George Lopez

George Gets a Pain in the Ash

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 05, 2005 on ABC

7.7
  • HILARIOUS!

George Lopez is an incredibly funny person, and it's so good to see him bounce back from his surgery this year. The Season Premiere last night was absolutely hysterical. I was laughing my head off the entire time. The entire episode was so well written, and even the annoying moments were dealt with and cut off before it got to be too much (like watching 7th Heaven).

Most of the episode focused on Carmen and Benny. First Carmen. She decides to bluff and tell her parents she's pregnant so she can marry Jason before he moves to GA to play baseball. After her parents and Benny force the truth out of her, she starts talking with a southern accent that's REALLY funny. She uses funny southern expressions and slang and George asks Angie to please tell him she had an affair with Garth Brooks because this girl was not his child. lol.. After a couple days of discussion, Carmen thinks that the only way she can be with Jason is to really get pregnant, so she decides to tell him the "good news".. lol.. You can tell he's obviously freaked out and the next morning we learn that he woke up early, packed his stuff and moved out! Carmen spends most of the episode in denial (and quite brilliantly done I might add) and really does believe that he's just "getting it out of his system" before they get married. George sits down with her and breaks apart the letter Jason wrote her telling her it was over. I was a little disappointed with the crying that Carmen tried to express... but considering the show is a comedy I think it's ok to let it slide. They handled this plot and storyline very well, especially since Carmen getting pregnant or leaving the show would really kinda screw things up a little. It was much better than the Season Premiere of Hope and Faith.. but that's another story for another time.

Benny's house catches on fire and we learn that she had 53,000 saved in her mattress because she thought insurance and banks were for suckers. lol... She loses everything and George and Angie tell her she can live with them. After George finds out that Benny gambled (or tried to gamble) all the money away that George had gotten for her, he gets sick of being walked on and tells her she has to leave. She refuses to move into an apartment and use the money that George gave her (which is what he gave it to her for) and decides to live in her car in their driveway. Near the end of the episode Angie comes running in and says Benny's car is on fire. We learn that she had put the additional money that George gave her in the glove box, so now she has nothing at all, including the money George gave her. It's really really funny the way they wrote this episode and the banter between George and Benny was so funny.

It was just great and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, cause it was started out perfectly.