George Lopez

George Can't Let Sleeping Mexicans Lie

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 24, 2007 on ABC

7.4
  • Thought it was Pointless

George and Angie discover their new neighbor has a statue outside his home of a sleeping Mexican, and immediately decide that he is racist for this. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be racist, but I do not see how it is racist, and I think George and Angie were overreacting throughout this whole episode. And then they try to get even with him, and George discovers Max has broken the statue. I'm sorry, I found this episode pretty bad throughout, I just do not think that was racist or anything like that.

Overall grade would be C, because I liked some of it
  • Pretty good, but it could've been better.

"George Can't Let Sleeping Mexicans Lie" is an episode in the final season of the great television sitcom, "George Lopez." The story of the episode takes place when George and Angie, neighborhood watchers, meet the new Caucasian neighbor, they find that he has a statue of a Latino sleeping with a sombrero on on his lawn, which they find offensive. Benny smashes the statue, then when he puts more on his lawn, Max decides to be a Lopez man and smash them, and George has to teach his right from wrong. It was an ok episode, it was pretty funny I guess.
  • It was an ok episode.

7.8
    "George Can't Let Sleeping Mexicans Lie" is an episode in the final season of the great television sitcom, "George Lopez." The story of the episode takes place when George and Angie, neighborhood watchers, meet the new Caucasian neighbor, they find that he has a statue of a latino sleeping with a sombrero on on his lawn, which they find offensive. Benny smashes the statue, then when he puts more on his lawn, Max decides to be a Lopez man and smash them, and George has to teach his right from wrong. It was an ok episode, it was pretty funny I guess.
  • This show was supposed to be against racial sterotypes, but then they just lived up to them.

This show was dissapointing, the fact that he told his son to do anything for the cause and talked about vandalizing things as revenge, wasn't good at all. He complained about people thinming he was a criminal because he is Latino, but then he supported his mom for living up to the sterotype it was a bit hypocritical. I think this was a big character flaw, because all other episodes they taught their kids right from wrong and this one he was all about doing wrong. They did redeem themselves by showing that her letter got all the neighbors angry and that was going to get the job done. I just didn't care for the extremist attitude he had on this episode.