Weekdays 2:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Rebecca Herbst OUT!

anne_1990

[1]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 8

Straight from ABC Soaps In Depth:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/

:
    "Consider this the first GENERAL HOSPITAL casualty of the new year: Soaps In Depth broke the news via Twitter earlier this evening that Rebecca Herbst will be exiting the show in March after nearly 14 years of playing Elizabeth Webber. "Storyline dictates the exit of Elizabeth Webber this spring," an ABC spokesperson confirms. "The next few months promise to be a 'not to miss' story for the character. We at ABC and GH wish Rebecca Herbst nothing but the best in her future endeavors."

When Herbst joined the show back in 1997, Elizabeth was nothing more than a bratty teenage girl out to make her older sister Sarah's life miserable. But through the years, Elizabeth has remained at the heart of many GH viewers, as her love affairs with Lucky and Jason had both taken center stage and won the actress huge, huge fan bases.

Your thoughts? Weigh in below

(yes, I know this was reported on Jan. 18th, but I wanted to see everyone's opinion on the exit.)

Personally, I never liked the character, but I do feel bad for Rebecca Herbst.

So, how do you think Elizabeth will make her exit from Port Charles?

Edited on 01/20/2011 9:17pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jonnyfan

[2]Feb 1, 2011
    • level: 7

I think this Is horrible when they do this to an actor or actress who has been on the show for a long time. It doesn't make sense. It is even more confusing since they just put Erin Chambers who plays Siobhan on contract. Nothing against her, but why put her on contract and take Rebecca off?

Edited on 02/04/2011 11:34pm

Adam_Dicy

[3]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 88
    jonnyfan wrote:

I think this Is horrible when they do this to an actor or actress who has been on the show for a long time. It doesn't make sense. It is even more confusing since they just put Erin Chambers who plays Siobhan on contract. Nothing against her, but why but her on contract and take Rebecca off?

Good point, why put Erin Chambers on contract and abruptly fire Rebecca Herbst after almost 14 years, I for one think she's nothing but annoying lately. I don't know how she'll make her exit next month, probably something big and we still have Aiden's paternity issue, will Lucky find out the baby's his??? or will he still be in the loop. Rebecca's best storyline was her rape back in 1996 or '97? not sure what year.