General Hospital Forums

Weekdays 2:00 PM on ABCIn Season

The original Lucky

jonnyfan

[1]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 7
    I just heard that Jonathan Jackson is returning to the role of Lucky and that Greg Vaughan is out. How many of you are happy to see Jonathan come back but sad to see Greg go?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Adam_Dicy

[2]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 89
    jonnyfan wrote:
    I just heard that Jonathan Jackson is returning to the role of Lucky and that Greg Vaughan is out. How many of you are happy to see Jonathan come back but sad to see Greg go?

I only watched Jacob Young from 2001-2003 and then Greg Vaughan from 2003-2009; I think that the original Lucky Spencer will bring some spice bit of some originality to the show and he was on the show for 6 years before leaving to pursue other projects, and a year after joining in 1993, did a movie called "Camp Nowhere" which featured a cameo by Genie Francis, too bad that Anthony Geary wasn't in it.

So, in answer to your question, I'm looking forward to seeing Jonathan Jackson assume the role that he created 16 years ago.

brothalove1987

[3]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 6
    I am digging it so much. Ever since JJ left, the role of Lucky has been awful. Other than on YouTube I never got to see Jackson's Lucky so this will be my first time seeing him play Lucky. Can't Wait!!!

ilovemyDVR

[4]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 10
    I haven't seen JJ on the show before either, but I am familiar with him from his other projects and have always been a fan.

Plus, from what I've read, he has really phenomenal chemistry with Rebecca Herbst... so now I am thinking that Liz and Lucky could FINALLY end up back together again. My hopes are high!!

lillady623

[5]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 3
    I am so excited that JJ is returning finally! When I read the news I could not believe it, I thought it was just gossip or wishful thinking. The character Lucky has never been the same since he left. I stopped watching the show after he left and then got back into it in 2006 when my roomate was into it. I hated the way Vaughn played Lucky, and the whole story line with him being addicted to drugs and cheating! BOO! I just couldn't see that happening, not with all the history Lucky and Liz had. Lucky changed into a completely different character. Anyone who did not see the start of their friendship that turned into romance, go to youtube and watch! It will be such a disappointment to see how things are panning out. Love JJ as Lucky and cannot wait until next Tuesday!!!

jem_snaps

[6]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 6
    *raises hand* i remember when JJ was on the show originally. i'm in love that he is back now maybe "lucky" will grow a pair. jacob and greg both brought something to the character of "lucky". they were good for the role simply for the things that were going on with "lucky" at the time. but i for one am exstatic to have jj back. now if we can just get him to sing the song "elizabeth"

LJD3Tdance

[7]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 8
    I liked Greg V. but I fell in love with GH when Lucky and Liz fell in love, I watched bad girl Liz transform during the rape storyline...I love have the REAL Lucky home.

Psy4potato

[8]Mar 2, 2010
    • level: 10
    I just turned on General Hospital yesterday for the first time in a long time and I noticed he was on it and I was shocked. I used to watch it back when the originals were all playing the 'kids' and it was Elizabeth, Lucky, Nicholas, Sarah Webber (They need to bring Jennifer Sky back!) , and Emily Q. I saw some stuff the new Lucky's did, but I never cared for them much. So I was happy to see a familiar face when I turned it on. I'm also happy Rebecca Herbst is still on the show, I love her!