Generation Kill

Stay Frosty

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Aug 17, 2008 on HBO

• Great!

This episode was good and all but it did go by a bit slowly, everyone hates it when an episode drags on, especially when its over an hour long per episode. But it seems like thats the usual with each episode, a slow first half and fat second half.

This ep didnt have too much action but did have some good scenes, which developed the characters better to the audience. Overall it has to be a 9 out of 10 from me, great but not perfect in my opinion.

Also, I cant wait for the final ep, as much as I love the show, cant wait for it to end (that sounded alot worse than I intended).
  • The war continues.

7.1
    Generation Kill continues to impress with me with just how realistic the mini-series is. You can relate to and probably know someone just like each and every single character on the program. In a way you hate every character, but the same reasons you dislike them are why they are great. Seeing "Iceman" tearing other soldiers apart and protecting his men is some compelling character development. Compliments aside, this episode still dragged on and seemed like much longer than an hour and fifteen minutes in length. I do not like the reporter being there, however, he is needed to maintain the realism the show's producers are going for. I read a review that cited how unimaginable it is to see an Iraqi woman, with a sharp-tongue no less, approaching the soldiers and I have to concur.

Still, the positives outweighed the negatives and this was a good episode to get viewers excited about next week's conclusion.