them said he was harmless. I thought, "Yeah, as harmless as a piranha."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.