Generator Rex

Lockdown

Aired Friday 8:30 PM May 14, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• Rex finds out the truth about Noah.

Well, this was a step up from last week's disaster, but I can't say I enjoyed it all the way through. First off, the opening is terrific, amazing action, cool monster, it's a blast. The rest of the episode is rather mediocre, the monster is not that cool, except for the facial features. On the one hand I am glad Rex found out about Noah this early on, but also there are clichees a plenty, Rex throws a hiss fit and even punches him at one point, I am starting to have problems about Rex's attitude, I thought the first episode and the second in particular were supposed to have him mature a little. Rex is an obnoxious guy really, is he still running away from providence like a brat? Even after Knight said how many valuable resources and money they have to spend looking for him in episode 2. The ending has him going "providence can wait" and runs off again when they send a ship looking for him. Furthermore he is the one who releases the monster, which angered me, because we see it dragging unconcious bodies around, which I presumed were dead, remember the first episode where all the soldiers died looking for Rex?

Honestly, I am not quite sure I'll bother sticking with the show if Rex remains as inept and annoying, on the plus side, the action is terrific, in the opening, the rest is merely okay, it's so dark, you can't really see much, and the battle between the monster is a bit chaotic. The revelation of the identity of the monster was a nice touch I must say, and again we see Agent Six stepping up to defend people. Actually, I would rather have the show be about him, he is a lot cooler than Rex. Bobo is starting to be really pointless, he is useless in fights and he's only there to make crap jokes.

This episode is, I guess decent with an amazing opening fight, but Rex is starting to get on my nerves. Here's hoping he matures...quickly.