General Hospital

Weekdays 2:00 PM on ABC Premiered Apr 01, 1963 In Season

General Hospital Fan Reviews (347)

• What's going on???

Why would you let Tyler Christopher go!!! The new guy isn't anything like him and he's not good for the part. Tyler has been doing this for so long it's like replacing Sonny. Not to mention why didn't Ana, Robin, Patrick, and Emma go to Sabrina's funeral. Your writer's don't deserve the seats they sit in.
  • Hello Writers!

Ok, Writers, you were doing good and now you got stuck on stupid again. You are starting to prolong the different situations again, week after week after weeks, You cannot make up things that would not happen in the real world and put on GH, for real?!!!

and it makes for boring and unbelievable situations like the court system that keep allowing killers

to go fix this! You are killing off the wrong people and bringing

back the wrong people. Let's get back to keeping things real and moving, not stuck on stupid, our

regular TV shows keep it moving why can't you?.

Came back for a month to see has improved so much, I enjoy the now fast moving pace of each story line. They are not stuck on stupid for months! Each day leave me on edge for the next day's episodes. Please keep up the great story lines and keep it moving!

Now that is what I am talking about! The last two weeks were interesting and moving right along. I was even waiting the next day to see what will happen next. The only thing is you are moving back into the same old grind with this story line that we all already know that is going to happen with Dante and this chic. Please surprise us, that you will keep at least one couple together without "having sex" with someone one else, you all are better writers than that!

A group of us said that if the writers allow Dante and Valerie sleep together, we are through with GH because there is nothing left of any kind of family value on the show! This was one of the reason a lot of us hug in there was because of this union. Take a look back and see that when everything else fail, let them have sex. Come on writers fix this PLEASE!

OK Writers, You all can have General Hospital. After allowing the only decent married couple to be destroyed by cheating in order to keep a story line going for the future I could have wrote better than that without again using sex as a tool, we all are through with GH!

• Bring Sabrina Back

What was the point of bringing Sabrina back to Port Charles just to have her killed off so briefly? The writers might as well let her been killed when she was on the run. I think this is another one of the most stupidest things that has been done on the show. Who suppose to raise her child and she had just lost one. Let her and Michael be happy. General Hospital is getting so boring now. Paul has done enough killings. Ava and Julian has done enough to get rid of them both. Sabrina's death should have been faked so that she could identify the killer or he should have killed Ava since she knows who he is. If they could bring back Michael Easton with 3 different characters I know they should bring Sabrina back as herself. What a talented and beautiful young lady they got rid of for no they bring Sabrina back my family and I will no longer watch GH.
  • "What the Hay"

Why in the world did the writers bring Sabrina back in the show? Just to kill her off!! They should've just let her in-law kill down there! Makes no sense. Poor Michael will never be happy!! I think I'm finished with General Hospital, they need new writers. They should've let that little dumb nurse Amy get killed instead of Sabrina!!
  • bored but hopeful

Sam and jason are so boring. they are always brooding and acting like bad asses. enough already. make them go away

I love the newest cassidine. fond memories from all my children. hope he says on for awhile.

I love the chemistry between Ashley Jones & Lexi Ainsworth. Don't kill this storyline off for another she tried being with a woman and now she is going back to being with a man. These 2 actors really click and the camera shows it!
  • Bring Back Ron Carlivati

I enjoyed GH more with Ron C as head writer. The ratings this month are the exact same as they were a year ago when he was blamed for them and fired. I think the cast is stellar. The new doctor/priest guy is a great addition and so is Haley. Really the only actor who I think is just AWFUL is Jason--he needs to go ASAP!

I should also say that I am at least a month behind on my . because there were several months last winter when I just couldn't bear to watch GH because it was so bad. I am happy to say things are improving since then. But...

I hate that they turned Julian back into a bad guy. The writing for him and Alexis just seems off to me--the chemistry Ron C created is gone. I would like to see more of a storyline for Lucas and Brad but they have zero chemistry. Nothing like the As The World Turns gay storyline of Noah and Lily's son--so complex and interesting. Brad is simply not believable as the choice of such an attractive man as Lucas. The Nathan/ Maxie storyline has been back-burnered and the writing is uneven and not consistent with their history. Nina/Franco and Dr Obrechdt are getting a fraction of their old airtime and they are 2 very entertaining characters whom I greatly miss. Overall it's still a good show, and I am thankful it is still on. And I can honestly say that the show has improved greatly since last winter, so maybe some new writers have been hired. But adding Ron C back into the mix would be a good move--even if not as head writer. He had very fresh ideas and was very funny--Nina,Spencer and Obrechdt were never better. But honestly, get rid of Jason already--he can't act and Sam deserves someone more interesting.
  • Enough already

Too many stories at one time, too many new faces. Get back to the GH people we love and have watched for years. Franco needs to go now that he's not with Nina. You're making Liz look stupid. Amy needs to go, she's stupid and she's the killer. Have no use for Curtis, Valerie, Jordan or TJ, boring! If we have to have Kiki, she needs to be with Dillon. Morgan needs to go away and never come back. Storylines are stupid. Want to see more of Tracy, Monica, Epiphany, Diane, Max, Mac, Felicia. I, too, have been fast forwarding through the show for awhile now.
  • Enough with the gay thing

It was one thing to have the guys but now the parker/kristina thing, it feels like I am having the gay thing crammed down my throat, I know I am only one person but if it continues then I am done with General Hopsital. I watch a show to enjoy it and watching that is NOT enjoyment!!!
  • Going too far

Too many social issues on GH. Breastfeeding in public. That was so poorly handled and lame. The dialogue seemed forced and unnatural. The only interesting part to see was that Shari Belafonte is still around. Pretty soon everyone will be gay or bi. The Parker/Kristina episodes are really going to far. But I'm sure the actresses love it because it "challenges me as an always say that. Everyone boycotted the only department store because someone wasn't attended to a department store? Get real. I remember when GH was about love and mystery. Now every chance they get, they throw in the latest social issue... and be careful which side you're on.
  • Been watching way too long

I just turned my series recording off for General Hospital. I've been fast-forwarding through the shows so much lately it just doesn't seem like a good match. I'm really sorry but I just don't believe all this "experimenting" bs and I don't relate to that subject. Based on television and movies, you make it look like most people are homosexual. I'm sure most of the viewership is but I'm not one of them and I just don't enjoy those story lines. Watching two men in the sack was bad enough but now having to watch a young lady and an older woman has put me off this show totally. There are other reasons like such ridiculous stories now. Boring!!! Goodbye.
  • Please fire the writers!

First we have Nick shooting Hayden to keep his

Iie Going then he marries her finds out she stole diamonds and is over her. Tries to set her up with his murder. Please she is 100 lbs at most she threw him out a window. Then he steals diamonds and plans to live on them. Brings his 10 year old kid in the mix plans on him joining him ya like no one is going to look for Spenser. Then u drag all to island and bore us to tears. No romance for Jasam. Ugh bout ready to quit.
  • good script writing with more complex subject matter !!! plEEEEZZZZZ ! ! !

every day i hate myself for watching this show . some one like valentini or whatever his name was; come save this pathetic show. fire these morons who love 4 and 5 word sentences and longer brooding ends to scenes. visuals are not what keep fans. these actors and actresses deserve so much better. oops, i checked and i think it was Ron Carlivati that wrote more interesting dialogue and funnier scenarios , and all round better scripts. if it was valentini and he is sitting back producing this crap when he could help the show with better writing, then shame on him. but something needs to change fast.
  • Nathan and Maxi break up!

About time, she is a selfish spoiled brat. Nathan now could have a normal life, he does need to step it up and not let her manipulate him.. She has a standard for herself and another for others. Thanks for releasing him from that idiot.
  • Too Disjointed

I have been a an for years. I find recent shows disjointed; each segment seems to go from one situation to the other like the final segment of daily show usually does. Spend some time with each group of characters to develop interest in story lines. Do not drag out situations so long. I find that this is a recent

Phenomena for . Probably the "new writers" ANNOYING!
  • New writers are awful

I realize that to watch a soap , one must suspend disbelief but these are some of the worst story lines I have ever seen on this show. Do the writers think that to bring back old characters is enough? There is no depth to the stories. As much as I may like the actors involved, Hayden and Nicolas are just a ridiculous couple. Why are we spending so much time on Tracey's demise? I loved her as a comedic character but this is just not in a good convinced myself to stop watching since I just realized that the show is imploding.
  • the story with sonny daughter

why is it that the show pick sonny daughter to be in love with a woman? i just don't understand that she is to young to be trying to explored herself with the same sex. why her it like watching my young daughter with another woman? what is the reason to have another gay character on the show? it bad enough watching two grown-men kissing which i would turn when they are together specially if the are in bed but come on let the girl be in love with a man. hate the story line
  • GH writers need to be fired

I was so excited when the new writers started. I had such high hopes for my only soap left on ABC. I started watching soaps very young, about 11, I'm now 46. My mom is a soap fan and she has also been watching them pretty much from the beginning. She is almost 70. We both watch GH every day. We love the show and the cast. But, what in the world are these writers thinking? Who wants to wait a year for a storyline to get to the point of the story! Such as the current storyline of Hayden or the Jason storyline. Its just not worth watching when storylines drag out. It ruins the story and the characters. The storyline of Jason took so long that it was stale before the conclusion. Same with the Hayden storyline. I love Rebecca, I use to watch her on AMC. But her character on GH makes me feel bad for her. Her storyline is also stale and still almost a year later, we still don't know anything about Hayden, really? Is it gonna take a whole year to find out whats wrong with Tracy and Jake? What about the way they treat Micheal Easton? How many characters has he played, also stale. Should have kept him as Caleb. I don't want my only soap left to go off air! Please do something with these writers! Make the storylines shorter, maybe 6 months at the most. Who wants to wait a year or longer to find out who the characters are and the purpose of them being on the show. What about the characters that just disapear, like TJ and Rosalie? Speaking of Rosalie, what happen with her storyline with Brad? Are we suppose to forget that they are married? So now we also have unfinished storylines! Why have a storyline if we don't get to see it happen? Like with Molly losing her virginity to the never seen TJ ? What was the point of that? Come on ABC! Fire the writers if thats what you have to do. They are running my only soap left into the ground! These actors and actresses deserve better!
  • New writers ruined GH

After many many years of being a devoted fan I can't bring myself to watch anymore. Stupid boring story lines. Is Paul Hornsby a bad guy or a good guy? The writers must think the fans are really stupid. This will be the next soap to go. Show must bring back the old writers or get better ones before the show is gone for good.
  • New Jason role disappointing

The point of Jason's brain injury all those years ago was that he was supposed to bring a fresh, adventurous dynamic to the show. Jason is adventure. Jason is intrigue. Jason + Sam = fun, excitement, and lots of happy feelings for the viewer. To drag on this new Jason personality is to create a completely different character. He doesn't have to be a gangster if the point of the show is to remove all morally wrong characterizations, but he does need to be exciting. This new Jason is NOT. I really wanted him to be with Sam because they were THE perfect couple, but he is so boring now that I almost think he would be better with Liz--they can both stay home and be boring together.
  • is Tracy related to Hayden?

Has anybody noticed how much Hayden looks like Tracy! R they related in real life or general hospital cleverly picked her for this role! I think there's is going to be a shocking news! Hayden is a Quardemain after all ! And I have a feeling the old Jason will return in the future and current Jason will realize he is not jason after all! And he will end up with carly for a short period! The chemistry between sam and the old Jason was unbeatable! Morgan is a great actor but shouldn't wear wig! He should simply shave his head and not worry about losing his hair! What is up with men and wigs in this show? First, Patrick and then Morgan and now Jullian! Carly is a great actress!! Same goes for Tracy but I hope she upgrades her wardrobe!

• Long time fan

I never saw that special bond between Sam and Jason, I like him better with Liz. My opinion, and I'm entitled to it. Sometimes you aren't meant to get your memory back to extend the show somewhat. And in previous comments Sam wasn't always on the up and up either. Only when it works for you, huh?
  • After 25 years this is getting old.

Being a fan of GH for twenty five years, I'm finding it very difficult to watch this show anymore. I realize and understand that soap operas are about living a fantasy through the soap stars, but there comes a point and time in which you feel as though your intelligence is being insulted. Jason comes back, and its taken almost two years to get his memory back or remember his wife Sam, yet when he thought Hayden was his wife, and what did Jason do? He moved in with Hayden right away. Jason now knows who he is, and knows that he has a wife, so wouldn't you move back into your home with them, and even if the writers wanted to prolong the fans misery, it would be for the sole purpose of regaining his memory. What human being wouldn't want his memory back, yet when Jason was going to marry Liz, and think oh well I really don't need my memory. Now this week crying, and whiny Liz child gets hit by a car again, and Liz feel at fault, and Sam is fighting a gas leak. Yet Jason feels guilty, but as a hit man, how could they make him such a wimp. A stone killer who kills at will, is now a wimp. Every time I read these posts, its always Jasam, yet the writers try to force Jason and Liz down everyone throat. Please do us all a favor writers, if you want Liz and Jason together, then just do it, and lose whatever fans that decide to leave. After 25 years I'm done watching.
  • Lulu with A feeling...

I know my opinion may be I have been a fan of GH for 42 not counting playpen hours and prenatal. I love the there a few of the 'younger' cast that need a boost in heart. I really am not thrilled with the current casting of find her line delivery consistently flat and just matter of factly. even the scenes with Laura, her well loved mother. The tears in the breakup just seemed pushed out. Please do are the only scenes me and a few friends are fast forwarding through. I am sure the actress would be well suited, even for other roles on the as Luke and Laura's beloved getting hard to swallow. The Spencer fans that are still not even in their 50s need to feel that same love for the offspring. Lucky was the wish Mr. Jackson would come back for a longer stint. being an old dude complaining on the my quota for most of the year. Still hanging on GH
  • Dante and Lulu

I'm so mad that they are breaking up Dante and Lulu
  • What happened to general hospital

First I hate Sam and always have. Yes they screwed Elizabeth up but can someone please remind Sam she was not always such an honest person. Jeez she kidnapped Jake when he was a baby. Also how can Ava get away all her crap give Avery back to Sonny. And last what happened to Nicholas and how stupid is he when it comes to that idiot he is with now. I have watched this show for 30 something years and I really don't want to anymore.
  • Just want to enjoy the show

Why do they have to start with the whole breastfeeding in public controversy. Want to enjoy the drama and intrigue. Not a place for all the issues. It's a soap opera, make believe. Guess I'll watch something else till this dies out.
  • My Favorite Show

Love General Hospital more than I did in the 80's with Luke and Laura. The actors do an amazing job. I'm not a fan of murder yet am amazed at how they are able to add comedy to such situations along with each episode. Forever Fan.
  • This WAS my favorite show

I watched GH since I was really young. My mom was a huge fan as well as my grandmother. In fact I was named after Holly Scorpio. I used to run home after school to watch the rest of the show everyday. I would even tape the ones I had to miss. I think I was the only 6 yr old who knew every character. My point is it was my favorite show ever and I am so dissapointed where it has gone. The continuity is not there, it's confusing, abd frustrating. I understand things can't always been perfect but what a disaster. It's gotten beyond ridiculous. Which really sucks when you love a show, so I tried to watch it again and I'm done. It has been ruined which is a shame a show that old has taken such a negative turn.
  • Hate Liz and Jason together

I absolutely detest Jason and Liz together, but endured it because I love Jason anf Sam toghether. If the spoilers are correct, putting Jason back with Liz I will have to drop GH like a bad habit. Please stop this boring tom-foolery and kindly put Jason back with Sam ASAP!!!!!!!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10