George Lopez

The Simple Life

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 16, 2004 on ABC

6.6
  • Part 1 of this "George Lopez" Thanksgiving episode was SUPERB... although, it really isn't my favorite Thanksgiving episode

When George decides a new job opportunity may be for him, he takes the family to a little town in Colorado on "vacation". But when he gets the job, resistance from Angie as well as springing the news on the kids makes George reconsider his idea. And in a moment of romance, Benny and Vic kiss, to the horror of Ernie. I thought that this was a superb Thanksgiving episode of "George Lopez" and they start off this episode with Part 1. Thanksgiving may be over but that doesn't this week is over. Thanksgiving was yesterday but I figured I can review just a few more Thanksgiving episodes before the week ends. Part 1 really isn't my favorite episode and it could do better but I still liked it. My main issue was that Carmen and Max complaining to George about moving to Colorado was getting annoying and I didn't like how they just walked out and hanged out with those troubled kids. There were a lot of parts that really made me laugh in this episode to make up for the weakness of the plot plus Carmen and Max being a little annoying by complaining. I laughed so hard when Ernie walked in the house and saw Benny and Vic kiss each other which scarred him for life and made it a total horror for Ernie. Also, the way Ernie screamed was very funny as well. Overall, Part 1 of this Thanksgiving episode could have done better but it is better than Part 2 at least. Enjoyable way to spend 30 minutes of your time... plus Part 2 makes it 1 hour of your time. 9/10