George Lopez

Would You Like a Drumstick or a Kidney?

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 21, 2003 on ABC

6.6
  • Last appearance of Manny Lopez (George's father) before he died which is in the next episode "Mementos"

After inviting his extended family to Thanksgiving dinner, George learns his estranged father needs a new kidney. I thought that this was an excellent Thanksgiving episode of "George Lopez". It is a funny episode but it is also sad. This episode marks the final appearance of Manny Lopez (Manny's father). Not only that but it is also the final appearance of George Lopez (Lou Diamond Philip) and Lydia (Cristina Saralegui). Manny needs a new kidney in order to continue living. After George (Lou Diamond Phillip) didn't have the same blood type as Manny, it is up to the other George Lopez (which is himself) to decide if he should give the kidney to Manny. George must make the toughest decision of his life since some of them are pressuring George to give Manny a new kidney and the others are saying that George shouldn't do it because they don't want him to die. There were a lot of funny parts in this episode such as when Lydia said "Yes kids, at least they now have a grandmother who is a female" which insults Benny, Lydia telling Angie that she is NOT going to sit next to Ernie, Ernie sitting in a small chair at the table (LOL), Ernie opening his mouth saying how George has the same blood type as Manny and then Benny pinches Ernie to shut him up, Lydia telling George "If you don't give your kidney to the man who gave you life, I will come where you're sleeping and I will rip it out myself", Benny at the Thanksgiving dinner table saying that she might be responsible for Manny having the kidney disease and then she said "Well, I prayed specifically for kidney disease", Benny asking George "Now what if I need a kidney but you've already gave your spare to Manny... now what am I suppose to do?" then George says "You wanna know what you're suppose to do?" then Benny says "Yes I do" then George says "You wanna know?" then Benny says "Please tell me" and then George makes the sound "Beeeeeeeeeeeep", and more. The scene with George and Manny hugging was heartwarming and made me smile and I also liked that George made a decision of giving Manny his kidney. It did stink that Manny died in the next episode "Mementos" so rest in peace to George's father Manny. Overall, an excellent Thanksgiving episode of "George Lopez". 10/10