General Hospital Forums

Weekdays 2:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Rebecca Herbst unfired by General Hospital

Adam_Dicy

[1]Feb 20, 2011
    • level: 89

I read online that the outcry for the fans of the actress prompted the network to rethink their decision on the recent firing, I guess they didn't take her abrupt release very well, so they decided to take action. I for one am relieved that Rebecca will be sticking around Port Charles in the near future.

Who else is glad that ABC came to their senses?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jonnyfan

[2]Feb 23, 2011
    • level: 7

I think It's great news. They should have never even considered it in the first place. They should have never gotten rid of Stuart Damon as Alan Quartermaine or Natalia Livingston as Emily (not Rebecca) either. Lisa is the one that needs to go.

Adam_Dicy

[3]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 89
    jonnyfan wrote:

I think It's great news. They should have never even considered it in the first place. They should have never gotten rid of Stuart Damon as Alan Quartermaine or Natalia Livingston as Emily (not Rebecca) either. Lisa is the one that needs to go.

Yeah, but Brianna Lynn Brown signed a multi year contract with General Hospital...I read about Natalia Livingston leaving DAYS and being recast with another former GH star Tamara Braun, so it's common that people getting abruptly fired.

radrobd

[4]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 54
    No offense to Rebecca Herbst or her fans, but I think ABC was right in getting rid of Liz. Her character had run its course. Now, remember ABC is trying to cut costs on all its soaps. GH is no exception. Becky by default is one of the highest paid actresses on the show, having been there for almost 14 years. Paying her to sit around and do nothing is not cost-worthy. But again, her character is played out. She's been with almost every male character in town. What more can they do? I guess now they have to find another story for her now that ABC caved in. I think they should have dropped to her recurring, then slowly faded her out.