Generation Kill Forums

HBO (Mini-Series 2008)

Official Episode Discussion:"Bomb In the Garden"

What did you think?

danharr

[1]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 45
    Final episode it's been great posting with you guys
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

harihudson

[2]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 15

Good episode and I'm glad the writers didn't do some out of place wrap up for the finale. The one character's video was enough of a montage of their experiences.

Letters from home - I didn't notice the lack of communication w/ family until the segment of the marines receiving the letters. 1 wife joins the Marines?!

Football game - Captain Patterson of Alpha team had been so restrained and assured compared to the other captains of lesser experience. I'm glad he refused the landmine marking command and popped Encino Man.

Captain America was a jerk to the end.

I'll miss it, but I think 7 episodes were enough.

SVU_number_1fan

[3]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 17
    harihudson wrote:

Good episode and I'm glad the writers didn't do some out of place wrap up for the finale. The one character's video was enough of a montage of their experiences.

Letters from home - I didn't notice the lack of communication w/ family until the segment of the marines receiving the letters. 1 wife joins the Marines?!

Football game - Captain Patterson of Alpha team had been so restrained and assured compared to the other captains of lesser experience. I'm glad he refused the landmine marking command and popped Encino Man.

Captain America was a jerk to the end.

I'll miss it, but I think 7 episodes were enough.
    hey cap was kinda being an ahole towards the end i was like wtf wats up with that and i agree glad the writers did not doa craptastic ending i love the vid ending and di u notice that ray ray was very quiet this eppy and that he did not get any fam letters?? but yea it kinda wraped him up also in the football game they let out all there emotions in a good way very very good ending

Junkyxl19

[4]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 12

Aww that was it already?

I knew there wasnt gonna be much action but oh well...

I did love it when the reporter started to run like serpico, haha I couldnt stop laughing

justinwestnet

[5]Aug 25, 2008
    Great episode. I loved the video at the end and one by one they all just kind of walked away. My two favorite parts were when the reporter was running from the sniper, and you see Colbert trying to find him with his gun and while his eye is still up at his gun he looks over at the reporter and has that "what the hell?" look. classic. I also enjoyed it when they left Baghdad and Person goes "that was fun, who can we invade next?". Perfect delivery on that line. All in all a great series, too bad it's over. It would have been nice if they showed what happened to everyone afterwards.

harihudson

[6]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 15

SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    di u notice that ray ray was very quiet this eppy and that he did not get any fam letters?? but yea it kinda wraped him up also in the football game they let out all there emotions in a good way very very good ending

Ray annoyed me greatly during the first episode I watched, but I began to see that he did have some depth. The football game showed more of Ray's character...or maybe it really was just the lack of Ripped Fuel in his system - he lost his Invasion Buzz.

thefbz

[7]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 6
    It was good, but I wish the show was longer!

danharr

[8]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 45
    Well it gets a great vote based on the Johnny Cash montage and the real audio interviews at the end. This was perfect I agree seven episodes was enough the best Iraq was entertainment so far. Which isn't saying much but this was a well done production as to be expected by the Baltimore boys great job.

SVU_number_1fan

[9]Aug 25, 2008
    harihudson wrote:

SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    di u notice that ray ray was very quiet this eppy and that he did not get any fam letters?? but yea it kinda wraped him up also in the football game they let out all there emotions in a good way very very good ending

Ray annoyed me greatly during the first episode I watched, but I began to see that he did have some depth. The football game showed more of Ray's character...or maybe it really was just the lack of Ripped Fuel in his system - he lost his Invasion Buzz.

hahah lol mayb they did sing kingdom road with out him that was funny idk i clung to him automatilcy but yea i think they sumed him up pretty much at the football game yea great ending (: