George Lopez

ABC (ended 2007)

DuelMark

George Lopez Fan Reviews page 2 of 4

• A superb comedy show.

This show is about a man named George Lopez and he lives with his wife Angie, his son Max, and his daughter Carmen. They have good lives but then there are some times when they can be in bad situations which can make their lives horrible. So it is up to George Lopez to try to make things easier in his life and his family lives but sometimes he screws up but when that happens he tries to make the audience laugh by making fun of what things he has to change or maybe he changes the subject to be funny.

Overall, this is a great comedy show for the families and I would recommend anyone to watch this show. If you haven't seen this show then you don't know what kind of comedy that your missing.
  • George Lopez was a great show! This is one that is really fun to watch on reruns! The Lopez family was like a slightly more serious version of the Bundy's from Married With Children.

George Lopez was a great show! This is one that is really fun to watch on reruns! The Lopez family was like a slightly more serious version of the Bundy's from Married With Children. George and Angie always ran into situations that were funny, many with the children, Carmen and Max, involved. George always tries to handle all the problems his way and usually Angie has to help him out of trouble. George's mom always gets on their nerves and the kids seem to be getting in trouble much of the time. Ernie, George's best friend, is a good, funny character too. Nice music to start and end the show too and an occasional visit from Sandra Bullock.
  • GEORGE LOPEZ RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

george lopez rocks! i watch it every nite on nick at nite and when i say every nite, i mean EVERY NITE!!!! i know i am spelling night wrong too. i think i have seen every episode and i will watch them all again. i think this show beats all sitcoms because it has so many funny parts to it and you really get into the story line. i like all of the characters for different reasons and each each episode for the same reasons. i could answer any trivia questions on the show. i mean ANY QUESTION. george lopez rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Another cool sitcom on Nick at Nite.

George Lopez is one cool mexican dude! Nice that he was a voice actor in a recent movie coming out n production. It was about dogs but I don't know how to spell the type/breed of dogs that were in the movie.:P Well back to the show, this show is awesome and is another good sitcom that actually came out around this decade. It just goes to show you that in this decade there can be some golden sitcoms produced too! I love this show and is one where I sit down and enjoy watching reruns of it. George Lopez like Home Improvement, Full House, Fresh Prince, and Family Matters are true sitcom gold where the whole family can sit down and enjoy watching them and have a good laugh. But this show suprisingly ended all of a sudden last year, that's a shame. I think some more good episodes can be produced for this! So yeah I wish it can be brought back sometime soon. Maybe the stars had other jobs and parts to other shows and movies, but I hope they can have enough spare time again to try and be the characters in this show then. Because this show is great and every episode has enjoyable plots. I always couldn't wait to see more! Well, this definitely is another great live-action sitcom where Nick at Nite fortunately still airs it. I also think the daughter of George Lopez in the show is wicked hot! I love her!
  • Excellent

The George Lopez show is hilarious, excellent, and just laugh out loud funny. George Lopez is one of the funniest people in the world probably (or at least in the show he is). But for me, what really makes the show so great is Belita Moreno, or known as Benny Lopez on the show. Her character is the best character for TV history. Her hillbilly ways or her bizarre ways of raising George are hilarious. She makes cruel jokes and never gives thanks to people who help her. As I said before, this show is excellent and I would highly recommend of watching it.
  • One of the best shows ever created. It focuses on a Mexican-American family starring George Lopez.

Honestly, this was the best show ABC ever had, why they didn't bring it back for a 7th season I'll never know. The first time I watched George Lopez I was laughing so bad my stomach and jaw was beginning to hurt. I honestly hope they bring it back, one of the best sit-coms that was not based off white characters. Anyone who watches this will have a great half an hour of laughs thanks to George Lopez and co. I still re-watch episodes and still find them entertaining, but I guess the only way the show could improve is if it came back.
  • George Lopez does it again.

George Lopez creates a new show staring himself and I have to say "Nice job George."This show has all the George Lopez humor in the world packed into one half hour. This show stars George Lopez,his wife Angie,his teenage daughter Carmen,his young son Max,his best pal Ernie,his mom Benny,and his Cuban father in-law Vic. This show is filled with tons of comedy which will give the George Lopez lovers more to love and the George Lopez haters more to hate. Even if you don't like George Lopez this show will make you change you're mind. So if you like comedy and/or George Lopez you'll love the George Lopez show!
  • My all time favorite. I watch every night.

I am so glad that nick at nite shows two shows back to back. Then two hours later, they repeat the same two show. I have seen every show that they air at least five times each. I especially like the episodes that have guest stars and I am in the process of getting a list of those specific episode titles. My favorite guest star is Andy Garcia. I like the episode with H.R Puffnstuff. I remember watching him when I was a kid. I also like the episodes with Jerry Springer. Most of all I like the way George and his mom go at each other. I do believe though deep down inside they love each other. A couple episodes have shown this.
  • Awesome show! I watch it every night!

Everytime I watch this show, I crack up into pieces. George Lopez's jokes are just hilarious. The stories that Benny tells about George's childhood are shamefully funny. I love this show and I will continue to watch it as long as it airs. I wouldn't really change anything. The only thing I find kind of annoying is Carmen. God, it's like every other episode about her has her running away or having boy trouble. George Lopez starred in a great, entertaining show with loveable characters in my book. Carmen was the only thing holding my rating back from a Perfect 10. If only it was still running :(
  • The first 5 seasons, awesome, the last season, brings down the rating.

6.8
    When the show made its debut i was amazed, it looked like an awesome show and it met its expectations, then it hit rock bottom, season 6. They got rid of Carmen and replaced her with the neice. Was that a smart move? I think not. They lost a ton of viewers and, from me, a ton of respect. Why I say that is because after that the episodes kind of lost thier touch. Carmen was the bug-eyed, picked on girl that we all came to know and love, they replaced her with the drunk, drop out neice. What an improvement huh?
  • The life and stylings of George Lopez.

As chris griffen once said this show just promotes the stereotype george lopez is funny. While that is true it is still a great show and is very original. THe plot hooked and the jokes can be great because they go there. Although this show can be rascist it is funny how bad benny treats George and how no one looks alike but thats ok becasuse it is a very very good show that gives me something to watch and fills up a spot on my dvr. Which is very hard to get on. (Its really just simpsons Family guy and Drake and Josh and George lopez.
  • Love this show!

I absolutely love this show! I always watch it everyday at 9:00 p.m. Central because there's nothing else to watch and I need a good laugh!
    This show is hilarious and entertaining, like other comedies. It deals with what George Lopez goes through everyday as a person, like us.
    There's problems like divorced families, bullying at school, keeping a promise, choosing between two people, everything!

George is a good actor and a funny entertainer. I love how he talks to his mom and family. How he deals with all of his problems and life. Overall, a really good show to watch!! GREAT comedy!
  • i think i just fell in love o.O

George Lopez has got to be one of my fav actors! When I first watched his show on Nick at Nick I thought oh no another bad sitcom. I judged the show to quickly because after a few episodes I fell in love! George Lopez=awesomeness! I really enjoy watching on George Lopez at night! This show is not like those bad humor poorly acted sitcoms networks throw out. This show deserves its fame but not to be cancelled!!!!! ABC made a huge mistake there. Every episode is clever and witty and lol worthy and I fall in love with the characters every time! Theres just something about this show thats unique, with the actors, the interesting plots, and storylines. I love that George Lopez is a show about latinos! Most of my friends are hispanic and I think its cool to see a show not about some white family. Its weird because I'm white and I've found myself in love with George Lopez! =P

anywhoos, i love george lopez!!!

peace out XD
  • George Lopez gets his own show where he tells us about his live and experiences. George becomes a family man and faces everyday issues: work, stress, kids, and his mother.A really nice show with comedy and nice life-changing lessons. A pleasure to watch.

7.9
    I like this show, it's alright. George Lopez shows us what's it's like being a latino working family man. George Lopez uses his comedy skills to fix/solve him family issues.The show is pretty good, but it can be irritating. For instance,George always complains about his childhood and the way his mother treated him.Much of the show has to do with the past.Something that is overrated is George Lopez's head, it's not that big, and in this show it's a common element. In the flashbacks, George has this HUGE head, the first few times they showed it was funny ,now it's just too common every time they show it. Aside from all that the show is exceptional and well written. The show does need to be brought back, but could use improvement.
  • Initially I turned the other cheek when i first heard of this show i could care less i thought oh great when ever i saw it coming on in the line up however i soon realized i was dead wrong about this show once i watched it it was a great!! Hilarious show

I never intially gave this show a chance i remember all of the occasions i used to watch Nick and Night I'd check the Program line-up to see what was coming on next and i'd always turn the channel When I Saw That George Lopez was coming on. However it wasn't until just about 1 month ago i became HOOKED on this show, I now regret never having gaven this show a chance because it is now in my heart as a personal favorite, it's funny,warm,deep, with good lessons all in one, besides how hot is Angie *Whistles* this isn't your typical run of the mill sitcom this is Deeper with more tougher issues being tackled such as parental abandonment,Divorce,Racism, and Physical abuse as it was mentioned often that Benny Lopez was abused Physically by her parents why resulted in her Tough-I Dont Give a Crap type attitude,
  • Finally a show with a hispanic family!

What I love about this show is how it shows a positive and well written view of Hispanic family. I love that this show makes me laugh while it addresses serious issues. What's more, I love that the family incorporates Spanish into the script, which adds an element of reality to the show. Though I am not Mexican, I am Puerto Rican, and can see a lot of similarities between the cultures. My family speaks a similar form of Spanglish, and it's nice to have a show where I can fully understand the jokes. (What's more, I love that not everyone can pick them up) There is no show quite like this one, and for that I'm grateful. How anyone can make a horrible childhood and alcoholic mother into a hilarious running joke is beyond me. Talk about talent from an excellent ensemble cast!
  • Very good show!

Though it is suprising it got canceled all of sudden, at least Nick in my opinion made the right choice of at least showing great reruns of George Lopez on Nick at Nite. I also find this show quite funny, as George stars as the Main character of the show, and good people were chosen to play as very good family members to add on an excellent storyline to this show. Carman is one example and Name i remember. She is so sweet and nice, so i am very impressed that she was chosen to have a role for George Lopez. (i don't know if that may be kinda strange though considering i am a girl.) But nonetheless i am sure she would thank me for saying that! :lol: i also think that this may be one of the best Sitcoms too,George Lopez i think is so funny! :lol: again! Though i am not exactly sure what the story was of this show having to be canceled, it would be nice though to have this renewed! Not sure when that's going to happen though, if it is going to happen at all that is. Just saying though that i sure would like it to happen, this show getting renewed that is, because i liked this show very much and i have enjoyed watching it, and i STILL enjoy watching the great and fabulous reruns Nick at Nite shows! Ah well, you still have done good George Lopez! and your show was great while it lasted!
  • George Lopez is a show about George Lopez's life with his wife, two kids, unappreciative mom, best friend, and many more likable characters that will captivate you in more ways than you realize.

George Lopez is a show that is filled the cruel humor, drama, and more strange family issues than most family tv shows. It is for this reason that the show is extremely funny and entertaining. The issues of boys, school, and sex often follow closely behind Carmen. Carmen is George's teenage daughter who cares too much about what others think about her and often gets into trouble because of it.

The issues of grades, friends, and girls often follow closely behind Max. Max is George's dislexic son who always makes bad grades in school.

Of course there is Angie, Benny, Vic, and Ernie.

Angie is George's over generous wife who tries to help everyone she meets that needs it.

Benny is George's unappreciative mother who never compliments anything and always uses sarcastic cracks about everything and gets drunk everynight at the bar.

Vic is George's rich father-in-law. Vic is a doctor and has many wife problems as well as issues with spoiling his children.

Ernie is George's best friend and has been ever since they were little kids growing up. He has girl problems because he never can get a date.

George Lopez is a show that doesn't follow the typical, restrained family comedy script. It has high amounts of cruel humor that you don't find in other shows of this sort such as Home Improvement and Family Matters. It has many problems that other shows have but this one is far more blunt and straight forward about it than the other shows.

If you have any likings for comedy or cruel humor than you should definately give this show a shot. It comes on Nick at Night at 9:00 central time.

Overall Score: 8.9
  • Really funny show.

Comedian George Lopez plays George Lopez in the show "George Lopez" (that was weird). He has a wife, 2 kids, and a bat crazy mom living with him (but one of his kids, Carmen, leaves the show when she goes to college and is replaced by a cousin for the last 2 or 3 seasons of the show). It is a really funny show that I think shouldn't have ended. Also, George is the manager of an airplane factory and works with his mom, so he has to get her out of trouble sometimes. It's something that you should take the time to watch.
  • bring this show back!

this whole show teaches parents a lesson. and also it teaches kids a lesson. even if the kids have a messed up life they can still have a wonderful wife and kids when they are all grown up. and as for the parents lesson, you should really think about the responsibility if you are going to have a baby. i havent watched all the episodes but all the episodes that i have seen is very interesting. i watch the episodes on nick @ nite. i have nothing else to say and i am almost done with typing 101 words. im done
  • Hilarious!

A hilarious show that always got me laughing because of the great comedy. This is another show that can add such great comedy into the everyday problems of the pretty average family, the Lopez's. I love how many different problems this family must go through as they still can supply such great and funny comedy into the right times.

Because of everything that has happened to George and Benny, there are certain times where you really feel bad for them. Other times, you just want to laugh at the hilarious jokes that they made at each other. And in the words of Angie while talking to George, "Your family is really jacked up." Now that was a line that got me falling to the floor laughing so hard. You got to love this show as it has great comedy, and a "loving" family out together. I will always love this show.
  • A great show, no matter what it truly was.

George Lopez is a funny show about that man, George Lopez, who works at a factory, and his family. This includes his beautiful wife, Angie, his kids Carmen and Max, and his crazy mother, Benny. Some other people in this show were George's friend Ernie, his father in law Vic, and his niece Veronica. Although the show was funny, there are some problems. For me, the show's problems were Angie, as good looking as she was, there were a lot of good looking women in this show, was too sensitive. She should have loosened up sometimes. Another problem towards the end of the show to me was apparently Max, who is mostly an interesting, stupid character in a funny way, became attracted to his OWN cousin. Any jokes suggesting that should have been scrapped. Also I don't think Carmen should have had that many problems with boys and with people in school. I guess my only other problem is that I feel that Benny should have been a little nicer to George when he was younger. Why this show quickly caught my attention was some of the funny crude humor that they used. It was very interesting to see a family show be so Liberal and not be as restrained as other family shows like Home Improvement, Family Matters, and especially the overly G rated show, The Cosby Show. That, unfairly, I think was it's downfall. Some have stated on here that the show was canceled for low ratings. That might be in part because unlike the other family shows I mentioned, this show was probably not well liked by those annoyingly restrictive Christian Conservatives/Evangelicals who probably thought that this wasn't a family show. They probably are important to any family shows ratings. My parents are Christian Conservatives and I know they wouldn't have liked it. But I think these groups are wrong. This was a great show which had it's family moments and they need to make more family shows, that are REAL, like this so that those annoying groups can be more accepting of some of the humor used. I hope to see more shows like George Lopez in the future.
  • Great show!

George Lopez is a hilarious sitcom about a family of four. Angie, George, Carmen, and Max. But who could forget George's hilarious mother Benny. And who could forget Ernie, George's best friend. This show is really funny and I have no clue why they cancelled it. The show was getting better that ever, and I wish they'd bring it back. I watch this show like every night because its so funny every episode will have you rolling on the floor laughing -- - not literally of course but it really is a great show that I like to watch so tune in.
  • I can't believe they cancelled this show!

I know there are a lot of people that love this show! I'm not hispanic but this show is very enjoyable to watch. I love this show and I miss the new episodes. I watch it on Nick at Night almost every night. I can't believe they cancelled it. ABC said it was due to low ratings, but I think they really cancelled it to make room for new shows - new shows that are lame! And I don't think George Lopez is a racist, I think he said that because that's one of the few (if any) shows that focus on a hispanic family.
    I miss that show and I think it would be cool if it was brought back - even to another network!
  • The show just rocks

we all loved George Lopez i think the show will need just repaet this was perfect just like one of my classic favs "Fresh Prince" George lopez is hilariously funny and people all over the world love him all his stuf is funny i love the jokes about his childhood and i dont believe his head is THAT big i think its medium his mother Benny is just as hilarious but i think when the show got bad is when they took carmen off and replaced her with Veronica i didnt really like her she made the show too innapropritte to be funny i think she took the show downhill not George her because Angie couldnt read sturpid parenting books to Crack on there was less then that and more drama.the first episode with her benny was in jail she had a stalker boyfriend and max is failing High School (too much drama) when max got older they treated him dumber the show was losing pointit really wasnt georges fault other ABC shows were dramas so they wanted to be like that thats when they lost veiwres
  • Great show!

George Lopez was around for awhile and got better and better in my eyes every season. I am so depressed and shocked that it was cancelled. Great theme song, great characters, great cast, great humor, and everything else you can think of! So I strongly suggest that you watch this --- any way you can --- get a DVD, rent it, go to YouTube, watch for reruns --- but whatever you do, and I mean WHATEVER YOU DO, make sure that sometime in your lifetime you watch George Lopez. Believe me --- you won't regret it. I know I didn't.
  • This show is about a man name George Lopez and his family.

this is the funniest show that i have ever seen.this show is funny,creative,and the worlds funniest comedy ever seen and herd.the comets that George uses are so funny he even uses it on other shows that he has done.i know i love this show i would never miss it on tv even if i have seen every episode.this show is just amazing who ever wrote this is the best writer because of the brain of his that created this show and i know he or she can create so many more shows like this that everyone would love. i know everyone has already seen it.
  • This show is about george trying to live his life with his family.they go through life with the ups and downs and some comedy to add.It is a funny show to watch....

This show is absolutely one of the best family sitcoms show's on t.v George Lopez always make people laugh in his family.His very obnoxious family consists of a drunk and crazy mom, a hot wife who is always trying to make things right,also a teenage daughter who is trying to go out, and a son who always gets in trouble.And yea it sounds like one big happy family.this show could always make people laugh.But it also has some drama, romance, and action. Yeah it is one funny show. So turn your t.v to channel 9 at 11:00pm.Trust me it's one show you need to watch.
  • This show is about the misadventures of George Lopez and his obnoxious fam. they go through life with the ups and downs and some comedy to add.

This show is absolutely one of the best family sitcoms on t.v. George Lopez is always a laugh in this family. His very obnoxious family consists of a drunk and crazy mom, a hot wife who is very optimistic, a teenage daughter who is alone, and a son who always gets in trouble. Yep it sounds like one big happy family. This show always has some of the best comedy. But it also has some drama, romance, and action. Yeah it is one hi - larious show. So don't even think about pickin up that remote and changing the channel because George Lopez is back baby. Trust me it's one show you need to watch.
  • Rocks so hard!

There are so many reasons I love this show. It has so many funny characters, and they all have such a chemistry with each other. It is such an awesome show, and it is my favorite show I have ever seen. All of the episodes are hilarious, and there are a lot of references to previous episodes. Benny is so hilarious, and she has been my favorite character for a while now. This show is so hilarious, and it has such a long list of memorable quotes. If you haven't seen this show, you have absolutely no idea what you're missing out on.
1 2 3 4