Generator Rex

String Theory

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Apr 30, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• Generator Rex follows up last week's strong premiere with a strong second episode.

First of all, let me get this out of the way because it's bugging me, the cheesy Looney Tunes sound effects has got to go, I went easy on them last week, I thought it was a one time offense type of thing, no such luck, they're back. Have I deducted points for it? Not really, I decided to look the other way and pretend I didn't hear them, because they only appear in the very beginning, I've seen most of it before, it was released as a sneak preview from CN, thing is, that clip didn't have those sound effects, which means they were added later. Why? I have absolutely no idea, could be to take some of the impact away from the blows. But the rest of the episode doesn't have this annoyance.

Okay, over to the episode itself, I wasn't really that hyped for it from the commercials, I thought the design on the zombies was pretty uninteresting, looked like some sort of plant people, the main guy with the enormous head and his body dangling under it was cool though, reminded me of Fang from Teen Titans. Regardless, the action in the street was phenomenal, Agent Six is awesome, and some of the music was pretty cool and not just generic background noise. The whole "cleanse the city" was a nice touch of darkness, and surprisingly enough created some tension, they have the PG rating and they killed a bunch of people in the premiere, so maybe...no, they didn't. But they had me going there for a while. The revelation at the end with Agent Six and the bomb was nice, so was the rescuing of the little girl.

This is a very entertaining episode from a series that's already shaping up quite nicely, next week, It's Circe's introduction, I believe, that's going to be interesting.