Genshiken Forums

TV Tokyo

The First Official Genshiken Discusion Thread.

Madarame

[1]Jan 11, 2006
    • level: 6
    Basically, just state your mind, opinions, and ideas about Genshiken. I'll start it off. In my personal opinion, Genshiken is the best anime show that I have ever watched. It deals with things that could very well be happening in any college around the world. The seiyuu they hired for the Japanese version seemed to match the characters very nicely. And the American voice actors sounded pretty much the same as the Japanese with a variation here and there. It doesn't need any ki attacks or aliens to make it an interesting show. It is just the study of modern visual culture and those who partake in it. Genshiken has a character that everyone could relate to. My relatable character would have to be Harunobu Madarame. Anyway, the people who produced this show, Kodansha, did a very good job with it and the original creator did a very good job at presenting the life of the average group of otakus and didn't need any tricks or gimmicks to do so. I give this show a 10.1 on the tv.com's ratings scale. This anime is above and beyond perfection. Of course, that is my personal opinion and you can feel free to disagree with me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gustavo123

[2]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 4
    One of the best anime titles i have seen, if not the best. A great way to make fun of the otaku in all of us, and how pathetic their lives are. You shouldnt call yourself an otaku if you havent watched this.

I mainly identify myself with Kousaka since i dont look like one yet im so open about being one its kind of depressing.

Madarame

[3]Jan 27, 2006
    I wouldn't feel depressed about being otaku. In my opinion, I think it is perfectly normal. At least as normal as people who call themselves "Parrot heads." (Fans of Jimmy Buffet.) We are just another clique in a vast sea of society. In fact, I think that the world, or at least America, needs more otakus. I need more people who I can talk to about otaku like things. Such as games, manga, and anime. I think that may be another reason why I like Genshiken so much. I have "friends" now. Now I'm starting to sound like the depressed one. (:-P) I say be proud of your otakuness. Don't be ashamed. Most of the members of Genshiken weren't so I figured neither should I. My life has been a little more pleasant since then. Like Kugayama said, "It's just a question of preference."

rmuyo

[4]Feb 5, 2006
    • level: 1
    The funniest thing about this series is I am equally excited and hope someday there is a Kujubiki Unbalance full length anime. That was as exciting for me as Genshiken itself.

Gustavo123

[5]Feb 5, 2006
    • level: 4
    Is the Kujubiki Unbalance OAV... or whatever the hell you call the 3 episodes any good?

Madarame

[6]Feb 6, 2006
    I only have the first DVD and I am hoping to get the other two soon but from the first Kujibiki Unbalance episode, it looks interesting. It looks like it is geared for younger kids than Genshiken itself but definitely good nonetheless. So far, the Kujiun episodes look bearable so I would check it out. I do prefer Genshiken over Kujiun though so don't expect too much. But if you have a chance to see it, see it. It's entertaining.

curlfro

[7]Apr 3, 2006
    • level: 2
    you really need more than just one post if you want people to notice the forums. make them seem like people are actually interested.

SaitoGatotsu58

[8]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 11
    This series is hillarious.

Dante-2006

[9]May 29, 2007
    • level: 3
    I have the complete box set collection of this series and i have to say this is a really good Anime especially if you are an Otaku ^_^ the characters, story plot are all well made and it is a series you can watch all the way though and want more after the series has ended i think anyways. And that being i heard there is a second season coming out of Genshiken so if this is true that would be awesome.