General Hospital Forums

Weekdays 2:00 PM on ABCIn Season

The Original Cast of "General Hospital"

heroesboy08

[1]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 6

Here's a list of characters who were part of the original cast of GENERAL HOSPITAL, when it premiered on April 1, 1963:

Steve Hardy

Jessie Brewer

Phil Brewer

Lucille March

Al Weeks

Eddie Weeks

Angie Costello

Can anyone tell me how many characters from GH's very first year are still on the show today?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

radrobd

[2]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 56

None of them. The longest running character on the show today is Scott Baldwin. The character was first introduced as a child in 1965, 2 years after GH's premiere.

And one character on the canvas is related to an oriignal character. That would Elizabeth Webber, the granddaughter of the late Dr. Steve Hardy.

Edited on 07/17/2008 5:21pm

camden8

[3]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 9
    Audrey Hardy is the longest running character. Rachel Ames came to Port Charles in February of 1964 as Audrey March, the flight attendant sister of Head Nurse Lucille March. Rachel Ames recently retired from General Hospital. She was on contract from 1964-2002 and has been on recurring ever since.

radrobd

[4]Jul 21, 2008
    camden8 wrote:
    Audrey Hardy is the longest running character. Rachel Ames came to Port Charles in February of 1964 as Audrey March, the flight attendant sister of Head Nurse Lucille March. Rachel Ames recently retired from General Hospital. She was on contract from 1964-2002 and has been on recurring ever since.

Yes, but Audrey is no longer on the show. Since her retirement last year, Scott Baldwin is NOW the longest running character still on the show. (Not always played by Kin Shriner though).

fostergirl66

[5]Apr 6, 2013
    • level: 1

I want to know about Lucille March on General Hospital, what here name really was....and she isn't still living is she? I don't remember her in Dennis the Manace...wow it is has been a long time!! it doesn't seem all that long...I am 57, but it doesn' seem that long, I have been watch GH for 47 years.....Michelel

radrobd

[6]Apr 27, 2013
    fostergirl66 wrote:

I want to know about Lucille March on General Hospital, what here name really was....and she isn't still living is she? I don't remember her in Dennis the Manace...wow it is has been a long time!! it doesn't seem all that long...I am 57, but it doesn' seem that long, I have been watch GH for 47 years.....Michelel

Lucille March was the older sister of Audrey Hardy (nee March). She was played by Lucille Wall, who left the show in 1976, with a brief return in 1982. This was before I started watching GH, so I don't know if it was ever stated on camera that the character of Lucille died, but the actress who played Lucille died in 1986.