George Lopez

ABC (ended 2007)

Bookworm1617

George Lopez Fan Reviews (114)

• Why is this supposed to be funny?

I can't laugh at this show. I really have a hard time trying to laugh at bits that are so old. The acting is very average and the comedy is boring. I don't understand why the show lasted as long as it did, but I guess others saw something I haven't been able to catch. The only good thing i can say about this show is that it managed to stay consistently the same in terms of frequent plots and storylines. Other than that, I just didn't care for everything else. Overall, not a terrible show, it just isn't funny or good. Thank you.
  • seriously why does everyone like this dang show.

Seriously why does everyone like this dang show. Ok my older brother watches it and i've seen only 3 episodes of it and it sucks like crap! Worst show on nick at nite ever! I'm surprised this show actually last pretty long. WOW! It's not even funny. the jokes are like forcing you to laugh, but i can't because it stinks. This show should just be canceled from all channels!

• this show is terrible

3.1
    seriously this show is not funny its humour is so retarded george is always making jokes about how bad his mom was when he was little which sometimes isnt even belivable angie is so annoying and acts so stuck up an carem is a brat max and ernie are the only ones i can stand but i still hate this show.its wierd how so many people think this show is actually funny when its a stupid typical generic sitcom:dumb husband,pretty overprotective wife,daughter who is a brat and acts like a princess,son who flirts with girls all the time.this show is garbage
  • This show proves that TV really can turn you into a mindless brain melted puddle of ooze. Mothers everywhere rejoice that they were right. The rest of us, switch channels.

Positively terrible. When a terrible and completely dry comic gets a TV sitcom, this kind of dribble happens.

Do we really need to waste the airwaves with this kind of crap? After giving it a fair shot for 3 episodes, I want that hour and a half of my life back. I am begging whoever controls that...I should have done...anything else.

I feel terrible for the other actors and actresses on the show, because they now have this on their resume, and that won't look good. Some of them have some talent, or perhaps that is just because they are acting next to the complete lack of talent which is George Lopez. I can't be sure about that.

Even with nothing else on, I switch channels, or if I have to, go to the DVD collection, because I wouldn't make it through an episode of this without a gun to my head or a sac full of cash enticing me to make it for the longest half hour of my life.
  • see this show sucks

george lopez is a dumb mexican hes not funny hes has a freaking talk show what so good about this guy hes not bill cosby or even half as funny as him. i dont no what more i can say about this show so ill copy and paste this review so it will be long enough.
  • This show suffers primarily from poor acting. The writing isnt fantastic, but is generally well thought. It is however, poor delivery and redudancy from the cast which make watching this show a task similar to chewing on a grenade

This show suffers primarily from poor acting. The writing isnt fantastic, but is generally well thought. It is however, poor delivery and redudancy from the cast which make watching this show a task similar to chewing on a grenade. The show tries to be topical but fails miseralbly. There is also a prevolant focus to appeal and racial connection to the Latino perspective. This is the one thing the show does well. It can at times can come across as overbearing though. you may feel tricked for trying to watch a show for a few laughs, but come to realize that there are alterior motives beneath the poor jokes
  • "George Lopez" is (well to me) the mexican counterpount of "According to Jim". And thats a bad thing.

Before I start to talk about "George Lopez", I like to point out that I know there are fans of "George Lopez". I respect that but, this is my thoughts of this show for the people who haven't seen it.

"George Lopez" is a family sitcom that use to air on ABC. "George Lopez" stars stand up comedian George Lopez.

"George Lopez" is about the misadventures of George Lopez and his family. Sounds familar, then the whole show sounds familar with the only difference being is that the family is mexican. The basic problem is that "George Lopez" contains every single family cliche, the dad who gets into lots of trouble, the overprotected mother, the daughter who is embrassed of her family and the annoying son. I like the concept of a mexican family sitcom but, if it wasn't so cliched. This deserves only 3 out of 10.
  • George Lopez, the family comedy starring popular standup comedian George Lopez falls short - for no apparent reason.

7.6
    When I first tuned into this show because I’m a huge fan of George Lopez, I wasn’t surprised. The show was funny! The main word being “was”. Now I cant watch it because it’s just not that funny. I don’t even know if it’s the cast or the story.

The story centers around George’s family:
    George's devoted wife, Angie (Constance Marie), possesses the patience of a saint and copes surprisingly well with Benny's questionable past and insensitive wisecracks, and with George's freewheeling approach to parenthood. Her newfound success as a cosmetics salesperson and her passion for lost causes tries George's patience, but in the end makes him love and rely upon her that much more. George and Angie's nine-year-old son, Max (Luis Armand Garcia), is a dyslexic, sports-loving, constantly curious ball of energy, while their bright 15-year-old daughter, Carmen (Masiela Lusha), struggles with self esteem problems as well as the trials, tribulations and peer pressure of being a teenage high school girl. But in my opinion, there’s no real development of any of these characters. And all of them end up annoying me.
  • Horrible show, intentionally unfunny. Free up air time and end this horrible show now.

0.1
    I, first time viewer, just watched the fifth season premier. Never did I feel so embarrassed for the show. There are plenty of mistakes to make this show intentionally unfunny:

1) Special FX: Baby speaks is cute, but baby with teeth speaks is just stupid.
    2) Change the FX company already. Everybody can see the fire scene is shot in front of the blue screen.
    3) George Lopez has neither the look nor the talent. Looking at him is a publishment.
    4) Ugly/fat husband and slim/hot wife. Don't we have enough shows like this already?
    5) Acting is terrible. period.
    6) Stroyline is so predictable that 5 minutes into the show, you can already turn it off.
    7) Jokes are not funny and have been told too death.

Terrbile show, just terrible. If there is negative point, I will give it -10
  • The older you get, the more boring it is.

Just a few years ago, this was my favorite show. Now watching it, I can't understand why, it has its moments, and when it has those moments, god are they hilarious, but that's only 40 percent of the time, the 60 percent is spent with uninteresting plots, redundant jokes, and spotty acting
  • Better than the sum of its parts

I find it hard to give this show a positive review. There is nothing original at work here. Its setting (a minority family living in suburban America a la The Cosby Show), characters (overbearing father, smart and sexy mother, moody teenage daughter, etc.), and storylines can be found on any other sitcom on television. The performances of all the actors involved aren't exactly Emmy-worthy. Yet there is undeniable charm surrounding it. Lopez really carries this show, and does it well. Like the Showtime series Dexter, this show would suffer without its title character. It's his raw charisma that makes the show worth watching (There's only so much of George's best friend Ernie and father-in-law Vic that I can take.) It isn't memorable, but you could be watching worse things on TV.
  • The first 5 seasons, awesome, the last season, brings down the rating.

6.8
    When the show made its debut i was amazed, it looked like an awesome show and it met its expectations, then it hit rock bottom, season 6. They got rid of Carmen and replaced her with the neice. Was that a smart move? I think not. They lost a ton of viewers and, from me, a ton of respect. Why I say that is because after that the episodes kind of lost thier touch. Carmen was the bug-eyed, picked on girl that we all came to know and love, they replaced her with the drunk, drop out neice. What an improvement huh?
  • A show about a latin american family.

7.9
    The George Lopez show is about a latin American family who goes through funny situations. George Lopez is a great stand up comic but this show seems to lack something. Maybe if they didn't focus too much on the comedic scenes of a family and focused a little bit more on a dramatic and realistic scenarios of a family, it might be better. The show just isn't realistic for me. The jokes are funny but it sometimes gets old. Put a few realistic scenes in the show and it will be a better show. I recommend this show to people who like jokes but not a strong story line.
  • Rocks so hard!

There are so many reasons I love this show. It has so many funny characters, and they all have such a chemistry with each other. It is such an awesome show, and it is my favorite show I have ever seen. All of the episodes are hilarious, and there are a lot of references to previous episodes. Benny is so hilarious, and she has been my favorite character for a while now. This show is so hilarious, and it has such a long list of memorable quotes. If you haven't seen this show, you have absolutely no idea what you're missing out on.
  • A great take on the american family and it is great to see a Latino in a leading role.

7.4
    Well "George Lopez" was made by Bruce Helford of "The Drew Carey Show" and "Roseanne" fame so I knew this would be good. and I was right, Georges mom is a great character who does a lot of the best jokes in the show about her sex life. And Carmen is sexy so if she is in a bikini soon that will be must see tv :D
  • Very Good Show that is starting to be less funny each season.

When this show was first starting I loved it. Now that it is in season 5 I really think that the show needs to up it's funny value. It always seems that they are repeating the same jokes every episode. Here is the plan on each episode. George's Mom says something mean about George, he gets her back with several other jokes, they get in a fight, then she tells him of his childhood. See I'm not saying this is bad it is just getting old though.
  • George Lopez gets his own show where he tells us about his live and experiences. George becomes a family man and faces everyday issues: work, stress, kids, and his mother.A really nice show with comedy and nice life-changing lessons. A pleasure to watch.

7.9
    I like this show, it's alright. George Lopez shows us what's it's like being a latino working family man. George Lopez uses his comedy skills to fix/solve him family issues.The show is pretty good, but it can be irritating. For instance,George always complains about his childhood and the way his mother treated him.Much of the show has to do with the past.Something that is overrated is George Lopez's head, it's not that big, and in this show it's a common element. In the flashbacks, George has this HUGE head, the first few times they showed it was funny ,now it's just too common every time they show it. Aside from all that the show is exceptional and well written. The show does need to be brought back, but could use improvement.
  • good show but hate the new ones

ya it started out good now the only thing goood about it is hte sweet song during the opening credits. i loved this show when it first came on but never watch it anymore as the new ones are dull and repeptitive. so new ones boring, old ones great.

EROK
  • Great show!

George Lopez is a hilarious sitcom about a family of four. Angie, George, Carmen, and Max. But who could forget George's hilarious mother Benny. And who could forget Ernie, George's best friend. This show is really funny and I have no clue why they cancelled it. The show was getting better that ever, and I wish they'd bring it back. I watch this show like every night because its so funny every episode will have you rolling on the floor laughing -- - not literally of course but it really is a great show that I like to watch so tune in.
  • bring this show back!

this whole show teaches parents a lesson. and also it teaches kids a lesson. even if the kids have a messed up life they can still have a wonderful wife and kids when they are all grown up. and as for the parents lesson, you should really think about the responsibility if you are going to have a baby. i havent watched all the episodes but all the episodes that i have seen is very interesting. i watch the episodes on nick @ nite. i have nothing else to say and i am almost done with typing 101 words. im done
  • -My Review on the Show George Lopez-

George Lopez is a pretty funny show, ever episode I tend to get at lease several laughs. I like how the show has a lot of comedy and a little drama mixed into it, it makes it very interesting. My favorite character would have to be of course George Lopez, he's a great comedian.
    Though sometimes I think the humor can be a little crude but still a great show.

• Ha ha so funny!

This show is very hilarious! I love George Lopez. He is a funny guy. Who ever had the idea of giving him his own show was a really real genious. I love to watch this show "George Lopez" every single night before I go to sleep. His comic is very good and not going to far with jokes. I love to watch his stand up, so him having his own show is really cool. And I also like how his shows actually have plots very much unlike most shows that are popular these days like Family Guy and American Dad. 100 words.
  • George lopez isnt as funny here as he is on stand up but the shows still pretty good, he is weird for a parent with kids and the way he raises them is kinda weird

George lopez isnt as funny here as he is on stand up but the shows still pretty good, he is weird for a parent with kids and the way he raises them is kinda weirdGeorge lopez isnt as funny here as he is on stand up but the shows still pretty good, he is weird for a parent with kids and the way he raises them is kinda weirdGeorge lopez isnt as funny here as he is on stand up but the shows still pretty good, he is weird for a parent with kids and the way he raises them is kinda weird
  • A great show, no matter what it truly was.

George Lopez is a funny show about that man, George Lopez, who works at a factory, and his family. This includes his beautiful wife, Angie, his kids Carmen and Max, and his crazy mother, Benny. Some other people in this show were George's friend Ernie, his father in law Vic, and his niece Veronica. Although the show was funny, there are some problems. For me, the show's problems were Angie, as good looking as she was, there were a lot of good looking women in this show, was too sensitive. She should have loosened up sometimes. Another problem towards the end of the show to me was apparently Max, who is mostly an interesting, stupid character in a funny way, became attracted to his OWN cousin. Any jokes suggesting that should have been scrapped. Also I don't think Carmen should have had that many problems with boys and with people in school. I guess my only other problem is that I feel that Benny should have been a little nicer to George when he was younger. Why this show quickly caught my attention was some of the funny crude humor that they used. It was very interesting to see a family show be so Liberal and not be as restrained as other family shows like Home Improvement, Family Matters, and especially the overly G rated show, The Cosby Show. That, unfairly, I think was it's downfall. Some have stated on here that the show was canceled for low ratings. That might be in part because unlike the other family shows I mentioned, this show was probably not well liked by those annoyingly restrictive Christian Conservatives/Evangelicals who probably thought that this wasn't a family show. They probably are important to any family shows ratings. My parents are Christian Conservatives and I know they wouldn't have liked it. But I think these groups are wrong. This was a great show which had it's family moments and they need to make more family shows, that are REAL, like this so that those annoying groups can be more accepting of some of the humor used. I hope to see more shows like George Lopez in the future.
  • i love this show rly good! It is a guilty pleasure and i just can never stop watching it i can't wait till the next week to see more and another episode i hope it stays on forever and ever i give it rly good rewiews and stuff cause itrocks!

• Common show theme with a fresh feel to it.

Although this show is like many others of its kind, there are few like this one that have its own comedic originality. Issues like some that are expressed on the show are becoming more recent so people of our time can relate to them. Overall, I think that this show is worth at half an hour of your time if you're willing to give it a chance.
  • George Lopez is a show about George Lopez's life with his wife, two kids, unappreciative mom, best friend, and many more likable characters that will captivate you in more ways than you realize.

George Lopez is a show that is filled the cruel humor, drama, and more strange family issues than most family tv shows. It is for this reason that the show is extremely funny and entertaining. The issues of boys, school, and sex often follow closely behind Carmen. Carmen is George's teenage daughter who cares too much about what others think about her and often gets into trouble because of it.

The issues of grades, friends, and girls often follow closely behind Max. Max is George's dislexic son who always makes bad grades in school.

Of course there is Angie, Benny, Vic, and Ernie.

Angie is George's over generous wife who tries to help everyone she meets that needs it.

Benny is George's unappreciative mother who never compliments anything and always uses sarcastic cracks about everything and gets drunk everynight at the bar.

Vic is George's rich father-in-law. Vic is a doctor and has many wife problems as well as issues with spoiling his children.

Ernie is George's best friend and has been ever since they were little kids growing up. He has girl problems because he never can get a date.

George Lopez is a show that doesn't follow the typical, restrained family comedy script. It has high amounts of cruel humor that you don't find in other shows of this sort such as Home Improvement and Family Matters. It has many problems that other shows have but this one is far more blunt and straight forward about it than the other shows.

If you have any likings for comedy or cruel humor than you should definately give this show a shot. It comes on Nick at Night at 9:00 central time.

Overall Score: 8.9
  • well i just stared to wach to the George Lopez show and its great the show is funny its about George his wife Anige Grandma Bennie Carmon his daughter max he's son Erinee his best friend my favorite chacter is Bennie she is funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George has a big head so that a funny joke Caromon always go through drama Max is not the smateriest student Bennie is just crazy!!!!!1 and Angie keep's them all together Bennie and Geroge did not have a good relship George dad left them and Bennie was not to nice to Geroge and never says i love congrats only a few times but she says something will get her Erinee is funny but he and Angie are my lest favorite chatcters !!!!!! show is relly funny it suck i just stred to watch it ! its relly funny so watch Geroge Lopez on Nick at nite!
  • Can't get enough

Absolutely love this show. Who would have thought this would last as long as it did. I glad it was moved from the Friday Night line up which would have gotten it cancelled.
    Lopez obviously makes the show and the supporting cast couldn't be better. I especially enjoy the human intrest story lines.
  • great

this show is a really good show i still realy do not see what is that good about it i mean its funny but for some reason i just feel that the comedy is really screwed up i also think carmen should be less of a main charecter i like ernie in the show it is a little funny when ernies mom i also think benny is screwed up its like hi i am benny and i cannot stop smoking etc. but its still a really good show i like jack and mel andmax and especially georg it bis a great show
< 1 2 3 4