Generation Kill

A Burning Dog

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Aug 10, 2008 on HBO

• The war continues.

6.3
    I will not deny that some of the action scenes in this installment of Generation Kill were compelling and exciting. You won't find an argument from me saying that the mini-series has not been well cast and all the actors work their tails off every week. I think I've made it clear in my reviews that the dialogue is the most realistic on television.

Still.... the show is not great. It drags on at points, and leaves the viewer asking, "What is going on?" The majority of the scenes are completely worthless. They fail to advance the story and fail to entertain the audience. You will get chastised if you criticize shows like this. "You just don't get it," people will tell you.

I get it. I understand the message they are trying to send. Everyone is human and everyone experiences a variety of emotions from hatred to anger to confusion. We are all borderline racists, some not so borderline, and we all are sexually frustrated. That doesn't mean I want to see a show about it.
  • Great!

Bit slower for me than the previous episode, but still better than some other episodes from this show.

The first half seemed to go a bit slower than usual for me, but from then onwards it seemed to be a great episode, alot of story being reveled and more development on the characters, which is difficult to achieve in such a short series (7 eps I think).

Its nice to see them under pressure on the bridge, that was a very exciting scene.

Action was the same as the last 2 episodes, which is good.

Overall I give it a 9/10, was a good episode but not perfect.