General Hospital Forums

Weekdays 2:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Robert Scorpio's Coming Back!!...

radrobd

[1]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 54

...to GH: Night Shift, that is. Like Antonio Sabato, Jr., Tristan Rogers will be reprising his former "GH" role on the second season of GH: NS.

From soapoperadigest.com:

GH Casting Scoop
    The rumors are true! GH's Tristan Rogers will reprise his fan fave persona, Robert Scorpio, in the second season of SOAPnet's original series, GH: NIGHT SHIFT, set to debut in late July. Rogers reappeared on GH in 2006 after a 14-year absence, in which his character was allegedly killed in a boat explosion. The actor's return is a gift to longtime fans, who've been calling for a father-daughter reunion ever since the character resurfaced, especially now that Robin is an HIV-positive mother-to-be. For more on the actor, check out his official Web site at http://www.tristanrogers.com/ or the actor's MySpace page at myspace.com/tristanrogersonline.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

REALSOBER

[2]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    Dang Id rather he be back on the show and not just night shift.but Ill take what I can get!

radrobd

[3]Jun 17, 2008
    REALSOBER wrote:
    Dang Id rather he be back on the show and not just night shift.but Ill take what I can get!

Yeah, I guess they don't want him on regular GH because he would prolly end the mob business in town.

bunnykiss

[4]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    Well... Better than nothing!

10nayr

[5]Jun 17, 2008
    Well since Night Shift is going to be synced with Reg-GH they may show him.

radrobd

[6]Jun 17, 2008

10nayr wrote:
    Well since Night Shift is going to be synced with Reg-GH they may show him.

Maybe, but the new issue of TV Guide also reports that Robert will on GH: NS, not GH, and that he'll be faced with some sort of illness requiring medical attention. My guess is that they are bringing on the past stars to NS to get more ratings as Jason (Steve Burton) will no longer be on the show and Billy Dee Williams may or may not be back.

Edited on 06/17/2008 5:05pm

radrobd

[7]Jun 20, 2008

On SOAPnet: Live from the Daytime Emmys pre-show, Tristan Rogers confirmed to Finola he was coming to Night Shift, not GH.

SPOILERS:

He also stated that the writers have done a re-write of his character's return in 2006 so that it didn't exist and that Robert would no longer be portrayed as a "deadbeat dad." Instead, it will be written that Robert and Robin had been in touch all along and that he knew about her HIV status from the beginning.

Edited on 06/20/2008 6:40pm

REALSOBER

[8]Jun 21, 2008
    radrobd wrote:

On SOAPnet: Live from the Daytime Emmys pre-show, Tristan Rogers confirmed to Finola he was coming to Night Shift, not GH.

SPOILERS:

He also stated that the writers have done a re-write of his character's return in 2006 so that it didn't exist and that Robert would no longer be portrayed as a "deadbeat dad." Instead, it will be written that Robert and Robin had been in touch all along and that he knew about her HIV status from the beginning.

WTF!!!!!

radrobd

[9]Jun 22, 2008
    REALSOBER wrote:
    radrobd wrote:

SPOILERS:

WTF!!!!!

Don't kill the messenger, I'm just reporting what he said. But I think Tristan was happy with the re-write, I don't think he liked portraying Robert as a dead-beat dad, especially since Robert was always a heroic character and a great dad in the past. Plus, somehow the re-write figures into Robert having some disease that brings him and Robin closer.

DramaNerd

[10]Jun 22, 2008
    I wasn't gonna watch NS2 cause Bradford isn't gonna be on but the Robert and Jagger SL's seem to be loreing me to is...TIIC did good

REALSOBER

[11]Jun 22, 2008
    radrobd wrote:
    REALSOBER wrote:
    radrobd wrote:

SPOILERS:

WTF!!!!!

Don't kill the messenger, I'm just reporting what he said. But I think Tristan was happy with the re-write, I don't think he liked portraying Robert as a dead-beat dad, especially since Robert was always a heroic character and a great dad in the past. Plus, somehow the re-write figures into Robert having some disease that brings him and Robin closer.

Lol not blaming you I just think its dumb when soaps want me to forget what I watched like they have the powers of the men in black

chaosrainz

[12]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 17
    radrobd wrote:

SPOILERS:

So who made him a "deadbeat dad"?

radrobd

[13]Jun 23, 2008
    chaosrainz wrote:
    radrobd wrote:

SPOILERS:

So who made him a "deadbeat dad"?

Well, the fact that Robert was alive the whole time since his and Anna's presumed death in 1992 and that Mac had to raise Robin as a young teen. And that Robert wasn't there when Robin became HIV + (even though his and Anna's "ghosts" were). Even though Robert had an excuse (the WSB blackmailed him into keeping working for him in exchange for keeping Anna alive), it made him look bad to have not even tried to contact Robin for 14 years.

Lostlover23

[14]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 34
    can't wait for NS