Friday 8:30 PM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Episode Talkback: "End Game Part 2"

Spanky2lj2

[1]Mar 16, 2012
    • level: 1

Catch the episode here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSW38YYV01g

***SPOILER***

What do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[2]Mar 16, 2012
    • level: 41

Spanky2lj2 wrote:

Catch the episode here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSW38YYV01g

***SPOILER***

What do you guys think?

***SPOILER***

Spanky2lj2

[3]Mar 16, 2012
    And the consortium, what happened to them?

edmasterchaos

[4]Mar 16, 2012
    Died on their way to their home planet.

Imafreek

[5]Mar 16, 2012
    • level: 17

Well, Buffy found a way to continue in comic form...

and even after "season 8" they still found stories to make...

and in the past is has been shown that if there are enough loose threads, a show can continue well.

Also, didn't MoA Promise a second Crossover? not to mention, Teen Titans was supposed to End after the coming and going of Trigon... and wasn't the original Ben 10 only supposed to last for three seasons (disregarding Alien Force Etc)?

edmasterchaos

[6]Mar 16, 2012

If we suddenly see that CN ordered new episodes after this season, then sure, but, right now it looks like there are no plans for a season 4 and this wrapped up the main storyline of the entire series, so it doesn't really look good.

The thing about Buffy, is that Joss Whedon is a big guy in the comic-book world, and Dark Horse loves taking titles from popular media (they make all the star wars comics), so the connection was easy enough to pull. No clue about Teen Titans, but Ben 10 was huge, so more seasons were a clear choice.
    As good as generator rex is, it doesn't seem like it was a huge hit. Maybe i'm not checking enough boards, but, yeah, all-in-all it looks like it did OK, but not good enough, hence the fact that its hour of new episodes got switch by a Lego cartoon. If it continues in comic book form... well, Man of Action could easily get on it, a la Joss Whedon/Buffy, and Adventure Time got a comic made by Kaboom! so that gives us a publisher CN's already communicating with (They may carry DC's shows, but it looks impossible for CN to get DC to make comics for them) so, it's possible that Generator Rex could have a comic-book revival, which would make the whole thing go full-cycle, an indie comic book made tv show which then was published as a comic, and that'd be great. But i wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Seeing how so many shows just end with the end of an episode and are left for the fanbase to just accept that it'll never conclude, it's great that we did get a finale, we saw the resolution of the biggest villains in the series and the world was saved, so, just seeing that is a victory in itself and i'm grateful for it. I would like more, but i'm happy with this.

*facepalms* So, for a while i was wondering why Mastered Mecha Rex's fire hair looked so familiar. I shrugged it off as a Firestorm, The Nuclear Man reference. I clicked the summary page on this site and saw that one early promotional picture.

Edited on 03/16/2012 7:05pm

Lilly-Lou

[7]Mar 18, 2012

Wow... A gigantic, amazing bittersweet goodbye.

I always get a little sad when something really good ends, and now Rex is over.

I agree with you guys. It was an amazing ending that wouldn't have lost anything if it had stretched over another episode or two. There are a few untied strings, but I guess that just gives room for fans to elaborate on their own.

I don't know how to mask the spoilers, so I won't get into detail, but... *happy dance!* This show has been one of the best I have seen in a loooooong time! I hope they'll soon produce a DVD box with all three seasons and hopefully some great extras.

Thank you, Rex, and goodbye.

TheFatalFury

[8]Mar 23, 2012
    • level: 12
    Wow I still can't believe it's over which means I have nothing to watch on Fridays and i'll be damned if I have to watch Ben 10 or that glorified lego toy commercial(A.K.A Ninjago).

Writerpatrick

[9]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 13
    The episode really did look like a series finale. There's "final" episode looks as if it was meant to air before the finale episodes. And Ben 10 (including the various incarnations) is worth the watch, although it is also wrapping up for the year. Although Legend of Korra is just starting.

nyfan

[10]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 20

I say this, it is probably than the Ben 10: UA finale, it actully felt like a finale.

Azvee

[11]Apr 3, 2012

Quick question, where does the episode Rock My World fit into the storyline? There's a plothole the size of Texas if it comes after End Game.

edmasterchaos

[12]Apr 5, 2012
    Azvee wrote:

Quick question, where does the episode Rock My World fit into the storyline? There's a plothole the size of Texas if it comes after End Game.

I think it was right before or after A Brief History of Time.