George Lopez

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Honey

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 27, 2002 on ABC

7.2
  • Cheech Marin and John Michael Higgins guest star in this Thanksgiving episode of "George Lopez"

After learning Benny had a one-night fling with a co-worker 35 years ago, George believes he has finally found his father. He meets Laolo - whose picture bears a striking resemblance to George -- and invites him over for Thanksgiving dinner. But George's bond is tested when he learns the truth. I thought that this was an excellent Thanksgiving episode of "George Lopez". I wouldn't call it my all-time favorite episode but I thought that it was an enjoyable way to spend 30 minutes of your time and it's also because I didn't have any issues with this episode. Gay people in television shows really don't make me laugh or make me satisfied... I don't have a problem with gay people but just the way that they are portrayed aren't very good. Unfortunately, Cheech Marin and John Michael Higgins were hilarious as the gay people named Laolo and Charles and worked together as them. George thinking that Loalo (Cheech Marin) could be his father was very interesting to know but it is shame that Loalo wasn't George's real father. I really wished that Loalo and Charles became the recurring characters of this show after this episode because I really liked them. A lot of funny parts in this episode with a well handled storyline. Overall, an excellent Thanksgiving episode of "George Lopez" that is most certainly an enjoyable way to spend 30 minutes of your time. 10/10