Generation Kill Forums

HBO (Mini-Series 2008)

Official Episode Discussion"The Cradle of Civilization"(Spoilers)

What did you think?

danharr

[1]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 46
    The second part what did you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 46
    So funny right after I read the homo-erotic over tones of the soldiers being criticized they address it "The Marines are so homo-erotic" funny stuff. I like how the characters were fleshed out no longer just a bunch of nameless profane guys in fatigues we get a deeper look at their personalities. Finally some action which I'm sure alot of folks were looking for nice to see it's not like the movies. I loved the hit em and haul you know what tactics.

SVU_number_1fan

[3]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 17
    danharr wrote:
    So funny right after I read the homo-erotic over tones of the soldiers being criticized they address it "The Marines are so homo-erotic" funny stuff. I like how the characters were fleshed out no longer just a bunch of nameless profane guys in fatigues we get a deeper look at their personalities. Finally some action which I'm sure alot of folks were looking for nice to see it's not like the movies. I loved the hit em and haul you know what tactics.
    yea i agree that was funny in my opnion its like rescue me went hbo but wiht marines lol yea i loved it i loved when the guy said wow i cant belie there r hotties here not all camlefaced lol yea a nother great eppy

cgijoe1

[4]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    Some really wonderful visual shots in this episode, the armoured convoy trunding down the highyway. And the visuals of Iraqi towns in the midts of fighting were fantastic. 10/10 for the effects team.

harihudson

[5]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 15

I really had no intention of watching this show, but the first 3 eps were being repeated Tuesday night, so I stopped to check out 1 of the actors. I recognized Tergesen (reporter) from Oz and Ransone from The Wire (in yet another role that combines 85% annoyance and 15% possiblity of some depth) and watched the 1st ep.

I was suprised that I found it interesting. I haven't watched any Iraqi war based films, just news coverage. A few weeks ago, I began watching PBS' Carrier which is a documentary and found that I could relate to so many of the featured military personnel. Maybe that's what changed my mind about giving this show a chance.

Everytime I hear the Godfather and Captain America speak, I dread what's coming next. I'm not surprised by the language, atttitudes, etc. - seems pretty realistic.